ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Flipped #1 QB

I’d say it’s notable.

Quite concerning when good players decide to sign with terribly-performing Nebraska over more successful programs like Iowa.

I think we need to tweak both the sales pitch and the staff out there giving said pitch.
Here's the rest of the story. Rhule comes out publicly and says, the going rate for a top QB is $1.5M. Some frigging Gomer from Nebraska said I'll give you that, go get him. Raiola's uncle calls his brother and says hey we have a $1.5M package for your son. Done deal. Some sales pitch.

Last edited:
I find this hard to believe. When we left the Big 12 we were on the decline and getting beat there. I recall joining the BIG and people coming to our board, even Iowa fans claiming how we'd win. Most of the Nebraska fan knew where we were as a team and claimed otherwise. I remember it well cause it sucked where we were and still are as a team.
Incredulous Come On GIF by Almost Christmas Movie

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Besides Raiola - who’s this second 5 Star QB? And why in the world would 2 of them go to neb at the same time when the team sucks and they have no oline?

I can see two 5 stars going to Bama (happens all the time) but neb?? Makes no sense - you have to wonder about the qb’s IQ.
Money

Reactions: squeezebox
Debby obviously has the donors, but they don't have the coaches to worry about anything at this point. They also can't sell putting players in the league currently.

Reactions: MitchLL
Jesus, because of those memories of the Natty’s you some how feel fulfilled? Poor little Huskers who are too young to have lived in the good ole days are living a shallow broken life based on Nebraska football?
Everybody knows it's a BS lie. SEVEN straight years of averaging a 4-8 record is killing him. When will the misery end? Never!

Again, talking to Iowa fans is just different. I talked to ISU fans all of the time when we were both in the B12. Oklahoma fans, Texas fans. I don't remember any of those conversations being negative in tone But Iowa fans and I would say Missouri fans, too, are just a different breed. Maybe Colorado too. Maybe it's teams with black & gold colors. I don't know, but there is always lots and lots of hate and it's just hilarious.
Iowa State fans are the most hateful bunch out there. They have an ongoing thread on there board that says F*** Iowa. And they talk a ton of shit about Nebraska too. I also get lots of hatred from Nebraska fans. Any game we lose, I get no less than 5 texts from Nebraska fans. Little brother behavior if you ask me. Just like posting on another team's board.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Here's the rest of the story. Rhuke comes out and says, the going rate for a top QB is $1.5M. Some frigging Gomer from Nebraska said I'll give you that, go get him. Raiola's uncle calls his brother and says hey we have a $1.5M package for your son. Done deal. Some sales pitch.
Yep, sad to say. NIL was not intended to be used this way.
System is broken already.

Reactions: Land Shark7
I find this hard to believe. When we left the Big 12 we were on the decline and getting beat there. I recall joining the BIG and people coming to our board, even Iowa fans claiming how we'd win. Most of the Nebraska fan knew where we were as a team and claimed otherwise. I remember it well cause it sucked where we were and still are as a team.
I grew up in western Iowa and have a lot of Nebraska fan friends. They were all claiming how they were going to come in and dominate the weak big 10. Christ they had 2011 big ten champ shirts made before they even joined.

Someone point out a single in game positive from Matt Rhule this season.
Just one.

I'll hang up and listen.

Iowa State fans are the most hateful bunch out there. They have an ongoing thread on there board that says F*** Iowa. And they talk a ton of shit about Nebraska too. I also get lots of hatred from Nebraska fans. Any game we lose, I get no less than 5 texts from Nebraska fans. Little brother behavior if you ask me. Just like posting on another team's board.
Right? Everything we win, I say nothing back. I think that drives them even more nuts, btw. Silence can be defeaning.

Anyways, anytime when we lose - which is around 2 -3 times per year, I never hear the end of it. Odd, and a very bored bunch.

Reactions: Legs94
I’d say it’s notable.

Quite concerning when good players decide to sign with terribly-performing Nebraska over more successful programs like Iowa.

I think we need to tweak both the sales pitch and the staff out there giving said pitch.
Yeah, big $ had nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuthing to do with it, lol.

What's he getting, $7 mill?? They better buy him an OL too or he will get killed just like all other Braska QB's.

Yeah I could really envision the Iowa teams of the 1970's and 1990's winning the Big 8, and then going to a bowl game and beating a Miami team with Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis, or a Tennessee team with Peyton Manning, or a Florida team with Danny Wuerffel, or an Undefeated Alabama team coached by the Bear and starring Johnny Musso. Yeah I totally see that!
Back when Father Tom let convicts play and roids were rampant.

I grew up in western Iowa and have a lot of Nebraska fan friends. They were all claiming how they were going to come in and dominate the weak big 10. Christ they had 2011 big ten champ shirts made before they even joined.
Yes I remember seeing the shirts at the College World Series that summer lmao.

Reactions: nelly02
They get big name recruiting classes every year…they still lose. New big ten 8-4/9-3 is their ceiling. Once again still undefeated off season champs however.

Seems to be quite a few entering the portal or decommitting at Georgia. I wonder if Kirby Smart is in line for an NFL coaching gig come the end of the season. Something going on at Georgia.
No. Similar to Bama, many see they won’t be seeing the playing field any time soon and with highly rated recruits coming every year it isn’t going to change. Georgia isn’t for everyone, they practice hard to make games easy.

This is the truth.

Congrats on winning the offseason. Now get back to us when you start having some success that counts. Just think, you only need to win your next 11 conf games in a row, and you will get to a .500 conf record!
Nebraska has won the offseason against Iowa every year. Not some years, EVERY YEAR. And we own them now so who cares….😂

Jesus, because of those memories of the Natty’s you some how feel fulfilled? Poor little Huskers who are too young to have lived in the good ole days are living a shallow broken life based on Nebraska football?
I'm not talking about football, I'm talking about life in general. Growing up in the last 25 years absolutely pales in comparison to what it was like growing up in the 60's and 70's.

You’re not happy though. You’re trolling on an opponent’s board in regard to the past. I think you’re bitter and disappointed. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be here.
I live on a lake with a sand beach for a backyard and I just retired 3 months ago. I'm starting to plan for trips around the world in the next few years. If that's bitter, give me more of it!

And Iowa only needs to win 5 more National Championships to match Nebraska. You could live to be a thousand years old and still not see that come to fruition.
Really. Somebody needs to do a tiny bit of homework before making bold statements. Guess what? Both schools have 5 National Championships. Now be a good little Hustler, I mean Husker and go away.

I live on a lake with a sand beach for a backyard and I just retired 3 months ago. I'm starting to plan for trips around the world in the next few years. If that's bitter, give me more of it!
Looks like both Raila and McCord both are visiting NU this week. NU wants to sign both. $1.5-$2m NILfor each player. being discussed from what I’m hearing. That’s kind of disgusting to me, but that’s the world we live in these days. Everybody else is doing it and if you’re not, you’re not getting the top players.

You’re bitter about Nebraska football. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be here trolling.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
You must've retired at the Pilger sand pits!

Really. Somebody needs to do a tiny bit of homework before making bold statements. Guess what? Both schools have 5 National Championships. Now be a good little Hustler, I mean Husker and go away.
If you're going to count National Titles other than AP and UPI titles, like some of the SEC schools do then I can play that game. Nebraska was named football National Champion in 7 additional seasons by some little known organizations. That brings the total to 12 seasons as National Champion. Nebraska fans don't like to claim the additional 7 but if you'd like, I could list the years and the organizations. I think you need to do your homework?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT