ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Data

LutherAce

HR All-American
Oct 31, 2002
@smalls103...do you have any idea how someone could get all the track data from the tournament? i'd be curious to see anyone be able to analyze the entire tournament data and identify trends.

I would imagine that has to be stored somewhere...

I'd like to see which refs called stalling in the last 15 seconds of a match just to call it.
Angel Rivera. Like I said in another thread, go watch how excited he is to call stalling for Pedo U and watch when he has to call it on them. Or when he thinks he needs to throw 1 out there to appease the crowd/make it look good

What was really messed up is days 1&2 these assholes did not call stalling on anyone without a Iowa singlet on, then on day 3 they decide to call stalling on everyone for anything. The inconsistinsies is unfathomable at this point, they even f**ked up the review process!
two refs, reviews, challenges, and a freaking review room with more TVs and camera angles then the superbowl and they still F up calls!!!

@smalls103...do you have any idea how someone could get all the track data from the tournament? i'd be curious to see anyone be able to analyze the entire tournament data and identify trends.

I would imagine that has to be stored somewhere...
The match data is all stored on trackwrestling. I’m about 99% sure that it stores the information on who the official was, scoring data, stall warnings, penalty points, etc. I don’t know if reviews, challenges, etc. are stored there or not. Obviously the only stuff that will be on there is stuff that was actually called.

The analysis could be done, but there’s a ton of data to collect. I think there were 640 individual matches during the tournament. The data table would have to be fairly large to be able to account everything as well. It could be done, but it would take a ton of time.

Edit to add: I just looked at what’s on Track. The officials are designated by numbers…you could track by official number but not by name. There is no record on track of reviews, challenges, or overturned calls which is a little problematic for some aspects of analysis.

The match data is all stored on trackwrestling. I’m about 99% sure that it stores the information on who the official was, scoring data, stall warnings, penalty points, etc. I don’t know if reviews, challenges, etc. are stored there or not. Obviously the only stuff that will be on there is stuff that was actually called.

The analysis could be done, but there’s a ton of data to collect. I think there were 640 individual matches during the tournament. The data table would have to be fairly large to be able to account everything as well. It could be done, but it would take a ton of time.

Edit to add: I just looked at what’s on Track. The officials are designated by numbers…you could track by official number but not by name. There is no record on track of reviews, challenges, or overturned calls which is a little problematic for some aspects of analysis.
yup...i did the same thing as you...but i don't feel like clicking on each match and pulling the data manually. I would be certain that Track would have some sort of data dump file that could be formatted into something more clean that could be utilized better.

Reactions: cwobrien11
If the moronic refs do their ****ing job, it turns out differently
It’s crazy what an impact it has on matches if the ref call stalling correctly early on. That to me is the most frustrating thing with inconsistency we are seeing at the moment.

One of the better examples of that I saw this year was Messenbrink vs Amine at their duel. 2 quick calls on Amine for obvious backing out forced Amine to actually engage instead of hanging out for the last second takedown. Turned that match into a rout.

yup...i did the same thing as you...but i don't feel like clicking on each match and pulling the data manually. I would be certain that Track would have some sort of data dump file that could be formatted into something more clean that could be utilized better.
They probably do have the ability, but I bet it’s an internal function and not one that’s released externally. I am in the same boat…I want to see the trends but I reallllllly don’t want to go through it match by match.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT