ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Finals Thread

jmadden1998

HR All-American
Jan 26, 2017
Finals will be starting at 6pm central on ESPN. They will be starting at 285.

Match order

285 Kerkvliet (Penn St) vs Davison (Michigan)
125 Ayala (Iowa) vs Figueroa (Arizona St)
133 Fix (Oklahoma St) vs Arujau (Cornell)
141 Mendez (Ohio St) vs Bartlett (Penn St)
149 Henson (VA Tech) vs Gomez (Michigan)
157 Haines (Penn St) vs Teemer (Arizona St)
165 Carr (Iowa St) vs Mesenbrink (Penn St)
174 Starocci (Penn St) vs Welsh (Ohio St)
184 Keckeisen (UNI) vs Plott (Oklahoma St)
197 Brooks (Penn St) vs Hidlay (NC State)

Battle for 2nd and 3rd

Michigan 71 points. Max possible 83
Cornell 68.5 points. Max possible 74.5
Iowa 67 points. Max possible 73
Iowa St 64.5 points. Max possible 70.5
Arizona St 60.5 points. Max possible 72.5
Ohio St 58 points. Max possible 70

Max possible is getting a win by fall or injury default. Not likely in most matches but possible. Best possible finish for Iowa is 2nd which would take Drake winning, Vito losing to Fix, and both Gomez and Davison from Michigan losing. That would tie us at 71. If Drake gets bonus we would be 2nd alone. We could also tie for 3rd if Drake wins, Vito wins and both Michigan guys lose. If Drake loses, we could drop as far as 7th. That would take Mendez and Welsh winning for Ohio St and getting at least 1.5 bonus, Carr beating Mesenbrink and Teemer beating Haines.

Piss on this kids graveyard? What a ****ing Tool
I'm not sure who went first, but Rocco had some stuff up on his SM too. I can absolutely see how people don't like Carter but he's a different kind of cat for sure. Wasn't quite sure how he'd fit in the room or even make it at PSU when he first went. To his credit, never heard a bad thing about him during his time there.

I'm not sure who went first, but Rocco had some stuff up on his SM too. I can absolutely see how people don't like Carter but he's a different kind of cat for sure. Wasn't quite sure how he'd fit in the room or even make it at PSU when he first went. To his credit, never heard a bad thing about him during his time there.
That’s an interesting way of saying douchebag lol.

That can’t be real???? I mean Penn State makes me cringe every time I see their nittany lion for other reasons but this is also super cringey. Coming from someone at a school with the history of Penn State, that’s pretty bad mentioning all those things. Kind of strange because Kerkvliet and Brooks and Messenbrink and Haines seem like class acts. Is there a history with him and Welsh???

Last edited:
Is the post a bad thing?

My predictions:
PSU will win first place so at least I will have one thing right.
285: Kerk with a easy win without bonus.
126: Drake with a couple of good slide bys for the win. He is just wrestling good at the right time.
133 Vito is back to form and makes Fix look stupid with the do nothing thing and win.
141: Real still the best. Mendez with a wild scramble for the win in the third.
149: Toss up. I think Gomez has got to much for Henson and wins.
157: Haines over Teemer.
165: Likely best match of night. Messenbrink pushing pace and Carr countering and calculating. I think Carr pulls it out.
174: Star with knee and motivating posts for Rocco but will actually help Star win because he is great at countering and wearing people down.
184: Plott really looks good this year but Keke is the man. This could turn into bonus points.
197: Brooks takes out Hidlay in the last match of the night. He will coast. They should have had MM and Carr the last match.

Gotta love rewarding doing nothing for 5 minutes and hanging around the edge of the mat. He'll really be backing up now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT