ADVERTISEMENT

Movies you love but seems like nobody else has seen?

Who the hell hasn’t seen Time Bandits?
You’d be surprised. But I’ll add the two other movies from the Gilliam trilogy: Brazil and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

A few more for my list:
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover
Naked Lunch
Drugstore Cowboy
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
The Favour, The Watch, and the Very Big Fish

Pre surgery Demi....yummy
images
Love this movie. Quintessential 80s John Cusack.

You’d be surprised. But I’ll add the two other movies from the Gilliam trilogy: Brazil and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

A few more for my list:
Naked Lunch
Drugstore Cowboy
Drugstore Cowboy. Great movie.

Reactions: Fan In Black
Eulogy. Ray Ramano, Zooey Deschanel, Hank Azaria, Debra Winger, Rip Torn. Hilarious.

A few more for my list:
Naked Lunch
Drugstore Cowboy
Buckeroo Banzai is an outstanding movie.

I loved that movie.

The odd thing is that I kind of randomly stumbled onto it and then the same week, I watched this one. (A Love Song for Bobby Long). They are both dramas focusing on wrecked/estranged families and in each case the growing back together or rather together for the first time.

I think if you like one, you will like the other equally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott559
Didn’t have cable growing up so rented and dubbed about every movie that came out in the 80s and 90s. A few that come to mind that I believe are somewhat unknown that I liked as a kid

Best of the Best
People under the stairs
Who’s harry crumb
Big Man on Campus (Bob Maluga one)
Diggstown

I rewatched this one the other day. Might be in my Top 5 but I don’t know anyone other than my wife who’s seen it. Funny, sad, relatable if you have spent any time in the Midwest or have family from there.

Whatcha got?
I watched it. Not an all timer but I liked it.

"Greater" is a movie I really liked but did not hear much about.

Last edited:
Oh wow one of THE all time favorites of mine and you can’t stream it you can only get trailers on YT.
Cast is amazing.
That was the case forever but it is now available on Max!

Reactions: goldmom
Oh wow one of THE all time favorites of mine and you can’t stream it you can only get trailers on YT.
Cast is amazing.
Use the below site a lot to see what steaming sites older movies are on and looks like it is on Max

Ben Afleck has made a handful of movies recently that are quite good with complex, sophisticated plots. The best of these is "Gone Girl" which is based on an innovative crime novel.

I have mentioned it to any number of people and to this point, no one seems to have ever heard of either the novel or the film:

One last one: "Nobody Else but You"

This might be a little too obscure for this thread, but it was a great movie and I have been aching to mention it to someone; anyone for awhile now. It has been compared to Fargo and described as a Coen Brothers style movie in the marketing campaign. I think those are fair assessments. It also shares some atmospheric qualities and a key plot point with "Wind River." (Which should be on this list as well).

It is however in French with subtitles.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT