ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA has charged Bill Self with THREE Level 1 (most serious) Violations, alleging he was in on Adidas' Scheme

No doubt, just ask Slick Rick at Louisville. We're all supposed to believe that a GA working for almost nothing was throwing recruit parties with hookers, booze and blow at 10,000 per night, (probably what he's compensated in a year) while Daddy warbucks the head coach didn't bank roll all this and knew absolutely nothing about any of it. Jees..... there are some pretty naive people at the NCAA office, thats all I can say......

supkl.jpg

Bill Self is scum.
I don’t doubt there were plenty of recruiting ‘irregularities’ at KU probably not the level of some but serious. And you may rightfully not like him or the advantage KU and others get in recruiting but don’t think for a minute he isn’t an excellent basketball coach. And yes better than Fran.

Assuming UNC beats St. Peter's, this will be a really difficult Final Four to watch. KU + UNC both get away with cheating. Can't stand watching Duke, especially this year with the Coach K circle jerk.

I guess you gotta go with Villanova.

NCAA + TV love it though.
I’m 100% with you on all of that.

All this is really going to affect Kansas. I just watched a McDonalds HS Boys scrimmage and 4 of them were committed to Kansas. Maybe Kansas punished themselves by banning themselves from last year's NCAA tournament (which was cancelled). Way to go, NCAA. You've just waved the white flag when it comes to the bluebloods. Now with the way NIL is working out, how could a school actually violate any NCAA regulations?

All this is really going to affect Kansas. I just watched a McDonalds HS Boys scrimmage and 4 of them were committed to Kansas. Maybe Kansas punished themselves by banning themselves from last year's NCAA tournament (which was cancelled). Way to go, NCAA. You've just waved the white flag when it comes to the bluebloods. Now with the way NIL is working out, how could a school actually violate any NCAA regulations?
are you surprised? can you name a single time when a powerhouse blueblood school got hammered big time with probation?

are you surprised? can you name a single time when a powerhouse blueblood school got hammered big time with probation?
No, unfortunately I am not surprised. Doesn't help that the talking heads during the tournament are extolling what a great coach he is on a constant basis. As I've often said, cheaters do indeed win when it comes to college athletics.

Zero chance the violations stick.

I would guess they'll figure out some way out where Self and Kansas get slapped on the wrist. Otherwise I see this playing out where they'll sue in the courts. Its a better bet that Bill Self and Kansas end up getting millions in damages rather than any kind of significant sanctions that stick.

Was just thinking about this today. For all the shit that KU and UNC were caught doing , here they are again in the final 4. Guess it does pay to cheat.......

Was just thinking about this today. For all the shit that KU and UNC were caught doing , here they are again in the final 4. Guess it does pay to cheat.......

That's why I'm not watching it. I know my not watching will have very little impact, so it's not so much about that. It's more about the circle-jerk. The commentators doing these games know some of these programs and coaches are dirty. I'm not going to have my intelligence insulted by them trying to tell me these coaches and programs do things the right way.

The cheating is embarrassing. Especially as North Carolina and Kansas are both fairly highly ranked academic institutions that have a lot more going for them than just their basketball programs.

That's why I'm not watching it. I know my not watching will have very little impact, so it's not so much about that. It's more about the circle-jerk. The commentators doing these games know some of these programs and coaches are dirty. I'm not going to have my intelligence insulted by them trying to tell me these coaches and programs do things the right way.

I didn't watch either game either

If CB wants to clean this up, it's going to take more than the NCAA. The college presidents are going to have to give the NCAA a much bigger hammer to award some serious punishments, like a 10 year ban on coaches, no further payment on their contracts, etc. If the entire program is dirty, give them the death penalty.

Guys like Self know the current punishments are soft - lose some schollys, miss the tournament. Guys like Bruce Pearl and Kelvin Sampson seem to be doing just fine after being caught cheating. Will Wade is probably already interviewing for his next job, while LSU is trying to rebuild from the ashes.

It's tacit approval to cheat.

I don't blame the NCAA as much as I do the college presidents - they are the one's that formed the NCAA to keep college sports "fair", but that was 100 years ago. It needs a re-tooling.

BTW, has the President at Kansas weighed in at all on this?

I don’t doubt there were plenty of recruiting ‘irregularities’ at KU probably not the level of some but serious. And you may rightfully not like him or the advantage KU and others get in recruiting but don’t think for a minute he isn’t an excellent basketball coach. And yes better than Fran.
If he’s such a great coach, why does he need to cheat?

The cheating is embarrassing. Especially as North Carolina and Kansas are both fairly highly ranked academic institutions that have a lot more going for them than just their basketball programs.
You are half right.
Nebraska looks like harvard compared to kansas

If CB wants to clean this up, it's going to take more than the NCAA. The college presidents are going to have to give the NCAA a much bigger hammer to award some serious punishments, like a 10 year ban on coaches, no further payment on their contracts, etc. If the entire program is dirty, give them the death penalty.

Guys like Self know the current punishments are soft - lose some schollys, miss the tournament. Guys like Bruce Pearl and Kelvin Sampson seem to be doing just fine after being caught cheating. Will Wade is probably already interviewing for his next job, while LSU is trying to rebuild from the ashes.

I don't blame the NCAA as much as I do the college presidents - they are the one's that formed the NCAA to keep college sports "fair", but that was 100 years ago. It needs a re-tooling.

Don't you understand? None of these coaches know any of this stuff is going on, because they looked someone in the eye and said so. We're constantly told how smart these coaches are, how much intelligence they have. But they weren't smart enough to realize they were the only one in their program who didn't know the irregularities were taking place. Even more amazing, is the coach stood the most to gain from it. Yes, the coach had no clue everyone around him was doing all this stuff for his benefit.

And there's the rub, because the SCHOOLS themselves do absolutely NOTHING to curtail this shit! Oh I'm sorry, KU DID just sign Self to a freakin lifetime contract, so there's that. All about the Benjamins.....

Yes, they just gave Self a lifetime contract. I'd say thats weighing in on their concern for him being a cheat, AND being caught doing it. Not to mention Larry Brown cheated to win the 88 title, AND everyone knows that Roy was a cheatin SOB as well, so I guess its the Kansas way......

Your being serious? The FEDS caught KU in numerous level one violations. Their as cheatin as cheatin gets! Larry Brown was cheating and got run when KU won the title in 88. Roy was a cheatin scum bag at KU, and obviously at UNC. Of course there he got off, because they didn't just allow the players to cheat, they let the WHOLE student body in on the fake classes, so of course the NCAA in their wisdom, saw NO violation since it wasn't just the players. If their all such legends why do they need to cheat so much to win? Lets have the NCAA or SOMEBODY actually grow some balls, and put an end to this, ans level the playing field, and see if maybe someone else but KU, UNC, and Duke could be in the final four, how about that? With the amount of talent there is out there nationally today, the fact that these three schools have been in so many final fours is a damn insult to everyones intelligence that everythings on the up and up......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT