ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA seeding

GPRHAWK

HR MVP
Jul 1, 2005
What annoys me most about this loss is it probably dropped us down to the dreaded 8 or 9 seed, so one tournament win tops. Probably no chance at a 7 seed in Omaha now, but maybe we can drop to a 10 seed and still play KU in Omaha in second round (if they are the 2 seed there).

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
I still think Iowa can be a 7 seed
The committee always seems to have some surprises with seeding. I think we are solidly an 8 or 9 seed, but you could very well be right that we get a 7 seed. I happen to think we're closer to a 10 than a 7, but it's very difficult to predict seeding.

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
I still think Iowa can be a 7 seed
I hope you right but I think we are a 8 or 9 now.

i really thought we would get to wisky and maybe sneak into a six. But it is a 8 or 9 now. I just hope the 1 is Villanova or Virginia or the Zags.

Duke too many 3 point shooters and Kentucky too much of everything.

USA Today has us as an 8 seed in Midwest- playing Kentucky second game. With our RPI- actually one spot behind Texas- I don't see how we get a 7 seed.

Lunardi still has Iowa as a 7 as well. Those predicting an 8/9 may ultimately be right, but consider giving a little more credit to those whose job it is to watch college basketball and build brackets. They might just know a little more about how things work than you or I.

Originally posted by hawk44ever:
USA Today has us as an 8 seed in Midwest- playing Kentucky second game. With our RPI- actually one spot behind Texas- I don't see how we get a 7 seed.
How is USA Today's track record at predicting seeds over the years? Just curious?

Originally posted by BondHawk:
Lunardi still has Iowa as a 7 as well. Those predicting an 8/9 may ultimately be right, but consider giving a little more credit to those whose job it is to watch college basketball and build brackets. They might just know a little more about how things work than you or I.
Lunardi has not updated for today from what I see- March 12 as latest.

Originally posted by GPRHAWK:
What annoys me most about this loss is it probably dropped us down to the dreaded 8 or 9 seed, so one tournament win tops. Probably no chance at a 7 seed in Omaha now, but maybe we can drop to a 10 seed and still play KU in Omaha in second round (if they are the 2 seed there).
Iowa can't get past the first round of the Big Ten tourney. What makes you think they are capable of winning a game in the NCAA?

No idea, but I think we played ourselves into an 8 seed and nobody to blame but ourselves, That 7 seed in Omaha would have been sweet. VCU is definitely beatable and KU is a wounded duck right now.

I'm still holding out hope that the committee will be generous and give us a 7 seed, but in reality, I'm afraid Iowa choked away that opportunity yesterday.

8 or 9 seed is my prediction.

sick.r191677.gif

Originally posted by whatsup12579er:
Originally posted by GPRHAWK:
Iowa can't get past the first round of the Big Ten tourney. What makes you think they are capable of winning a game in the NCAA?
Iowa beat UNC at UNC, thats what makes me think they're capable... It goes both ways. Could lose by 20 in the first round, could go to the S16..

Per RPI- we are 2-4 against teams in the Top 25, that won't help us for the higher seeding. Many teams have played 8-9 games against top 25. Texas has played 12, Ku 11 and ISU 10 and those numbers will go up with games tonight for KU and ISU., Those are the most in the RPI. Texas is only 2-10 against top 25 but only has one more loss than Iowa and is ahead of them in the RPI. If Texas is on the bubble, I can't see Iowa with a 7.

That was a horrible loss and it will put us in the 8/9 spot after the dust settles.

I can't remember the exact order of the bubble teams in an informal update from Lunardi last night but Indiana was last one in and Texas right behind. Of course that could easily change with upsets this weekend.

Updated Lunardi is just out and we are still a 7 in Omaha. I know this isn't guaranteed but our bracket is so much easier than others. I like our 7 seed over ISU's 3 seed. Midwest- Kentucky, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Louisville- that is the toughest bracket by far. Virginia, Kansas, Maryland, UNI- I'll take that bracket any day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT