ADVERTISEMENT

House GOPers are the dumbest group of people in government history.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
To get rid of McCarthy they invented a never-ending Speaker of House firing machine. Now, it seems with the creation of the Israel/ Ukraine aid bill, Speaker Johnson is pretty much guaranteed to face a "vacate challenge". Shit gibbon MTG has said if he brings it forward she will bring up a vacate challenge. And if he doesn't bring it, there are several warhawks in office who still care about our allies who will most certainly bring up a vacate challenge.

So fun to watch the self-annihilation of idiots.

To get rid of McCarthy they invented a never-ending Speaker of House firing machine. Now, it seems with the creation of the Israel/ Ukraine aid bill, Speaker Johnson is pretty much guaranteed to face a "vacate challenge". Shit gibbon MTG has said if he brings it forward she will bring up a vacate challenge. And if he doesn't bring it, there are several warhawks in office who still care about our allies who will most certainly bring up a vacate challenge.

They're not concerned with actually winning elections (as a party) and legislating.

Politically they're complete morons and the D's run circles around them. They never seem to have a unified "plan" or message. D's by contrast are much more disciplined in that regard.

Ds are always in lockstep.

In regards to the OP, I think most reasonable people are tired of throwing money at Ukraine. It's time for the Europeans to step up.

• Haha
Reactions: mnHawk8 and Flie
They're not concerned with actually winning elections (as a party) and legislating.

Politically they're complete morons and the D's run circles around them. They never seem to have a unified "plan" or message. D's by contrast are much more disciplined in that regard.

What’s bizarre is that it doesn’t seem all that long ago that Democrats were considered the more undisciplined party, more likely to break ranks.

I’m curious as to how these closed door conferences go. Do they ever come to consensus. Or do they yell at each other. And leadership gets tired and says well let’s see what happens.

Reactions: MitchLL
Until those who say they are Republicans vote these crappy people out of office nothing will change. You can't just keep voting for them and think the way things are going will reverse themselves. I used to vote more Republican than Democrat, but have rarely voted R for probably the past 15 years. The Republican ideals I was raised on is long gone. I still feel in the middle, but definitely left of things and each year I feel like I am further left. Weird thing is I don't think my positions have changed much, but rather the direction and leadership of the Republican party has veered hard right. That border bill wasn't perfect, but that was a win they should have taken. If they win office next cycle they would have been able to try to make it better. Instead they have nothing and look foolish/childish.

What’s bizarre is that it doesn’t seem all that long ago that Democrats were considered the more undisciplined party, more likely to break ranks.
Yep.

I think D's are developing fissures with their far left but nowhere near what the R's have.

It'll be interesting to see if Jeffries can keep them in line like Pelosi did if they take back the House by a slim majority in 2024.

I’m curious as to how these closed door conferences go. Do they ever come to consensus. Or do they yell at each other. And leadership gets tired and says well let’s see what happens.

It just seems incredible that we apparently have gop legislators who don’t care about actually passing anything.

If nothing else at some point you’d think some of the more veteran GOP congressmen win their would pull the idiots aside and tell them they can get part of what they want, none of what they want, but they’re not getting all of what they want.

Especially with the narrow majority they have.

From what I read the whole McCarthy thing was pretty damned contentious. 208? R's were pretty adamant about keeping him but the Gaetz 8 couldn't be budged...chaos agents. With the slim majority the 8 hold sway.

I'm pretty confident the R's lose the house and deservedly so....like I said in my previous post. It'll be interesting to see if Jeffries can control the "squad" and his far left...better hope for a bigger majority than the R's had.

The Israel stuff has left a mark with some of those folks.

It just seems incredible that we apparently have gop legislators who don’t care about actually passing anything.

If nothing else at some point you’d think some of the more veteran GOP congressmen win their would pull the idiots aside and tell them they can get part of what they want, none of what they want, but they’re not getting all of what they want.

Especially with the narrow majority they have.
They don’t care. The social influencer wing is there to make noise. Go on Fox, OAN, X, whatever and create a brand. Accomplishing anything is actually counterproductive.

I'm not having much fun watching our government mutilate itself and cede world leadership because of this shitshow. But they are getting what they deserve.

From what I read the whole McCarthy thing was pretty damned contentious. 208? R's were pretty adamant about keeping him but the Gaetz 8 couldn't be budged...chaos agents. With the slim majority the 8 hold sway.

I'm pretty confident the R's lose the house and deservedly so....like I said in my previous post. It'll be interesting to see if Jeffries can control the "squad" and his far left...better hope for a bigger majority than the R's had.

The Israel stuff has left a mark with some of those folks.
They don’t have the money to hold a majority. Thanks to cutting MCCarthy

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
It all adds up. Your attitude on this is emblematic of a larger problem.
Your attitude of allowing this circus freak show of a Republican Party to continue is the bigger problem. Conservatism deserves better than the embarrassment the Republican voters have chose to represent them in Washington. From Trump, Ron Johnson, and the other freaks in the House. Take a good long look in the mirror.

It’s adorbs that cons say we can’t afford Ukraine because of massive debt when they didn’t say shit as we racked up 25% of all US debt in just four years under TFG.

We either pay for Ukraine now or pay much much more later when China and Russia and others see that they can get the cons to back down for a few political donations.

This is what happens when you wholesale give up your principles and pledge loyalty to a maniac that changes his mind on the issues 5 times before breakfast. They forget what they stand for so there's nothing to be unified behind except said maniac.

It’s adorbs that cons say we can’t afford Ukraine because of massive debt when they didn’t say shit as we racked up 25% of all US debt in just four years under TFG.

We either pay for Ukraine now or pay much much more later when China and Russia and others see that they can get the cons to back down for a few political donations.
This is how I view this as well. The price we are paying now is very small and none of our soldiers are involved. That's a win-win. Add in that Russia is struggling is another win. Toss in that China sees this playing out and they have to feel uneasy about trying to do anything aggressive.

On the other hand, if you leave Ukraine high and dry... Russia will take over which emboldens them and creates unease in Europe. China can feel more emboldened to make a move without much consequence. And, then we either sit back and do nothing which only further emboldens them or we spend a hell of a lot more and put American soldier lives on the line in doing so.

This is how I view this as well. The price we are paying now is very small and none of our soldiers are involved. That's a win-win. Add in that Russia is struggling is another win. Toss in that China sees this playing out and they have to feel uneasy about trying to do anything aggressive.

On the other hand, if you leave Ukraine high and dry... Russia will take over which emboldens them and creates unease in Europe. China can feel more emboldened to make a move without much consequence. And, then we either sit back and do nothing which only further emboldens them or we spend a hell of a lot more and put American soldier lives on the line in doing so.
You’re right, but I don’t believe any of the MAGAs give given this any significant thought. It’s enough that Trump opposes it. That’s it.

Reactions: mattymoknows

Ukraine has been passed around for years.

It all adds up. Your attitude on this is emblematic of a larger problem.

If we hang the Ukrainians out to dry we will live to regret it immensely. This conflict is at a tipping point with so much blood she'd by both sides. Russia will win and not stop at Ukraine and then we will be in for trillions, not billions.
We must do this, America!

Agreed. Northern, you’re nuts if you think I WANT to spend that money for Ukraine…it’s that I think it’s NECESSARY for our best interests.

Not only in regards to Russia, but I guarantee China is watching that as well to gauge if/when to press on Taiwan again, as well as how hard to do so.

Pulling support for Ukraine solely due to financial cost is a very narrow minded view imo. There’s more at stake.

Americans are the MOST generous people on planet Earth with money and goods. Don't see why we need to send billions of tax dollars that aren't tracked well if at all to what was considered one of the most corrupt countries. If they need humanitarian aid... get the band back together and do a live-aid for Ukraine.. have drop donation locations for the stuff they need.

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4
Americans are the MOST generous people on planet Earth with money and goods. Don't see why we need to send billions of tax dollars that aren't tracked well if at all to what was considered one of the most corrupt countries. If they need humanitarian aid... get the band back together and do a live-aid for Ukraine.. have drop donation locations for the stuff they need.
Nobody believes MAGA’s objections to Ukraine aid are really about the cost. Nice try though.

Ukraine has been passed around for years.
Ukraine has been controlled by Russia almost exclusively for hundreds of year. They gained their independence along with many other former soviet block countries, but Putin wants some back due to their resources. You can roll over and let him have it and see what he wants next or you can supply Ukraine to see if they can defend themselves. Very easy decision.

Want to know if Brandon is a vegetable with dementia and just down right terrible. What does that make the GOP legislators that keep getting thumped by him.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT