ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA 2025.

silentgift-the-realness.gif

I wonder if they found out a way to pay every player in the game? Or if it’s just going to be generic made up players?

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I Dm'd the EA twitter account asking them to include a Brian Ferentz challenge where you have to win 10 games but can only average 22 ppg and only gain 250 ypg.
Similarly, it'll be fun for FSU fans to go undefeated for a season, and get invited to the Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl.

Then, they'll get a window that pops up that says "18 of your players will miss the bowl game to begin preparing for the draft..."

Same. Having kids, I get so little time playing video games anymore, I’m still rocking a PS4.
Me too. It works though. I've got a buddy in another state - he also has a PS4 and we sometimes get online and play Madden 21 together. It's good because we can talk to each other and catch up while we're playing.

Reactions: ping72
It would be funny if they could add a sideline Kirk clip where he grunts “that’s football” after Deacon gets sacked/fumbles.

Seriously though, the entire sport has been bastardized all for TV and a fuggin’ video game that no kid (only middle aged men) asked for.

pretty positive it will be the real players in the game and yeah they r getting paid.
Great.

Although in the old days, it seemed kind of random which of the freshman or fringe players were in the game and who wasn’t. Those decisions take on even more importance now.

And likely also spring depth charts. Iowa’s are pretty useless…but now that they’ll influence who gets paid… will be a headache for coaches.

pretty positive it will be the real players in the game and yeah they r getting paid.
Without a union or some other form of collective body for the players, does that mean they'd have to go and negotiate with every single player they want to put on a roster?

Without a union or some other form of collective body for the players, does that mean they'd have to go and negotiate with every single player they want to put on a roster?
I would assume that everybody gets sent the same contract with the same pay. If the player signs it, they are in the game. If the player does not sign it, that team is stuck with “QB 12” who looks very different but is in the same grade and has similar skills.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I would assume that everybody gets sent the same contract with the same pay. If the player signs it, they are in the game. If the player does not sign it, that team is stuck with “QB 12” who looks very different but is in the same grade and has similar skills.
Yup. But if you are Caleb Williams, or whoever that equivalent is for next season, I could see them offering an individual contract worth more to get him in the game. At least, if I were a top tier college player that's what I would do to get included in the game.

Yup. But if you are Caleb Williams, or whoever that equivalent is for next season, I could see them offering an individual contract worth more to get him in the game. At least, if I were a top tier college player that's what I would do to get included in the game.
I would guess they might use being on the cover or featured in some sort of startup/welcome/loading/promo video to get some of those players a bit more money.

Reactions: BioHawk
College football players from all 134 FBS teams can opt in to be a part of EA Sports College Football 25 starting today.

Every player who opts in will receive $600 and a copy of the game. Players who don't opt in will have a generic player avatar. Several athletes will also become ambassadors and get extra NIL compensation.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Minimum 85 players per team + 134 teams = Best of luck to the folks trying to round up signatures from that many 18-22 year olds.y

I wonder if they'll include the FCS teams? This all seems like a ton of work to get done in order to launch by summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT