ADVERTISEMENT

My heart bleeds for Steve Alford after blowing that 17 point 2nd half lead.

Nevada led Dayton 56-39 with 7:36 remaining.

Dayton then outscored Nevada 24-4 to win 63-60.

usa_today_10543180.0.jpg
Steve’s hair is out of place.He’s changed.😂

Wow his record was that bad? I guess I remember that differently. I remember him turning them around, even though though their best seasons were under Davis' kid. I'd have lost money on that bet...
He had 1 season over .500 (17-15) and best conference record was 7-11. I had to look this up because when I saw “ loved what he did at Drake” I kinda thought I was the one who was misremembering his mediocrity there.

Reactions: NI hawk
No kidding, I didnt even know if alford was coaching anywhere. He just isnt a big game coach. He had two really good Big 10 tourney runs with the hawks and that was about it.
Do not like Alford or Fran:
Alford = 4 Sweet 16's.
Fran = 0

Iowa can and should try to do better. Iowa is one of the few Universities that would put up with 14 seasons of mediocrity. Please, try someone else.. Fran has had his time.

Do not like Alford or Fran:
Alford = 4 Sweet 16's.
Fran = 0

Iowa can and should try to do better. Iowa is one of the few Universities that would put up with 14 seasons of mediocrity. Please, try someone else.. Fran has had his time.
To be fair, three of those were at UCLA where he was always gonna have better talent at his disposal. Still, at least he got them there. Fran had pretty good talent in the 2021 and 2022 tournaments, and did squat with it.

Don't get me wrong....I was not an Alford fan. In fact, I was hoping he was leaving for Missouri the year before he left for New Mexico when it looked like that was happening.

But I guarantee you and every other fan would have overlooked Alford's narcissism if he had led the Hawks to the Final Four.
Unpossible

Reactions: 83Hawk
To be fair, three of those were at UCLA where he was always gonna have better talent at his disposal. Still, at least he got them there. Fran had pretty good talent in the 2021 and 2022 tournaments, and did squat with it.
UCLA is 16-17 this season.

Wow, just wow. I see he hasn't changed... Throwing his players under the bus, indirectly referencing the IA - NW St loss, "March Situation".

And what was that comment about his Interpreter embezzling money from him?

Bizzare comments all the way around...
Hey sky...that's not real...it's A.I. 🤓

Wow his record was that bad? I guess I remember that differently. I remember him turning them around, even though though their best seasons were under Davis' kid. I'd have lost money on that bet...

He did turn them around and set up Keno for a nice run & payday. I don’t think Keno is even coaching anymore.

He did turn them around and set up Keno for a nice run & payday. I don’t think Keno is even coaching anymore.
He left Central Michigan in 2021 and coached a semi pro team in Michigan for a year. Not sure what he’s doing now but he’s not coaching anymore.

He should have never left Drake. Sure he got a nice payday at Providence but Drake was set up for him to succeed. He didn’t have much success at Providence or Central Michigan.

I still can’t believe how many Iowa fans wanted him as their HC.

He left Central Michigan in 2021 and coached a semi pro team in Michigan for a year. Not sure what he’s doing now but he’s not coaching anymore.

He should have never left Drake. Sure he got a nice payday at Providence but Drake was set up for him to succeed. He didn’t have much success at Providence or Central Michigan.

I still can’t believe how many Iowa fans wanted him as their HC.
A lot of the numbskulls that wanted Keno probably also later wanted Brian to take over for Kirk.

I do know several posters thought hiring Keno would help "make up" for letting Dr. Tom go.

Reactions: QuadCityHawkeye1976
Don't get me wrong....I was not an Alford fan. In fact, I was hoping he was leaving for Missouri the year before he left for New Mexico when it looked like that was happening.

But I guarantee you and every other fan would have overlooked Alford's narcissism if he had led the Hawks to the Final Four.
If the final four occurred under his coaching and he was remotely close to being a decent human being would they overlook the PP stuff?
But we will never know as decent human being is out of his reach

Alford had a lot of guys transfer out. His Iowa teams gave up a lot of open three pointers and would often have long scoring droughts. He wasn’t a very good coach and it’s shown with his early exits in the NCAA. He’s a mid major coach and that’s his ceiling. Decent recruiter but not a great coach. He has a lot of coaching wins but his teams fold more times than not on the big stage.

Not even getting into his character. His coaching is average at best.

I think this is what has actors worried; with AI technology, you can create the real looking actors, the real looking sets, and have the "AI" actors say their lines. Think of how cheap it could be to produce a movie with everything "AI."
Actors, Schmactors…this is what should concern everyone! Bullshit and lies become more “believable”…and it will be argued that it is all “freedom of speech”…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT