ADVERTISEMENT

My predictions for the season ...

GunnerHawk

HB All-American
Mar 16, 2014
after watching kids day in person and hearing what the BIG Network had to say.

- Defense looks really good and there is depth.

- Special teams look solid. Dakin is the real deal. As Howard said, "If you win at least two elements of the game, you willbe successful). Will be interested to see how Dakin performs under pressure.

- Ostrenga will see the field a lot. He can block and catch. I think he and Lachey will be an excellent 1-2 punch.

- I saw a little motion from the offense but the coaches didn't show much in the open practice.

- OL looked bigger and quicker. Practicing against our D-line can't hurt. I still think quicker Defensive ends will give our tackles fits.

- QB looked unsettled but there were a few glimpses. Cade hesitated several times, still looked a bit rusty. A positive was seeing his mobility and ability to run after his surgery last year. Sullivan is still learning the system but has a quick release.

RB room looks solid, Johnson looks quicker to the hole. Mouton has excellent vision and can shift on a dime. Running game should be solid if other defenses respect our ability to pass just a little. Too often under Brian they loaded the box.

And now for the elephant in the room - Iowa's wide receivers. I didn't see them get much seperation, but most of the plays called were out patterns. I think Gill will be prductive and VanderZee looks fluid and athletic. Against our secondary many WR's will have trouble.

I am really optimistic for a solid year. Keys are staying healthy, big bugaboo last year. I think OL and QB will be key to an improved offense. Should be better than last year. Running backs and TE play should help sustain drives. Brown's continued imptovement, the addition of Gill and Washington should help with big play potential. Don't sleep on VanderZee, with his height, speed and ability to high point the football - he could surprise. Didn't see enough of Buie to make a judgement.

I can't wait until they lace them up.

Go Hawks!

Edit: Predicting 9-3. I think UCLA Friday night game at there place will be really tough. Short weeek to prepare and the travel. I'll be in Columbus but they are just too good, could get ugly. I think between Wisconsin, Nebraska or at Maryland there will be at least one more loss.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT