ADVERTISEMENT

My Man Fran!

Fran doesn't like a lot of BS and he doesn't take it. I have no problem whatsoever with his actions.

Don't take this the wrong way, because I think you're a great poster and a great Hawkeye fan. I'm just surprised. I figured you'd be more in the camp of "wish he hadn't done that", which is firmly where I stand.

We're going to be talked about now for the wrong reasons, and people who didn't watch the game and will never read about North Dakota's "history of incidents" will form opinions or worse yet, reinforce opinions, about our coach / program.

But that is just my opinion, and we all have one. Go Hawks!

Anytime you start with don't take this the wrong way and then call out another poster for his opinion,
Is as bush league as the ND punk's play last night.

Reactions: eyeohuh
Anytime you start with don't take this the wrong way and then call out another poster for his opinion,
Is as bush league as the ND punk's play last night.
I think it was a respectful way to discuss an issue. And criticizing people for their opinions does nothing but inhibit the exchange of ideas. I found it to be courteous.

Hey, you can take this any way you want. I don't care about you.

(shakes hands, walks away)
I think some of you are going to be shocked about how many Iowa fans side with their Coach in this instance.

And I'll say this, when it goes around the "national scene", the more people that don't like it, the better I'll like it. Why? Because most of them are soft, and that's not what I want in my Coach or my Players.

I'll take Fran, you can have Lickliter. I remember.

Reactions: EZ2BJZ
Hey, you can take this any way you want. I don't care about you.

(shakes hands, walks away)
Apparently you do.
Just like you said it's a opinion and we all have one.
What you really meant it's okay as long the opinion agrees with mine.

Reactions: 24 so far
I think some of you are going to be shocked about how many Iowa fans side with their Coach in this instance.

And I'll say this, when it goes around the "national scene", the more people that don't like it, the better I'll like it. Why? Because most of them are soft, and that's not what I want in my Coach or my Players.

I'll take Fran, you can have Lickliter. I remember.

Exactly. Todd Lickliter may have been the most insipid coach in the history of sports.

Now we have a coach with fire and passion. You take the good with the bad. (It's not like we are talking about Bobby Knight here)

Oh, and in less than a week, no one in America will be talking about this or even care. So the whole "our reputation" concern is a ludicrous argument. No one is going to care or remember. If it means we've severed ties with North Dakota for future games, ah, shucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT