ADVERTISEMENT

MTG: Motion to Vacate Speaker

I guess the real question that needs to be answered is what tax rate as a society are we comfortable with. I'm sitting at about 40% so not sure I feel great about that considering we are in massive debt with no end in sight and nobody that wants to tackle it.

The other issue is we have less than half of the country that make up the tax base. Almost 200 million people file no federal tax.

Income tax is not the only tax out there but it's the only actual progessive tax out there. So it makes wealthier people really angry because they expect all taxes to be regressive.

They don't like paying a tax that actually takes a real bite out of their income. Kind of like what poorer people do with every other tax that exists.

Income tax is not the only tax out there but it's the only actual progessive tax out there. So it makes wealthier people really angry because they expect all taxes to be regressive.

They don't like paying a tax that actually takes a real bite out of their income. Kind of like what poorer people do with every other tax that exists.
Agree but it is one of the only taxes that people don't really have a say in. Most others you can choose to pay or not.

Agree but it is one of the only taxes that people don't really have a say in. Most others you can choose to pay or not.

No no you can't.

I can't choose to not pay the gas tax if I want to go to work.

If I want to live my life inside of a shelter of some form I'm either paying property taxes in the form of rent or I'm paying them straight out. Either way I'm still paying them.

If I want to buy soap so I can take a shower and not smell bad when I show up to work I have to pay sales tax on it. I have to pay that on pretty much anything that I need that isn't food.

Taxes on utilities. Same thing. If I want my home to be heated and air conditioned, have electricity and hot water. I have to pay taxes on those.

There are a few taxes like excise taxes on alcohol and tobacco that you can 100% choose not to pay. But taxes on gas, property taxes, and sales taxes you have to pay them one way or another.

Keep in mind that wealthy people can save money which means they are the ones who have more ability to choose not to pay sales tax. That's why it's a regressive tax. Because a much larger portion of a poorer person's income is taken up by needs.

No no you can't.

I can't choose to not pay the gas tax if I want to go to work. I was told to just buy an electric car

If I want to live my life inside of a shelter of some form I'm either paying property taxes in the form of rent or I'm paying them straight out. Either way I'm still paying them. Go off the grid and downsize

If I want to buy soap so I can take a shower and not smell bad when I show up to work I have to pay sales tax on it. I have to pay that on pretty much anything that I need that isn't food. You get to choose what you buy and not buy

Taxes on utilities. Same thing. If I want my home to be heated and air conditioned, have electricity and hot water. I have to pay taxes on those. Go solar

There are a few taxes like excise taxes on alcohol and tobacco that you can 100% choose not to pay. But taxes on gas, property taxes, and sales taxes you have to pay them one way or another. Choose to get drunk or not

Keep in mind that wealthy people can save money which means they are the ones who have more ability to choose not to pay sales tax. That's why it's a regressive tax. Because a much larger portion of a poorer person's income is taken up by needs.
Now I'm not being 100% serious here...

No no you can't.

I can't choose to not pay the gas tax if I want to go to work.

If I want to live my life inside of a shelter of some form I'm either paying property taxes in the form of rent or I'm paying them straight out. Either way I'm still paying them.

If I want to buy soap so I can take a shower and not smell bad when I show up to work I have to pay sales tax on it. I have to pay that on pretty much anything that I need that isn't food.

Taxes on utilities. Same thing. If I want my home to be heated and air conditioned, have electricity and hot water. I have to pay taxes on those.

There are a few taxes like excise taxes on alcohol and tobacco that you can 100% choose not to pay. But taxes on gas, property taxes, and sales taxes you have to pay them one way or another.

Do you think this administration should let the Trump tax cuts expire even though it will negatively impact the low and middle class. Yes, the tax cuts were a big gift to the wealthy, but allowing them to expire will hurt the lower and middle class, especially with the high costs of food, gas, home energy, etc…,

Do you think this administration should let the Trump tax cuts expire even though it will negatively impact the low and middle class. Yes, the tax cuts were a big gift to the wealthy, but allowing them to expire will hurt the lower and middle class, especially with the high costs of food, gas, home energy, etc…,

I think they should keep the increased standard deduction, not only keep but increase the child tax credit. Get rid of the rest.

Most of what I call the middle class wouldn't see much change at all.

For the record I think if you are making more than 120k total and married you are outside the middle class.

McCarthy bad mouthed Dems after working with them to keep the government funded. Johnson realizes with BBC a split government, you have to work together and he has not dissed the Dems.
Well, let's not throw parades for him. He's kept the sham impeachment investigations going, and bent the knee with his spectacle promising to work against the criminal trials Trump is facing.

Well, let's not throw parades for him. He's kept the sham impeachment investigations going, and bent the knee with his spectacle promising to work against the criminal trials Trump is facing.
I was simply explaining why the Dems backed him in MTGs resolution

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT