ADVERTISEMENT

My predictions for Iowa at Penn State

You guys were the ones saying Spencer would take 133 if he wanted. This is his chance. Deep water at 33 especially after the iowa-penn st dual.
Makes as much sense as RBY bumping up to take on Real. Has he commented on that?

Reactions: el dub
33 for the rest of the year
With Ayala at 125….

hand to mouth wtf GIF by Big Brother Canada

Ayala might be smoking the 133’s in the room. SL bumps to make room where both can make noise in March. SL gets a test run on Friday.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
Your updated version did make wonder whether there has ever been a case of a wrestler actually wrestling 2 weights in a dual. Is it even legal if somebody wanted to do it?
Probably not allowed. There might be a minimum weight and making the 125 limit means you’re to light for 133.

125: Lee has pinned most of the top five and is on fire. PSU will be “don’t get pinned at any cost. I see Lee with the fall. 6-0

133: for our boy to win…be the match of his life and RBY has to make mistakes he does not
Normally make. I do think we hold to dec. 6-3

141: Woods has had some head stretcher moments but has delivered the W. I see him winning and dare to dream major but….9-3

149: Tough match up. I don’t see riding time in this but Max will die to win this. I think he does. 12-3

157: Does PSU put the shirt for what really amounts to just this dual. They don’t need to but who knows. Have to project the regular guy. (Unless I have missed something in my travels which is possible so…please grace). This is a toss up. If so….I like our chances even given PSU tends to win the toss ups. Just for the sake of accounting for crazy…12-6

165: Very even match. Kennedy won in high school but that has zero to do. However….he is steady Eddie. I like him here. 15-6

175: Carter is just too good. He is not a bonus mechine like days past for PSU but more than capable. Brands, if memory serves, has only been majored 1 maybe 2 times in college?!? 15-9

184: Yup. Abe wet the bed last week. Brooks has very few vulnerabilities and is just plain better. Can Able hold off the major? Not sure. 15-13

197: Both have head scratching losses. Jacob is a March guy. History favors Dean and I made to go with that. While it may be unpopular, I would rather Warner lose now and at big 10 to set up a great close. Either way…I see Dean in a close one. 15-16

Comes down to Cass. Beating against him is stupid in this situation. He has the edge historically but did drop the exhibition. Kirk dropped to Paris. Pick ‘em.

There is a realistic path to Iowa winning 18-16.
There is also a very realistic path to PSU 21-12.

Will we have the full line up?
Is Warner and brands healthy?
Does PSU pull the shirt?

This is what sport is about. The possibilities.
At NCAA’s, PSU has a solid edge. 4 returning champs and 3 are a real solid bet.
Be honest…PSU has holes of their own and is not the bonus lock they were.
Iowa has 1 solid champ and 2 that are legitimate finalist not including Warner. Totally different deal than a dual.

Personally, as a life long hawk fan and also pragmatic, I see a 4 match to 6 win for PSU.
But as I laid out…if at full power and both teams at their best….it really is a pick ‘em.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT