ADVERTISEMENT

My predictions for Iowa at Penn State

Nov 20, 2019
I’m a novice and don’t have a lot of in depth understanding but I’ll give it a go.

125 in the upset of the ages Steen sticks Lee in the last few seconds and pins him. There were 27 seconds left and Steen gets a bloody nose. Bartlett says holy shit , you’re beating Lee.
Sanderson say shut up Kootch and says some inspirational stuff that involves sticking him while the fry cook and hot Italian watch .
Sorry I fell asleep last night watching that movie. Lee smokes Steen in 10-60 seconds.
133, the PSU guy wins.
141, Woods is better but Bartlett has a shot.
149-165, I honestly confuse them but figure these are probably toss ups. Though being biased I’d say psu🤷‍♂️
174 Starocci over Brands. I’d pick the Italian name since he’s won stuff.
184 Same with Brook.
197 Dean over Warner , same reason.
HW Well it gets tough here since the top three look like Big Ten wrestlers that might wrestle each other 3x , maybe, this season .
So I’m using the scientific method of picking the winner by his name. Parris has less letters than Kerklivet and he won last night. Also Parris is a place , so that might have something to do with it other than evenly matched wrestlers .
So I’m guessing Kerklivet over Cassioppi , though they both have 9 letters in their last names Kerk the jerk makes my snicker more than Cass the ass.
Final score? Do you think I can actually add after reading this?
I hope you fellows who travel to the match have a great trip and enjoy yourselves. Eat prior to getting to the venue. Over priced crap is being kind of you’re talking about food at the venue. If the weather is decent park downtown and eat something better and take a brisk walk to the venue.

125: Lee FALL Steen
133: Bravo Young MDEC Teske/Schriever
141: Woods DEC Bartlett
149: Murin DEC Van Ness
157: Haines DEC Siebrecht
165: Kennedy DEC Facundo
174: Starocci DEC Brands
184: Brooks DEC Assad
197: Dean DEC Warner
HW: Cassioppi DEC Kerkvleit

Iowa wins 18-16.

Obviously could see flips at 149-165 and HW. Less likely but possible flips at 141 and 197. Lots of moving parts.

I will take that Vak!!!! Most worried about Warner against Dean. If his knee is hurting? He has to stay off bottom and out of that Bow&arrow. That SOB will try and hurt him with that crap. He grabs toes twisting guys foot, not sure why no illegal calls? Warner better be ready! Get to a sit position and fight from there might be best bet?

I will take that Vak!!!! Most worried about Warner against Dean. If his knee is hurting? He has to stay off bottom and out of that Bow&arrow. That SOB will try and hurt him with that crap. He grabs toes twisting guys foot, not sure why no illegal calls? Warner better be ready! Get to a sit position and fight from there might be best bet?
But what would Louden Swain do?

Reactions: Mendoza77
Can we wrestle Wisconsin before we start completely turning out attention to PSU. Psu week is always a shit show on this board. New Iowa fans show up snd blast the team, psu fans come over and j their d while be smug pos. I just want one more day before the chaos starts!
Makes sense but in my defense I thought Iowa was psi’s next opponent, forgetting about MSU on my end.

I’m a novice and don’t have a lot of in depth understanding but I’ll give it a go.

125 in the upset of the ages Steen sticks Lee in the last few seconds and pins him. There were 27 seconds left and Steen gets a bloody nose. Bartlett says holy shit , you’re beating Lee.
Sanderson say shut up Kootch and says some inspirational stuff that involves sticking him while the fry cook and hot Italian watch .
Sorry I fell asleep last night watching that movie. Lee smokes Steen in 10-60 seconds.
133, the PSU guy wins.
141, Woods is better but Bartlett has a shot.
149-165, I honestly confuse them but figure these are probably toss ups. Though being biased I’d say psu🤷‍♂️
174 Starocci over Brands. I’d pick the Italian name since he’s won stuff.
184 Same with Brook.
197 Dean over Warner , same reason.
HW Well it gets tough here since the top three look like Big Ten wrestlers that might wrestle each other 3x , maybe, this season .
So I’m using the scientific method of picking the winner by his name. Parris has less letters than Kerklivet and he won last night. Also Parris is a place , so that might have something to do with it other than evenly matched wrestlers .
So I’m guessing Kerklivet over Cassioppi , though they both have 9 letters in their last names Kerk the jerk makes my snicker more than Cass the ass.
Final score? Do you think I can actually add after reading this?
I hope you fellows who travel to the match have a great trip and enjoy yourselves. Eat prior to getting to the venue. Over priced crap is being kind of you’re talking about food at the venue. If the weather is decent park downtown and eat something better and take a brisk walk to the venue.
Dude, you have to lay off the sauce!

Iowa wins 18-16.

Obviously could see flips at 149-165 and HW. Less likely but possible flips at 141 and 197. Lots of moving parts.
That’s reasonable. If I’m trying to be serious I’d give Starocci a major or even a pin. He’s operating at a pretty high level right now. That makes it 18-17 or 18, Brooks as a major, and PSU wins another at the 149–165.
But yeah overall.

Close, maybe the Bourbon. Just busting your chops
Yeah , I was trying to wake up this am. I’ll ask you this , to me the match appears to move faster in person than watching on tv, do you see it that way or is it just me?
I’ve only seen two psu matches since college, both in the last two years. I found out my cousin gets tickets so I probably can see 1-2 a year from here on.
Rec hall makes getting a seat tough and honestly I’ll be sixty this year and I just don’t like driving two hours home at night. I was hoping for Iowa tickets but no dice. I think I could grab a single next week, but then there’s the drive thing.
I can’t justify paying and arm and a leg for a hotel when I can spend it on quality bourbon or gun stuff. 🤷‍♂️

Iowa wins 18-16.

Teske has to keep it to a decision.

RBY wasn't exactly blowing the doors off Ragusin last night. He hung out alot on top doing nothing. Ragusin is a tough kid but so is Teske. Hope he can pull it off.

Another thing that can help or hurt Teske is Big Bro syndrome since he and RBY probably got after it a lot in the room.
In my experience the one that transfers has the edge and chip on his shoulder that should negate any possible big brother syndrome(which is more a high school thing following them into college).

Now, that doesn’t mean that RBY isn’t flat out better and he SHOULd win fairly easy. But, that should be 99.99% of it before any several years ago room thing is a factor…

very likely it appears that way, I like both. Watching the TV and recording it is great because you always rewind if you missed something, but there is nothing like watching these big time matches and tournaments live.
I did record it btw and like the commentary and analysis. My buddy wrestled in college and is that rational fan. He knows the rules and calls it as he sees it. He for example thought the Michigan guy got the takedown prior to the psu wrestler. Forget which match, but the referees upheld Michigan’s challenge .
Watching with him is a joy because he points things out and I see things developing. I knew Starocci was going to pin his opponent for example just by the setup earlier than most in the arena .
One reason I’ll lurk and interact here. I like bwi but they discuss things a little fit for example , maybe assuming more knowledge by some than they actually have.

Reactions: Grip220
I did record it btw and like the commentary and analysis. My buddy wrestled in college and is that rational fan. He knows the rules and calls it as he sees it. He for example thought the Michigan guy got the takedown prior to the psu wrestler. Forget which match, but the referees upheld Michigan’s challenge .
Watching with him is a joy because he points things out and I see things developing. I knew Starocci was going to pin his opponent for example just by the setup earlier than most in the arena .
One reason I’ll lurk and interact here. I like bwi but they discuss things a little fit for example , maybe assuming more knowledge by some than they actually have.
exactly

I meant a little different and I’m not necessarily saying certain posters know more than they think ( but that can be true of all of us ) but maybe a relatively new fan might not grasp nuances.
Watching with a guy who wrestled was great because he can explain things as they unfold.
He was disappointed the RBY wasn’t more aggressive and didn’t score as much , he suggested it could be an off night or complacency due to two weeks off. Maybe Che was using the match to work on certain things ? Maybe his opponent just matches up well with him enough to lose closely?
He’d bring up things I might not think about.
Either way I’m looking for a good match on Friday and hope psu wins big. If they do I’ll be quiet, if they lose I’ll congratulate you fellows.

In my experience the one that transfers has the edge and chip on his shoulder that should negate any possible big brother syndrome(which is more a high school thing following them into college).

Now, that doesn’t mean that RBY isn’t flat out better and he SHOULd win fairly easy. But, that should be 99.99% of it before any several years ago room thing is a factor…
Good point, however, most here would think it’s 83%. To each their own.

that turd you send out at 25
Gary Steen wrestles 125 for Penn State. He won two state championships in Pennsylvania along with titles at Powerade and Ironman. He’s an undersized 125 lber. I don’t know him personally, but haven’t read anything negative about him. I don’t have any reason to believe him to be a “turd” and am guessing you don’t either.

Gary Steen wrestles 125 for Penn State. He won two state championships in Pennsylvania along with titles at Powerade and Ironman. He’s an undersized 125 lber. I don’t know him personally, but haven’t read anything negative about him. I don’t have any reason to believe him to be a “turd” and am guessing you don’t either.
Did Steen win a title as a Senior, because Lee did not even win the state tourney his senior year. This match could be closer than we all think. :) Wrestlestat may even give the edge to Steen based on that alone.

Did Steen win a title as a Senior, because Lee did not even win the state tourney his senior year. This match could be closer than we all think. :) Wrestlestat may even give the edge to Steen based on that alone.
No.

And I don’t give him any chance to beat Lee. I’ll frankly be shocked if he gets through the first period.

And I’m sure the OP didn’t literally mean he’s a “turd”. But it warranted a response.

I honestly have no idea how this will go. Could be ugly for the Hawks and we could as many as 7. If it was at Carver I would feel a lot better about our chances to go 5 to 5 and win with Spencer’s fall. Worse case scenario we win 1 match best case scenario we win 7 matches. I am hopping we win 5 and that’s a very realistic. Can’t give up bonus pts at 174&184.

More than sauce involved with that prediction!! :)
Nah, I’m just kind of a smart ass at times. There was a visitor over on bwi by the name RutgersAl. He was hilarious in his over the top Rutgers picks and analysis .
I’d be shocked if Steen only was majored, however he did beat the number 24 guy a few minutes ( MSU/PSU). 3-1 in sudden victory.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
125 - Lee TF, 5-0
133 - RBY MD, 5-4
141 - Woods D, 8-4
149 - Van Ness D, 8-7
157 - Siebrecht D, 11-7
165 - Kennedy D, 14-7

174 - Starr MD, 14-11
184 - Brooks D, 14-14
197 - Dean D, 14-17
HWT - Kerk D, 14-21

I'm going 21-14 PSU. At worst I could see it ending 27-8 PSU, if the stars align I could see it ending 20-14 Iowa, based on outcomes of the bolded matches.

125 - Lee TF, 5-0
133 - RBY MD, 5-4
141 - Woods D, 8-4
149 - Van Ness D, 8-7
157 - Siebrecht D, 11-7
165 - Kennedy D, 14-7

174 - Starr MD, 14-11
184 - Brooks D, 14-14
197 - Dean D, 14-17
HWT - Kerk D, 14-21

I'm going 21-14 PSU. At worst I could see it ending 27-8 PSU, if the stars align I could see it ending 20-14 Iowa, based on outcomes of the bolded matches.
Agreed

Our “turd” at 125 just knocked off a ranked wrestler. 3-1 over Lujan.
Cool, what’s that his 2nd or 3rd win of the year? Lujan must’ve been sick like half your fans are saying about Kerk the other night. 🤷

125 - Lee TF, 5-0
133 - RBY MD, 5-4
141 - Woods D, 8-4
149 - Van Ness D, 8-7
157 - Siebrecht D, 11-7
165 - Kennedy D, 14-7

174 - Starr MD, 14-11
184 - Brooks D, 14-14
197 - Dean D, 14-17
HWT - Kerk D, 14-21

Siebrect over Haines? Interesting to see how that one plays out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT