ADVERTISEMENT

My son was crowned Homecoming King last night....

HawkeyeShawn

HR Heisman
Nov 9, 2001
Some, if not most of you know, that my oldest child has Down Syndrome. I tend to get a little touchy when the “R” word is used on this board. Well, last night was a pretty amazing night for our family. Our son, Cole, was crowned Homecoming King last night. Tri-Center, here in SW Iowa, has some amazing students and faculty. This is what life is all about.

I got tagged in a thread for some reason. I just pointed out that my son is autistic.

Besides that, I’m sure it was a special night for the OP.

I was just kidding, he likely mistook you for someone else who drops R bombs.

You forgot @ConvenientParking likely because I'm forgettable. But almost everyone uses coarse language. The r word was a playground word in 2002. We all gotta learn things and get better. Thanks to Shawn for sharing an example.

I was just kidding, he likely mistook you for someone else who drops R bombs.
Not mistaken. He uses the R bombs as much as anybody on this site. I am not mistaken on any of the tags.

I apologize for hijacking this thread as it was an awesome moment for you and your family OP. I just hope some people seeing something as real as this will maybe stop what I believe is one of the WORST parts of this message board. The use of the word or some sort of variation is WAY too commonplace on this site and I hate it

Not mistaken. He uses the R bombs as much as anybody on this site. I am not mistaken on any of the tags.

I apologize for hijacking this thread as it was an awesome moment for you and your family OP. I just hope some people seeing something as real as this will maybe stop what I believe is one of the WORST parts of this message board. The use of the word or some sort of variation is WAY too commonplace on this site and I hate it
If you were sorry for hijacking the thread, you wouldn't have done it.

Way to screw up a nice thread by calling out everyone who doesn’t share your political views. Clown.
Politics has nothing to do with it. I hope youre embarrassed that you use that word as an insult and never do it again because of this.

I hope you’re embarrassed by the fact that you’re an idiot. You don’t know what it’s like to be insulted in that fashion. Take your high horse and ride off into tbe sunset.
Keep justifying your awfulness by insulting me

Wait, i thought this was about politics? Right Belem?

I really appreciate this story. I've mention this before, but I think it's great how our school systems have evolved. I don't think I'm terribly old, but even in progressive Iowa City kids with disabilities were hidden away in a room away from the rest of the student body when I was a student. Maybe we'd see them at lunch. Now they are in every class they can participate in, and very involved in activities. In the UI Homecoming parade last year the City High band had a member in a wheel chair. How special that this child got to participate. Plus, the other kids shared the duties of pushing the wheelchair, and they got an experience that let them grow a little.

Politics has nothing to do with it. I hope youre embarrassed that you use that word as an insult and never do it again because of this.
Find a post of me using it or STFU. You suck beyond words.

Some, if not most of you know, that my oldest child has Down Syndrome. I tend to get a little touchy when the “R” word is used on this board. Well, last night was a pretty amazing night for our family. Our son, Cole, was crowned Homecoming King last night. Tri-Center, here in SW Iowa, has some amazing students and faculty. This is what life is all about.

Great story, thank you for sharing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT