ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska AD gone?

If you have to tell someone that you are relevant...you aren't.
I'm not telling anyone anything other than Nebraska is on every list of blueblood football programs, in response to people saying that they aren't. You guys keep setting up these strawmen and then cheering when you whack them down. Congrats on not addressing the actual point.

I'm not telling anyone anything other than Nebraska is on every list of blueblood football programs, in response to people saying that they aren't. You guys keep setting up these strawmen and then cheering when you whack them down. Congrats on not addressing the actual point.
Think whatever you want. No one else cares.

Last edited:
And what's that got you the last 10 years? You hanging a banner for it? Gettin' rings made up?

I witnessed and attended games during all 5 of the Husker's national titles and that's all that matters to me. Nobody is alive that witnessed any of Yale's, Harvard's, or Minnesota's national Titles. BTW, since the era of leather helmets ended, Michigan has a whole 2 national titles.
Just for you....

Lol those titles are just t-shirts that hang in your closet. 😆 🤣 😂 😹

I'm 64 and living my dream retirement life. You just keep working your a$$ off to fund my social security and medicare, while I hit the beach!
I’m 60 and retired, so sorry, I’m not funding your SS or Medicare. My wife and I will be down in Florida in April, so I’ll be on the beach too. 😉

Well lets see...between 1970 and 1996 the Big Ten won a total of 0 national titles...that would be zippo, nada, the big GOOSE EGG. Meanwhile during that same period Oklahoma won 3, Colorado won 1, and Nebraska won 4. For those scoring at home that would be 8 national titles for the Big 8 and a GOOSE EGG for the Big Ten

Rings made up? That is strictly an Iowa thing. No one will ever forget the laughable 12-0 rings. It's funny how the 0-2 rings for that same season were never distributed.
Why would/does it bother you so much what Iowa does?

However, it’s still historically correct that the vast majority of the Big 8’s existence, Neb only had one tough game (Oklahoma) to prepare for. So, yes the huskers win/loss record is inflated.
And St. Tom wasn’t beating them so he sold his soul, left his ethics behind and started to win

They didn't coin the phrase Ohio State, Michigan, and the 8 dwarfs for nothing. Historically speaking 8 of the teams in the Big Ten sucked!
Agreed, and Michigan and Ohio State’s historical win/loss records reflect such. So, you’re kind of proving my point about Nebraska’s and Oklahoma’s records being inflated too due to weaker conference foes.

QUOTE="HVHusker, post: 12009666, member: 15400"]
They didn't coin the phrase Ohio State, Michigan, and the 8 dwarfs for nothing. Historically speaking 8 of the teams in the Big Ten sucked!
[/QUOTE]
You should consider taking that sentiment to an OSU or Michigan board and let them know your thoughts about their historical records. Your need to "prove" your team's "greatness" to Iowa fans on an Iowa board has been sad, and trending toward pathetic.

You should consider taking that sentiment to an OSU or Michigan board and let them know your thoughts about their historical records. Your need to "prove" your team's "greatness" to Iowa fans on an Iowa board has been sad, and trending toward pathetic.
This board was once a place to get good insight into Iowa football, now the first page is littered with threads about Nebraska, that is truly pathetic. 6 pages dominated by Hawkeye fans about a Nebraska AD? Yes, pathetic. We’ve been better most seasons since 2015 and yet most of you have the inferiority complex of a middle school girl when it comes to Nebraska.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
This board was once a place to get good insight into Iowa football, now the first page is littered with threads about Nebraska, that is truly pathetic. 6 pages dominated by Hawkeye fans about a Nebraska AD? Yes, pathetic. We’ve been better most seasons since 2015 and yet most of you have the inferiority complex of a middle school girl when it comes to Nebraska.
LOL. That is your first message on this board?

LOL. That is your first message on this board?
This board has been overran by Nebraska trolls for the 20 or so years that I've been on it. Each of them compelled to correct us as to our way of thinking, and creating endless pages of "education". Every school in the Big Ten gets mentioned here from time to time but only one school has fans that monitor the board for content. Only one. You know who you are.

This board has been overran by Nebraska trolls for the 20 or so years that I've been on it. Each of them compelled to correct us as to our way of thinking, and creating endless pages of "education". Every school in the Big Ten gets mentioned here from time to time but only one school has fans that monitor the board for content. Only one. You know who you are.
Exactly, and heaven forbid if any Iowa fan tries to post on the Nebby site, they generally get banned. That’s one of the reasons that I post about Nebby issues here, since I know many Nebraska lurkers are on this site. It’s fun to antagonize them. 😉

Exactly, and heaven forbid if any Iowa fan tries to post on the Nebby site, they generally get banned. That’s one of the reasons that I post about Nebby issues here, since I know many Nebraska lurkers are on this site. It’s fun to antagonize them. 😉
There are multiple threads over the last week about Iowa State and Drake, as as threads about Illinois, Michigan, OSU, West Virginia, LSU and more, and their fans might react a bit...but not much. They have thicker skin I guess.

Reactions: HonkBIG10HonkHonk
I’ve posted there under a different user name, unlike this site, which you have to sit out a bit before you can post, you can sign up for a free rivals user name and post right away over there which indicates that site is not what you say.

Nebraska and Oklahoma were the big two in the big8 as Michigan and Ohio St were the big 2 of the Big10 when there were 10 teams. The big8 and Big12 competed very well head to head against the Big10 in days past and the fact that we play ISU every year has helped the Big10 numbers.

I don’t doubt you get banned over there for posting hyperbole or your opinion without anything to back it up and if you were serious about looking up any substantial data, it wouldn’t fit the narrative most often posted by Iowa fans about the big 8, big 12 or Nebraska.

6 pages dominated by Iowa fans about the Nebraska AD says it all about most Iowa fans over here.

I’ve posted there under a different user name, unlike this site, which you have to sit out a bit before you can post, you can sign up for a free rivals user name and post right away over there which indicates that site is not what you say.

Nebraska and Oklahoma were the big two in the big8 as Michigan and Ohio St were the big 2 of the Big10 when there were 10 teams. The big8 and Big12 competed very well head to head against the Big10 in days past and the fact that we play ISU every year has helped the Big10 numbers.

I don’t doubt you get banned over there for posting hyperbole or your opinion without anything to back it up and if you were serious about looking up any substantial data, it wouldn’t fit the narrative most often posted by Iowa fans about the big 8, big 12 or Nebraska.

6 pages dominated by Iowa fans about the Nebraska AD says it all about most Iowa fans over here.
Oh look, Hawksacklicker is back. Surprise, surprise.....can't stay away from the Iowa board.

Reactions: Blackleaf40

The thread about Juwon Howard leaving Michigan is only a page and a half, mostly because some dumb ass Wolverine fan doesn't keep showing up to educate us about the glory that is Michigan. They don't really care what we think about it. That's how a Blue Blood Operates.

The thread about Juwon Howard leaving Michigan is only a page and a half, mostly because some dumb ass Wolverine fan doesn't keep showing up to educate us about the glory that is Michigan. They don't really care what we think about it. That's how a Blue Blood Operates.
Football board not basketball board. I counter any BS on the Nebraska board about Iowa and I guess I understand it when that’s reciprocated. What is it that has been posted by Nebraska fans that has you and many others triggered?

Football board not basketball board. I counter any BS on the Nebraska board about Iowa and I guess I understand it when that’s reciprocated. What is it that has been posted by Nebraska fans that has you and many others triggered?
Truly sad

The flood of naval gazing Nebraska fans to this board speaks volumes.

Can't argue against their passion but most would chop off their left nut to make it to a bowl game at this point.

You will never see Nebraska in a national championship game again.
You won't see them winning a B1G championship.
They have been passed over by superior programs.

Their fans know it too.

That's why they're here.

The flood of naval gazing Nebraska fans to this board speaks volumes.

Can't argue against their passion but most would chop off their left nut to make it to a bowl game at this point.

You will never see Nebraska in a national championship game again.
You won't see them winning a B1G championship.
They have been passed over by superior programs.

Their fans know it too.

That's why they're here.
Some of their fans have previously posted on their forum how the Big 10 was a wrong move and wanted back in the Big 12. Lol

The only media outlets that will claim Knebbers is a blueblood is the Omaha World Herald and the LIncoln Journal Star, and perhaps a half dozen bi-monthly newspapers like the Crab Orchard Chronicle or Colon Crier.

In reality Little Debbie is not considered a blue blood since the turn of the century.
He says while ignoring the countless articles you can find in .01 seconds from various sources that will cite Nebraska as a blue blood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT