ADVERTISEMENT

House GOPers are the dumbest group of people in government history.

Ukraine has been passed around for years.
It’s a young country still trying to find itself. After they dumped their pro-Russian leader ten years ago, they started taking baby steps towards being a westernized country. There’s bound to be hiccups here and there but our support is a long-term investment against dictators trying to impose their will on pro-democratic countries.

Ukraine has been controlled by Russia almost exclusively for hundreds of year. They gained their independence along with many other former soviet block countries, but Putin wants some back due to their resources. You can roll over and let him have it and see what he wants next or you can supply Ukraine to see if they can defend themselves. Very easy decision.

Very easy decision indeed.

We are in massive debt.

You're free to donate. You're free to fight.
They don't REALLY want to help, they just want to virtue signal from the comfort of their home and say see we voted for the people who forked over all the money so we did a good thing.

It’s a young country still trying to find itself. After they dumped their pro-Russian leader ten years ago,

You mean the coup of an elected government that had the Obama Administration's prints all over it?

I'm no fan of Russia but you people need to be honest about how we all arrived here.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
They don't REALLY want to help, they just want to virtue signal from the comfort of their home and say see we voted for the people who forked over all the money so we did a good thing.
Not me. I’m pragmatically about this. Don’t want Putin in control of the agriculture resources of Ukraine. Long term it does nothing but fuel his ambitions to want more. And it also upsets the markets. To me this is economics. Which all wars are truly about.

as opposed to the people who virtue signal about the debt, but then never say sh*t when one of the guys they like is in office (and responsible for signing off on just as much, if not most of that spending/debt, depending on how you measure it)

It just seems incredible that we apparently have gop legislators who don’t care about actually passing anything.

If nothing else at some point you’d think some of the more veteran GOP congressmen win their would pull the idiots aside and tell them they can get part of what they want, none of what they want, but they’re not getting all of what they want.

Especially with the narrow majority they have.
The Gaetz 8 aren't worried about that stuff.

If Gaetz ever gets sanctioned by the ethics committee he won't have many allies on the R side...burned those bridges. He's despised.

It’s a young country still trying to find itself. After they dumped their pro-Russian leader ten years ago, they started taking baby steps towards being a westernized country. There’s bound to be hiccups here and there but our support is a long-term investment against dictators trying to impose their will on pro-democratic countries.

Not to mention the added stability of our NATO partners in Europe.

Until those who say they are Republicans vote these crappy people out of office nothing will change. You can't just keep voting for them and think the way things are going will reverse themselves. I used to vote more Republican than Democrat, but have rarely voted R for probably the past 15 years. The Republican ideals I was raised on is long gone. I still feel in the middle, but definitely left of things and each year I feel like I am further left. Weird thing is I don't think my positions have changed much, but rather the direction and leadership of the Republican party has veered hard right. That border bill wasn't perfect, but that was a win they should have taken. If they win office next cycle they would have been able to try to make it better. Instead they have nothing and look foolish/childish.
The real issue is party purity. The supposed true conservatives. Drove out the Jim Leach moderate types. The ones who were consensus building work horses. And replaced them with a bunch of inflexible unserious morons.

The Gaetz 8 aren't worried about that stuff.

If Gaetz ever gets sanctioned by the ethics committee he won't have many allies on the R side...burned those bridges. He's despised.
Showing nudes on the House floor of his sexual conquests should be enough to send him packing honestly. If the House GOP had any clue they’d realize. The carrot doesn’t work. Time for the stick.

I'm no fan of Russia but you people need to be honest about how we all arrived here.
what-do-you-mean-you-people.gif

Until those who say they are Republicans vote these crappy people out of office nothing will change. You can't just keep voting for them and think the way things are going will reverse themselves. I used to vote more Republican than Democrat, but have rarely voted R for probably the past 15 years. The Republican ideals I was raised on is long gone. I still feel in the middle, but definitely left of things and each year I feel like I am further left. Weird thing is I don't think my positions have changed much, but rather the direction and leadership of the Republican party has veered hard right. That border bill wasn't perfect, but that was a win they should have taken. If they win office next cycle they would have been able to try to make it better. Instead they have nothing and look foolish/childish.
November won't be kind to Republicans.

I expect them to lose 10-15 seats.

November won't be kind to Republicans.

I expect them to lose 10-15 seats.
Could be the case, which I'm good with at this point. However, I'm speaking to Republicans as a group. Most say they aren't far right and don't agree with those crazy crap and they aren't MAGA, election wasn't stolen, 1/6 was wrong, etc. However, they stay silent most of the time the crazies speak or try to rationalize it... and end up voting to keep these folks around. This causes even more moderates Republicans to leave or start veering right. It's just so messy.

Could be the case, which I'm good with at this point. However, I'm speaking to Republicans as a group. Most say they aren't far right and don't agree with those crazy crap and they aren't MAGA, election wasn't stolen, 1/6 was wrong, etc. However, they stay silent most of the time the crazies speak or try to rationalize it... and end up voting to keep these folks around. This causes even more moderates Republicans to leave or start veering right. It's just so messy.

The banality of evil is real. We'll have to wait and see if America can resist the siren song of the strongman.

Honestly those folks are worse than the crazies. They know it’s fubar. Yet, they continue to essentially be willing accomplices.

They're not concerned with actually winning elections (as a party) and legislating.

Politically they're complete morons and the D's run circles around them. They never seem to have a unified "plan" or message. D's by contrast are much more disciplined in that regard.
They are throwing all their eggs into a power grab attempt basket this coming November when der Fuhrer and many of his flying monkeys lose the rigged election…at this point they are just riling up their die hard base to storm the capitol again…

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Reactions: MitchLL
Not me. I’m pragmatically about this. Don’t want Putin in control of the agriculture resources of Ukraine. Long term it does nothing but fuel his ambitions to want more. And it also upsets the markets. To me this is economics. Which all wars are truly about.
Then grab a gun and stand a post.

• Haha
Reactions: tumorboy
as opposed to the people who virtue signal about the debt, but then never say sh*t when one of the guys they like is in office (and responsible for signing off on just as much, if not most of that spending/debt, depending on how you measure it)
This is why people who want to, shouldn't vote for Trump until he answers for his spending and trying to call himself conservative.

This is why people who want to, shouldn't vote for Trump until he answers for his spending and trying to call himself conservative.

this Is not a Trump thing. When was the last time the gop actually took action on spending when they held the reigns?

It sounds more like a few of you from both parties believe at the bottom of your heart that we’re arguing over two old men who need to be permanently excused from leadership of our country.
And the OP is from a district represented by a damn fool. You have my sympathy.
The truth is that many of these people are elected by voters who are angry all the time by things that don’t affect the majority or aren’t great for the rest of us.

It sounds more like a few of you from both parties believe at the bottom of your heart that we’re arguing over two old men who need to be permanently excused from leadership of our country.
And the OP is from a district represented by a damn fool. You have my sympathy.
The truth is that many of these people are elected by voters who are angry all the time by things that don’t affect the majority or aren’t great for the rest of us.
This is how dictators come to power.

Santo seat is up for grabs today in NY, Hope this is the 1st of many dem wins, in NY tonight.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you wholesale give up your principles and pledge loyalty to a maniac that changes his mind on the issues 5 times before breakfast. They forget what they stand for so there's nothing to be unified behind except said maniac.

I think this is the biggest thing. What are they for?

The Pre-Trump Republican party was basically a partnership between the money people and the rural culture people. The money people want reduced taxes and less regulation, to get that, they needed a larger base, so they'd play to the social conservatives, the god, guns, gays, etc.

Since the Trump takeover, it's basically as you have described. Angry, ignorant, weird? Sure. But what are they for? I suppose you could check their recent party platform? Yeah, it's Trump.

Dumb? Yes, a fair number of members of the House. But it appears that most of the GOP learned their lesson of what happens when the dog catches the car when they overturned Roe and not longer have that contentious issue to run on or raise money.

Ds are always in lockstep.

In regards to the OP, I think most reasonable people are tired of throwing money at Ukraine. It's time for the Europeans to step up.
As usual, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Sigh.

Europe is giving at a far higher rate than the US.

LOL at rates. Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania top your list.

I care more about dollars.

But but. He’s well read amongst a diverse variety of sources. Yes, he maybe well read but that doesn’t mean it’s well comprehended.

LOL at rates. Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania top your list.

I care more about dollars.
That is a stunningly ignorant way to look at it.

Ever heard the phrase you can’t get blood out of a turnip?

As a whole, the EU countries are donating vastly more of their GDP to assist Ukraine than the U.S. They literally have more at stake and more skin in the game - which they should.

To imply they don’t is dishonest and dumb.

It’s adorbs that cons say we can’t afford Ukraine because of massive debt when they didn’t say shit as we racked up 25% of all US debt in just four years under TFG.

We either pay for Ukraine now or pay much much more later when China and Russia and others see that they can get the cons to back down for a few political donations.
Debt and the border are only an urgency when the president is a dem.

I think this is the biggest thing. What are they for?

The Pre-Trump Republican party was basically a partnership between the money people and the rural culture people. The money people want reduced taxes and less regulation, to get that, they needed a larger base, so they'd play to the social conservatives, the god, guns, gays, etc.

Since the Trump takeover, it's basically as you have described. Angry, ignorant, weird? Sure. But what are they for? I suppose you could check their recent party platform? Yeah, it's Trump.
They're FOR one thing: taking the easiest path to re-election and whatever stances come with it, that week. That's what they all learned from Trump. Your principles do not matter. Just say what the people who elect you want you to say and get elected. Then rob the country blind and hope you build up enough capital until you get caught (like Menendez).

It just seems incredible that we apparently have gop legislators who don’t care about actually passing anything.

If nothing else at some point you’d think some of the more veteran GOP congressmen win their would pull the idiots aside and tell them they can get part of what they want, none of what they want, but they’re not getting all of what they want.

Especially with the narrow majority they have.
They have learned that they can raise more money by doing nothing but screaming about liberals. That's what their voters want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT