ADVERTISEMENT

MSU and Iowa

Dec 31, 2011
wow MSU was like what top 15 preseason and are now 2-5. Both teams are underperforming

But the difference is one has a fresh qb and one as a senior coming fresh from a 12-0 season.

Just a couple questions...yes or no please.

1) Is there ANY chance Ferentz be fired tomorrow above say 1 in a million?

2) If #1 is a no...would you agree that then the solution knowing that must include Ferentz?

3) If #2 is a yes, then it seems so simple to me. Recruiting must be improved, correct? Can't change the coach. Doubtful the coach will make sweeping staff changes. So, this staff therefore must get better players.

I have been harping on this ever since the game ended today. If that makes me the bad guy, then so be it. It just seems to be such a complete and utter waste of time asking for something - a head coaching change - we all now know ain't going to happen.

Iowa went 12-0 reg season last year. Ferentz didn't get stupid overnight. He lost several key players to graduation and didn't have quality replacements for them lined up for this year. Is that reason to tar and feather the guy?

I say no. I do say goddammit, recruit better.

You have to be a Ferentz. Every post of yours just oozes with arrogance and smugness
Pat Fitzgerald, is that you? Get over your bitterness towards Iowa, Pat. It's unbecoming.

Actually win something of importance other than your grudge match with Iowa for a change. Thanks.

Don't try and compare MSU and Iowa. MSU has been great the past 6 years minus this year.......Iowa has had 1 good season with a weak a$$ schedule. MSU has won 3 B1G championships in the last 6 years. Iowa hasn't won a B1G title since 2004.
Or a bowl game for 5-6 years

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
Don't try and compare MSU and Iowa. MSU has been great the past 6 years minus this year.......Iowa has had 1 good season with a weak a$$ schedule. MSU has won 3 B1G championships in the last 6 years. Iowa hasn't won a B1G title since 2004.
And?....

But the difference is one has a fresh qb and one as a senior coming fresh from a 12-0 season.

12-2, not 12-0, and the Iowa offense last year ranked 54th nationally in PPG and 89th in passing yards per game (though Beatherd was 40th in passer rating).

2) If #1 is a no...would you agree that then the solution knowing that must include Ferentz?

3) If #2 is a yes, then it seems so simple to me. Recruiting must be improved, correct? Can't change the coach. Doubtful the coach will make sweeping staff changes. So, this staff therefore must get better players.

I have been harping on this ever since the game ended today. If that makes me the bad guy, then so be it. It just seems to be such a complete and utter waste of time asking for something - a head coaching change - we all now know ain't going to happen.

Iowa went 12-0 reg season last year. Ferentz didn't get stupid overnight. He lost several key players to graduation and didn't have quality replacements for them lined up for this year. Is that reason to tar and feather the guy?

All fan posts on a football message board are a waste of time. Thats sort of the whole point of even following a sport, to waste some time. I don't see how posters dreaming about some super coach who isn't ever coming here is any different than dreaming about some super recruits who aren't coming either. And what's the value in being realistic about Iowa football anyway?

Some teams have definitely had bigger failures this year than Iowa. For some of us, that's part of the irritation. Going 12-0 last year in the regular season was great, no doubt about that. And they were agonizingly close in the B1G title game. But then there was the complete and utter dismantling they suffered in the Rose Bowl and it's back downhill to mediocrity again. And Iowa is quickly forgotten nationally.
So msu and stanford are bigger flameouts this year. In large part that's due to them being much bigger and more relevant nationally for a longer period. Iowa had their once every 5 to 7 years rise above the average in the regular season then fall back down to average or below again.
It would have been nice to break that cycle this year.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Ferentz did not lose several "key" player to graduation. We lost Smith and Nate. They were hardly world beaters. Blythe was the only real loss.

Arkansas got beat 56 to 3 today. They gave up something like 550 yards rushing today, and SEC conference game record.

Hire Bielema!

Yeah, this made me smile. Nebraska tried to get that guy, too. After Wisconsin got jobbed by the refs and had a game stolen from them by referee clock error a few years ago, his stupid wife made some really nasty comments about Wisconsin fans. I'd say his status is dropping like a rock right now.

Ferentz did not lose several "key" player to graduation. We lost Smith and Nate. They were hardly world beaters. Blythe was the only real loss.
I think our "buddy" Cowherd made a big deal how far down the draft our graduates from last year fared. We did not lose several key players to graduation, although VB at receiver due to injury is a big loss.

Actually, yes. It is his job to recruit players that are good enough to fill the holes from graduation. He gets paid millions of dollars. With that kind of salary comes expectations. He doesn't meet expectations then he shouldn't collect the cash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT