ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Flipped #1 QB

I live on a lake with a sand beach for a backyard and I just retired 3 months ago. I'm starting to plan for trips around the world in the next few years. If that's bitter, give me more of it!
If I was retired and had enough money to not only live on a beach, but plan multiple trips around the world, the last thing I would be doing is trolling on a sports forum of a team I don't even like. I'd be getting pussy and actually doing things like a normal person lmao

Incredulous Come On GIF by Almost Christmas Movie
Believe what you like, I have no reason to lie about it. we haven't been anywhere near our rein sin TO retired.

I grew up in western Iowa and have a lot of Nebraska fan friends. They were all claiming how they were going to come in and dominate the weak big 10. Christ they had 2011 big ten champ shirts made before they even joined.
Friends = ribbing because that's what friends do. In the military we ribbed each other for fun all day long, it help us get through the day.

This is Nebraska's hail mary. To be relevant ever again they are going to have to buy it with pay for play. Let's be real this stuff isn't NIL's intentions anymore. Maybe it works for them, maybe it doesn't. It is the uncontrolled world of NIL we live in now.

Last edited:
If you're going to count National Titles other than AP and UPI titles, like some of the SEC schools do then I can play that game. Nebraska was named football National Champion in 7 additional seasons by some little known organizations. That brings the total to 12 seasons as National Champion. Nebraska fans don't like to claim the additional 7 but if you'd like, I could list the years and the organizations. I think you need to do your homework?
Can you give me the coordinates to your outhouse so we can finish this d**k measuring contest?

Reactions: LukaDuka and 2D_
I coached against this kid this year. Hes good but he is NOT the number 1 ranked QB in 2024. He was surrounded with 4 and 5 stars. When I say surrounded, I mean they have probably 4-6 power 5 kids on each side of the ball. They took an early exit from the playoffs this year as well, so he really didnt get to play on the biggest stage in Georgia. I would argue that our kid, Hecklinski(Walton HS), is the number 1 QB in Georgia. I would put Riaola as the number 3 best QB in Georgia behind the aforementioned Hecklinski and the Lewis kid from Carrollton.
Riaola kid played at 4 high schools in 4 years. Whoever he signs with wont be the only school he attends. He was banking on both UGA back up QBs transferring and Beck turning pro. Beck is most likely returning and only one back up QB transferred. He was not going to have a chance to play at UGA early. Dont want to dog the kid, but I have heard he runs from competition.

Yeah, big $ had nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuthing to do with it, lol.
I am 1,000% aware that money is a large part of this.

I’m crediting these programs for doing everything in their power to get [potentially] game-changers to sign on.

Do what you gotta do. Pony up the dollars.

Again, talking to Iowa fans is just different. I talked to ISU fans all of the time when we were both in the B12. Oklahoma fans, Texas fans. I don't remember any of those conversations being negative in tone But Iowa fans and I would say Missouri fans, too, are just a different breed. Maybe Colorado too. Maybe it's teams with black & gold colors. I don't know, but there is always lots and lots of hate and it's just hilarious.

You realize it works both ways with fans. I live in Western Iowa and listened to Nebraska ridicule for most of the 70’s and 80’s and 90’s. The worm has turned and you don’t like it. Not much fun being on the bottom is it?

To be honest if Iowa picked up 2 5star Qb's this week there would be a bit of bragging on this board. Nobody has committed yet but their brand is still strong enough, with NIL, for these players to consider them. Iowa needs to be all in on NIL, period.
Obviously, I'm excited about this being a string possibility (pulling in two 5 stars). A top qb can completely change the trajectory of program.

Because of NU's past status, there is certainly still a LOT of "old money" to line the coffers of the NIL initiative. Basically, NU probably has the ability to buy themselves back into relevancy and erase 20 years of complete incompetence. Probably not 90s type of success, but at least relevancy.....and on occasion...at least be in the national conversation.

While I certainly want to see that, I kind of hate where college football is right now....and where it may be headed. It goes COMPLETELY against the whole idea of "leveling the playing field for everyone", which was the initial claim for limiting to 85.

If some type of cap per player....and overall per institution is not put in place, you're only going to see the same twelve schools (generally) in the playoff mix. Jmho.

Anyway.....I really popped in here to say good luck in your bowl game, but got sucked into this thread. Lol. While I am certainly not an Iowa fan, I respect what the Iowa program is. So, best of luck! That defense should keep Iowa in most games.

Obviously, I'm excited about this being a string possibility (pulling in two 5 stars). A top qb can completely change the trajectory of program.

Because of NU's past status, there is certainly still a LOT of "old money" to line the coffers of the NIL initiative. Basically, NU probably has the ability to buy themselves back into relevancy and erase 20 years of complete incompetence. Probably not 90s type of success, but at least relevancy.....and on occasion...at least be in the national conversation.

While I certainly want to see that, I kind of hate where college football is right now....and where it may be headed. It goes COMPLETELY against the whole idea of "leveling the playing field for everyone", which was the initial claim for limiting to 85.

If some type of cap per player....and overall per institution is not put in place, you're only going to see the same twelve schools (generally) in the playoff mix. Jmho.

Anyway.....I really popped in here to say good luck in your bowl game, but got sucked into this thread. Lol. While I am certainly not an Iowa fan, I respect what the Iowa program is. So, best of luck! That defense should keep Iowa in most games.
How's that working out for A&M?

The reason Nebraska has sucked so hard for 20 years is because they don't have an identity as a program or a winning culture. Nebby teams are constantly beating themselves through penalties and bone-headed plays.

That continued into this season but now they think bringing in a bunch of expensive transfers is going to "erase 20 years of complete incompetence" and fix everything. LOL please never change, Nebby fans!

Reactions: chaneccooms
You realize it works both ways with fans. I live in Western Iowa and listened to Nebraska ridicule for most of the 70’s and 80’s and 90’s. The worm has turned and you don’t like it. Not much fun being on the bottom is it?
I'm not worried about Iowa fans being next to impossible to discuss football with. I was just pointing out that - most of the time - if anyone brings up the 90s or whatever - it's actually the Iowa fan. Fans of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, Auburn (and I have spent many months in these places for work since 2012) don't. Just Iowa fans. Well and Missouri fans. So you guys are like Missouri fans. You're our new Missouri fans. Congrats.

They are much more likely to bust at Nebraska. Much

I'm not worried about Iowa fans being next to impossible to discuss football with. I was just pointing out that - most of the time - if anyone brings up the 90s or whatever - it's actually the Iowa fan. Fans of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, Auburn (and I have spent many months in these places for work since 2012) don't. Just Iowa fans. Well and Missouri fans. So you guys are like Missouri fans. You're our new Missouri fans. Congrats.
You are the new Iowa State fans. Congrats. I have never met a Neb fan that didn’t bring up the 90s. Need to move out of the trailer park, bro.

If Iowa fans are so miserable - and now you’re retired - living on the beach and traveling the world. Is this REALLY the best thing you have to do with your day?

You are the new Iowa State fans. Congrats. I have never met a Neb fan that didn’t bring up the 90s. Need to move out of the trailer park, bro.
A. Learn how to copy & paste and respond to the correct person.
2. I am not moving out of the trailer park.
C. I can talk to an Iowa State fan for an hour and the 90s won't come up.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
If Iowa fans are so miserable - and now you’re retired - living on the beach and traveling the world. Is this REALLY the best thing you have to do with your day?
2. I wish that I was retired but I'm only 50.
C. If I had the money to just hang out on a beach and travel, I'd take an ISU fan with me so that we could talk some real football talk.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
2. I am not moving out of the trailer park.
C. I can talk to an Iowa State fan for an hour and the 90s won't come up.
A. No
2. I know you can’t
C. You both suck. By the time you guys are done talking about who you would beat if the game was a different time of year, and how awesome winning between dec and sept is, the hour is up.

• Haha
Reactions: singlet
C. If I had the money to just hang out on a beach and travel, I'd take an ISU fan with me so that we could talk some real football talk.
I'll preface this by saying I haven't read the entire thread, but who are these mega donors that are Husker contributors?

A couple names???

TIA

I'll preface this by saying I haven't read the entire thread, but who are these mega donors that are Husker contributors?

A couple names???

TIA
I have no idea. I'm not tied in like that. I just cheer for the team.

A. No
2. I know you can’t
C. You both suck. By the time you guys are done talking about who you would beat if the game was a different time of year, and how awesome winning between dec and sept is, the hour is up.
I'm going to give you props for point C. That was actually good.

Again, talking to Iowa fans is just different. I talked to ISU fans all of the time when we were both in the B12. Oklahoma fans, Texas fans. I don't remember any of those conversations being negative in tone But Iowa fans and I would say Missouri fans, too, are just a different breed. Maybe Colorado too. Maybe it's teams with black & gold colors. I don't know, but there is always lots and lots of hate and it's just hilarious.
Well...you may as well enjoy something during football season.

Though it may not be announced until after signing day.

Last edited:
Now they might be getting even another 5* WR.

Some dude who got in trouble at A&M.

So that's 2 5* QB's and 2 5* WR's.

I am 1,000% aware that money is a large part of this.

I’m crediting these programs for doing everything in their power to get [potentially] game-changers to sign on.

Do what you gotta do. Pony up the dollars.
I am a Swarm member, but I am not a billionaire. If I was we would be lined with 5 stars.

Yep. Maybe he will be back on the team next fall if he is out on parole.
As I said, until Nebraska figures out that they have a culture problem, nothing is going to change. Adding a bunch of transfer athletes chasing a bag isn’t going to magically change their culture and the loser mentality in Lincoln. This applies to admins, boosters, fans, etc.

I hope they keep spending all their money on these type of castoffs lol.

“I'd take an ISU fan with me so that we could talk some real football talk.”
Why wouldn’t you? Talking to a fan of a team with no history and no success would be easy. They can’t really contribute much. Keep taking the easy path.

“I'd take an ISU fan with me so that we could talk some real football talk.”
Why wouldn’t you? Talking to a fan of a team with no history and no success would be easy. They can’t really contribute much. Keep taking the easy path.
Iowa fans - like Missouri fans of yore - are almost happier to talk about other teams losing than anything that the Hawkeyes have actually done. You checking out your 12-0 (minus the next 2 losses) ring as you type this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT