ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Finals Thread

These reviews are out of control. Should set a 30s clock and if the refs can’t figure it out in 30s, the call stands. Move on. If you throw the block and are wrong, that 30s goes to your opponent’s riding time.
Agree on the first part. But abolish ride time.

Reactions: TDJ7
at what point do you qualify for an honorary national championship? On the fifth trip to the finals without a win?

Reactions: MitchLL
Also, the officials acknowledging the shoe grab on the hot mic and then choosing not to enforce it is so wrong. I'd be very upset if I was TNT.

"He didn't grasp at it at first" yeah how do you think he was able to hang on buddy. He missed and then caught and held the shoe.
Agree but woupdnt of mattered
Anybody have a time on how long this match has taken?
they said 22 min

Also, the officials acknowledging the shoe grab on the hot mic and then choosing not to enforce it is so wrong. I'd be very upset if I was TNT.

"He didn't grasp at it at first" yeah how do you think he was able to hang on buddy. He missed and then caught and held the shoe.
Yeah but he didn't "mean to" so it's all good.

Welp... We still have the finals streak... Don't really win them anymore tho.

Yay

(Nothing for Drake to hang his head about). He tried to take it to Fig all match... Maybe played into how Fig just sits back all match, but he was looking to score, which is what EVERY screams about.

We got issues all up and down the lineup, but 125 isn't on that list
If Drake would have wrestled that way, he still would’ve lost, because the refs would have stalled him out, and I’m serious.

Going Figueroa - Fix - Bartlett is not ideal for fan retention lol. Thank god for Vito and Kerk doing some actual wrestling.

Reactions: redghost1974
incredible scramble from mendez. if they overturn this i'm turning it off.

Every single starting Iowa wrestler lost their last match of the year. Has that ever happened before?

Well, possibly the last time they didnt have a natty champ.
Gilman, Clark, Sorensen 2nd
Burak 4th
Meyer, Brooks 8th

FWIW in 1989 Joe Melchiore got 3rd at 134 and Steve Martin got 7th at 118. Tom was 4th and Mark Reiland (RIP) was 4th at 158. This team was the low point of the Gable era.

Last edited:
Going Figueroa - Fix - Bartlett is not ideal for fan retention lol. Thank god for Vito and Kerk doing some actual wrestling.
I hate that ASU style of staying at the edge and praying for a counter opportunity as much as anyone. Courtney tried the same sh*t v. an ACL-less Lee. But as long as it's allowed we'd better figure out a way to beat it. This was just another example of an Iowa wrestler losing a match late in the 3rd. Becoming all too common.

Sad Baby GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ikS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT