ADVERTISEMENT

National Signing Day

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Solid class coming in. Some very good looking PWO's also. Iowa will always be a developmental program under Kirk, so high school players are important to the program. This class has a really good group of LBers, TE's and O-linemen. I think Resar is a very athletic, dare I say it, a mobile QB. The DB's and WR's look to be very athletic. I'm really excited to see how our D-line develops, they all look to be very athletic. RB is intriguing with Doll's speed and Williams' power. Kirk and company put a nice bow on the package with our two special teams commits.

Another solid class coming to Iowa City.

Solid class coming in. Some very good looking PWO's also. This class has a really good group of LBers, TE's and O-linemen. I think Resar is a very athletic, dare I say it, a mobile QB. The DB's and WR's look to be very athletic. I'm really excited to see how our D-line develops, they all look to be very athletic. RB is intriguing with Doll's speed and Williams' power. Kirk and company put a nice bow on the package with our two special teams commits.

Let’s talk about this…

I see the Iowa kid Vander Zee is listed as a WR. Who else do we have signing that fall into the “very athletic WR” category?

Once again - we’ve appeared to focus heavily on the defensive side.

Last edited:
Will Nolan, Cody Fox, Josh Janowski, Bodey McCaslin

La6nIquN

Let’s talk about this…

I see the Iowa kid Vander Zee is listed as a WR. Who else do we have signing that fall into the “very athletic WR” category?
KJ Parker looks decent, in all honesty, Resar is crazy athletic. I know he's projected at QB, but he looks like a WR/TE to me. off topic, but Gavin Hoffman is insanely athletic for his size, he will be another Iowa NFL 1st rounder.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
KJ Parker looks decent, in all honesty, Resar is crazy athletic. I know he's projected at QB, but he looks like a WR/TE to me. off topic, but Gavin Hoffman is insanely athletic for his size, he will be another Iowa NFL 1st rounder.
I’m also very optimistic about the two TEs. Absolutely.

But that’s normal. What about that forgotten group? They’re called wide receivers (or wide blockers if you will).

I’m also very optimistic about the two TEs. Absolutely.

But that’s normal. What about that forgotten group? They’re called wide receivers (or wide blockers if you will).
Not to be a dick, but there is plenty of upside in the group we currently have, I would rather spend a ship on a portal guy to come in. Brown showed a ton of upside, coming into his JR season. Seth Anderson with a decent QB is a solid deep threat. I respect Nico, but Iowa has to have something better.

Not to be a dick, but there is plenty of upside in the group we currently have, I would rather spend a ship on a portal guy to come in. Brown showed a ton of upside, coming into his JR season. Seth Anderson with a decent QB is a solid deep threat. I respect Nico, but Iowa has to have something better.
If the plan is to continuously fill the WR spots with proven & productive players from the portal, I’m in on that.

But that means we have to continue getting guys from the portal moving forward. Fingers crossed.

Vander Zee and KJ Parker is the “group” we have coming in (Yikes), unless I’m missing someone? Bostick is probably a wasted scholly.

Bottom line: that room is kinda bare - Color me not shocked. BUT - Let’s get a couple from the portal this winter and the depth will look OK.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
If the plan is to continuously fill the WR spots with proven & productive players from the portal, I’m in on that.

But that means we have to continue getting guys from the portal moving forward. Fingers crossed.

Vander Zee and KJ Parker is the “group” we have coming in. Bostick is probably a wasted scholly.

Bottom line: that room is kinda bare. Color me not shocked. BUT - Let’s get a couple from the portal this winter and the depth will look OK.
here's the question, I personally think that we really need an OT, at the minimum. If we return everyone we are short a scholly sitting at 86, and Dejong returning is, well, not great IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Solid class coming in. Some very good looking PWO's also. Iowa will always be a developmental program under Kirk, so high school players are important to the program. This class has a really good group of LBers, TE's and O-linemen. I think Resar is a very athletic, dare I say it, a mobile QB. The DB's and WR's look to be very athletic. I'm really excited to see how our D-line develops, they all look to be very athletic. RB is intriguing with Doll's speed and Williams' power. Kirk and company put a nice bow on the package with our two special teams commits.

Will Doll stay at Rb Or moved to DB?

full stop, Hoffman is a HUGE get, watch his film. I have no idea what in the hell the rivals prognosticators are watching, but it isn't his film.

I know HOCK had an insane high school tape yet this to me is every bit as good. Hands, speed, routes and physicality. He might test as good as a HS TE as we've recruited in some time, I thought I read he had a 41 inch vertical too, wow.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Yep, I finally watched that tape and it reminded me of the Teslaa tape (portal WR we were after last year). Inline, split wide, etc, he has the toolkit, a little more weight and some blocking and he'll be a freak. Will play sooner than later.

Competition is much lower than Wegher yet comes from a great family and yes, does have the track speed and work ethic to excel at next level.
Might be selling Doll a little short. Wegher and that Heelan team won it all but 3A NW Iowa ball back then wasn't exactly murderers row. If i remember right they started that year game 1 against A/1A Lawton-Bronson
I get the argument though. There was a reason Wegher was highly coveted.

Reactions: BigOHawk
Yep, I finally watched that tape and it reminded me of the Teslaa tape (portal WR we were after last year). Inline, split wide, etc, he has the toolkit, a little more weight and some blocking and he'll be a freak. Will play sooner than later.
Is He signing later in the Day or is there a hang up? Only LOI not in yet , at least reported LOI.

Don’t apologize about being a dick to @coorsoriginal02 he doesn’t care if he is one to anyone else…doh!

Reactions: herkhatescy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT