ADVERTISEMENT

****NCAA/NIT Selection Sunday Thread****

Fran can't continue to play +300 RPI teams in the non-conference schedule....killed us this year.

I'm not at all a Kentucky fan but better record and won both regular season and tourney titles. Yet UNC gets the 1 because the committee values winning regular season titles???

Okay....

And that stems to other questions brought up by some of these selections.

Creighton-Oregon 2nd round was a pure "TV ratings/story/etc matchup" pick by the committee rather than just properly seeding. No way it just "worked out" that way.
Does seem a little coincidental that fsu plays Fl no one and kentuck plays no one kentucky etc

No Syracuse....at least the committee got that right.
hood2.gif

Why no Kenny Arnold? Being reminded that I can't stand Charles Barkley during the tournament.

From the Twitter:
Iowa was one of the first four out of the NCAA Tournament; the #Hawkeyes will earn a No. 1 seed and a home game in the NIT.

Of all the teams... Vandy kills me. 15 losses including 20+ pt losses to Marquette, Middle Tenn St & 7 win Missouri. They beat ISU by 4 at home, South Carolina & FLA three times. That's about it. And FLA gets a 4 seed losing to Vandy 3 times!

Who knew the SEC was so highly rated!

Fran can't continue to play +300 RPI teams in the non-conference schedule....killed us this year.

Regardless the RPI is a bull crap metric.

Go look at Vandy's schedule and tell me that's worthy of a high RPI, 9 seed with 15 losses!

I wonder what they would have done with Vandy if they lost to Florida in the regular season finale and then didn't win the SEC Tournament. Wonder if they would have taken a 16 loss team. A 9 seed is super high.

Of all the teams... Vandy kills me. 15 losses including 20+ pt losses to Marquette, Middle Tenn St & 7 win Missouri. They beat ISU by 4 at home, South Carolina & FLA three times. That's about it. And FLA gets a 4 seed losing to Vandy 3 times!

Who knew the SEC was so highly rated!

Vandy beat Florida 3x other than that had a ton of bad losses. WF was one team who benefited from beating bottom of their conference then riding off the coat tails of ACC best conference. They finished 10th and got only 3 wins vs 9 teams ahead of them including conference tourney. Who was their best non conference win? LSU. Minus L'ville only other impressive wins all year Miami and va Tech.

Reactions: DavenportHawk8
With big 10 seeding all over the place. But I'd be pissed if I was a Wisconsin fan. Minny 5, Maryland 6 and Michigan 7 all above them then get same seed as northwestern.

With big 10 seeding all over the place. But I'd be pissed if I was a Wisconsin fan. Minny 5, Maryland 6 and Michigan 7 all above them then get same seed as northwestern.
I would be pissed if I was a Wisconsin fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT