ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska acquires Rapid COVID-19 Testing Machine

This is awesome and frustrating. Awesome we are getting breakthroughs(see Univ of Illinois Testing all students multiple times per week). Discouraging as there is a dearth if testing availability for the general public in Lincoln.

Does the general public really need it broadly?

Reactions: FrankGahllager1
Does the general public really need it broadly?
Fair question. More so than the availability. A health system in Lincoln has been giving very frequent updates...tests, positives, hospital census, and testing supply details since mid March. They have 4 levels of tests, the precise ones with very rapid turnaround are in perpetual critical status it seems. I have watched, followed Lincoln and other community responses to this. I credit them for much of Lincoln’s success- the community, except for those that got sucked into the political vortex has responded strongly. They have been straight shooters, apolitical during these press briefings.

It’s also been interesting in another sense- their PR Exec and some of the physicians featured are University of Iowa peeps...there has been the occasional football references during the PCs

This is awesome and frustrating. Awesome we are getting breakthroughs(see Univ of Illinois Testing all students multiple times per week). Discouraging as there is a dearth if testing availability for the general public in Lincoln.
I live in Lincoln and I probably could get tested 7 times in one day if I wanted to.

And like everything else in Nebraska, I’ll bet that machine is sturdy, cocksure, steadfast...and strong.

It’s not difficult to get the machine to test. Obtaining a consistent supply of reagent To test with is the real problem. I know from experience.

I live in Lincoln and I probably could get tested 7 times in one day if I wanted to.
Yes. There are different types of tests, and some that need extreme accuracy and turnaround...nevertheless, bigger issues are socio-economic, stupid behavior which is why we’re going to see masks for a while...and get a flu shot. Recommend by Oct 31.

Iowa has as many students in the hospital as illinois.

worrying about Covid with college students is just about a waste of time/resources/money.

Iowa has as many students in the hospital as illinois.

worrying about Covid with college students is just about a waste of time/resources/money.

Source? Any hospitalizations are not made public at Iowa

Don't show the pic of the dumbo on Twitter who shows 0 for every school. See above. These things aren't made public so of course it's "zero" in his mind

It’s not difficult to get the machine to test. Obtaining a consistent supply of reagent To test with is the real problem. I know from experience.

Would these not be the 15 minute Abbott Labs tests that Trump likely offered up to Warren? Test all staff and players daily.

Yes. There are different types of tests, and some that need extreme accuracy and turnaround...nevertheless, bigger issues are socio-economic, stupid behavior which is why we’re going to see masks for a while...and get a flu shot. Recommend by Oct 31.

Flu really circulates in schools and the kids bring it home and then parents spread to non-parents, especially around the holidays. With this many precautions in place I fully expect the regular flus to be much less in terms of number this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT