ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska AD gone?

Nope, people especially young athletes can't recall Knebbers ever being a Blue Blood, despite what their Great Grandpa tells them.

LOL
Young athletes aren't compiling the lists of blueblood programs. People who work for ESPN or Sports Illustrated, or whoever, compile them. Nebraska is still on those lists.

Young athletes aren't compiling the lists of blueblood programs. People who work for ESPN or Sports Illustrated, or whoever, compile them. Nebraska is still on those lists.
Give it another 5-10 years and another head coach or two, and you will finalize your transformation to being Minnesota 2.0.

Here is the most recent article I could find on the subject (from last fall):

Nebraska (BLUEBLOOD STATUS - NOT SECURE)

Nebraska is slowly slipping away like Minnesota did a few generations ago.
They truly haven't found anyone to be the worthy successor to Tom Osborne. Scott Frost went from claiming national championship glory at UCF to not being able to go to a bowl at Nebraska.
For those under 30, Nebraska football is predominantly associated with mediocrity. The last time Nebraska participated in a bowl game, the current 2024-2026 recruiters were only 8-10 years old.

Personally, I hope that Nebby fans and the media never alter their expectations of their program. Their persistent denial of their position within the current landscape of college football plays a significant role in the downfall of their program. And I love it lol.

Bro, Yale and Harvard are also on those antiquated lists.
I witnessed and attended games during all 5 of the Husker's national titles and that's all that matters to me. Nobody is alive that witnessed any of Yale's, Harvard's, or Minnesota's national Titles. BTW, since the era of leather helmets ended, Michigan has a whole 2 national titles.

I witnessed and attended games during all 5 of the Husker's national titles and that's all that matters to me. Nobody is alive that witnessed any of Yale's, Harvard's, or Minnesota's national Titles. BTW, since the era of leather helmets ended, Michigan has a whole 2 national titles.
IIRC Minnesota won its last one in 1960.

BTW prior to the playoffs the championships that Yale, Harvard, Minnesota and Nebraska claim were all awarded not really earned on the field. An asterisk should be placed next to any school that claims a mythical Natty if it was "awarded" prior to the playoffs.

Give it another 5-10 years and another head coach or two, and you will finalize your transformation to being Minnesota 2.0.

They truly haven't found anyone to be the worthy successor to Tom Osborne. Scott Frost went from claiming national championship glory at UCF to not being able to go to a bowl at Nebraska.
For those under 30, Nebraska football is predominantly associated with mediocrity. The last time Nebraska participated in a bowl game, the current 2024-2026 recruiters were only 8-10 years old.

Personally, I hope that Nebby fans and the media never alter their expectations of their program. Their persistent denial of their position within the current landscape of college football plays a significant role in the downfall of their program. And I love it lol.
But Nebraska is on the list. And Nebraska is still on every list. Just as I factually stated. You're letting your Huskers derangement system get the better of you.

I didn’t call either a blue blood.

Obviously A&M isn’t and that ship has sailed for Nebraska… no argument from me that they were… some still consider them a bb based on what happened over a quarter of a century ago. But much has changed since then, pretty much everything has changed.

You are delusional attempting to proclaim that Nebraska is a blue blood nowadays. It’s those expectations that manifest a belief in something that is a facade and crumbles at the first sign of adversity. Fools gold if you will.

It will be when that attendance really starts to wane. The older crowd dies off and the younger gens don't care as much.

Just admit it bro, the red balloon has gone limp.

Imagine they wanted to hire someone quickly so they could avoid all the talk of guys turning them down.

So... they probably hired the first guy that showed slight interest.

Probably leaves when a better job opens up... at say, Drake!

Still a blueblood. I wasn't arguing with anyone about what's happened since like 2012. I was arguing that anyone who says that Nebraska isn't a blueblood is wrong.
The only media outlets that will claim Knebbers is a blueblood is the Omaha World Herald and the LIncoln Journal Star, and perhaps a half dozen bi-monthly newspapers like the Crab Orchard Chronicle or Colon Crier.

In reality Little Debbie is not considered a blue blood since the turn of the century.

You must be about 70 years old?

Still a blueblood. I wasn't arguing with anyone about what's happened since like 2012. I was arguing that anyone who says that Nebraska isn't a blueblood is wrong.
However, all those years in the old Big 8 really over-inflated Nebraska’s historical win/loss record. So, adjusting for that…Nebraska is not really a “true” blue blood.

You must have consumed a lot of Ben Gay by now then. What kind of hearing aids you got?

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
However, all those years in the old Big 8 really over-inflated Nebraska’s historical win/loss record. So, adjusting for that…Nebraska is not really a “true” blue blood.
Well lets see...between 1970 and 1996 the Big Ten won a total of 0 national titles...that would be zippo, nada, the big GOOSE EGG. Meanwhile during that same period Oklahoma won 3, Colorado won 1, and Nebraska won 4. For those scoring at home that would be 8 national titles for the Big 8 and a GOOSE EGG for the Big Ten

Well lets see...between 1970 and 1996 the Big Ten won a total of 0 national titles...that would be zippo, nada, the big GOOSE EGG. Meanwhile during that same period Oklahoma won 3, Colorado won 1, and Nebraska won 4. For those scoring at home that would be 8 national titles for the Big 8 and a GOOSE EGG for the Big Ten
Not won because that was before the playoffs, what you meant to say was "awarded". Prior to the playoffs those are simply mythical awarded championships.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT