ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Flipped #1 QB

Nebby fans and its media never care if a recruit is the right culture fit - it's all about the stars and rankings in Lincoln.
The jury is still out on Rhule building a roster. As I said before....we will find out if he is a career. 500 coach...or a program builder.

Definitely under the Frost years...and maybe to an extent some years prior to that, I can't disagree with that statement. That's why you end up with a roster of 16 receivers with nobody to block for them.

Anytime a coach says shit like, "You better get us now"....or "The rest of the BIG will have to adjust to us", you know you might be in deep shit. Cringeworthy statements. Lol

This is the Iowa fan we've all come to know and love
No Way Omg GIF by St. Louis Blues
Hockey picture on a football board by a poster with a wrestling name. Solid work

Reactions: chuck285
The jury is still out on Rhule building a roster. As I said before....we will find out if he is a career. 500 coach...or a program builder.

Definitely under the Frost years...and maybe to an extent some years prior to that, I can't disagree with that statement. That's why you end up with a roster of 16 receivers with nobody to block for them.

Anytime a coach says shit like, "You better get us now"....or "The rest of the BIG will have to adjust to us", you know you might be in deep shit. Cringeworthy statements. Lol
I agree - talk is cheap and it really just puts a target on your team’s back.

Personally, I think Rhule is a very good football coach and is the right guy for the job. I just hope (er, actually I don’t) Nebraska gives him the time to build a culture without the admins, boosters, or media trying to meddle their way into program decisions or put pressure on to fire him if the turnaround doesn’t happen as quickly as they’d like.

Nebraska cares way too much about its football program for it to be bad forever but they also have to show a little patience. You can’t build and sustain a winning culture turning things over every 4-5 years.

I’ve said it a million times but talent has never been the issue in Lincoln. It’s the lack of culture and identity in the football building. I think Rhule will figure it out.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I’ve said it a million times but talent has never been the issue in Lincoln. It’s the lack of culture and identity in the football building. I think Rhule will figure it out.
It all depends on how Nebraska fans define "figure it out". If they think it means going 12-0 and competing for national championships again, then Rhule will be gone in 5 years or so. It won't take Nebraska to fire him, he'll say these people are nuts with their unrealistic expectations, and will go on to greener pastures. If the fans think it means going 9-3, then that could happen in time, maybe even occasionally beating Iowa.

If you are that ****ing stupid I don't know what to tell you, a bag man is someone coming with a larger offer...You are a Debby fan though, it is expected.
"Bagman" is an anachronism in 2023. That you don't know this does not surprise me.

It all depends on how Nebraska fans define "figure it out". If they think it means going 12-0 and competing for national championships again, then Rhule will be gone in 5 years or so. It won't take Nebraska to fire him, he'll say these people are nuts with their unrealistic expectations, and will go on to greener pastures. If the fans think it means going 9-3, then that could happen in time, maybe even occasionally beating Iowa.
Absolutely. The 90s will never be replicated again in Lincoln, so they better get that idea out of their heads and recalibrate their expectations.

There is no reason Nebraska shouldn’t win 7-10 games a year with an occasional 10+ win season and a playoff appearance (12-teams) peppered in every five years or so - but that’s the new ceiling for Nebby. Basically the exact same as Iowa’s.

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
Hey Singlet
Honest question - you’re obviously very invested in Nebraska football and you obviously hate Iowa. So why don’t you just spend your time on the Nebraska board discussing your first love with like minded people? I just can’t figure out why you’re here when Iowa is so beneath you.

Hey Singlet
Honest question - you’re obviously very invested in Nebraska football and you obviously hate Iowa. So why don’t you just spend your time on the Nebraska board discussing your first love with like minded people? I just can’t figure out why you’re here when Iowa is so beneath you.
I like the banter. Iowa fans are pretty funny. Like I said, you're our new Missouri.

Weird, little Debbie was so sure they'd get both QBs. In fact, they were saying it's practically guaranteed.

It's almost like they're totally full of shit?

You should learn to blow harder >

Pssssst....Muhzurrah is bowl bound, homo husker!
Nebraska has been below .500 for seven seasons in a row and counting. They are the epitome of irrelevant.

If it weren’t for Iowa fans, no one would talk about Nebraska. No one.

People just need to STFU about Nebraska. At this point, honestly, who cares? I guarantee you Missouri fans don’t.

Iowa has beaten Nebraska nine of the last eleven games. Nebraska has been about as much Iowa’s bitch as Iowa State has. And yet, they are the most talked about team on this board. Why?

Have only gotten thought 3 pages, but would like give my 2cents worth.
Nebby has the big 3 to sell recruits and transfers.
1. Good coach ( does he have a good staff?)
2.playing time
3. A ton of money to throw around. $$$

Lots of pressure to play a guy right away if you are gonna pay him a couple mill to come to town.
Yep. It’s not like Nebraska is Texas who can let Arch Manning sit in year one and learn.

The funny thing is Nebraska has been getting a lot of highly ranked recruits for a long time now. They still find ways to lose games.

You would think eventually some coach is going to get Nebraska back to being at least decent. I’m sure their fans will let everyone know “they’re back” the first 9-4 season they have. Can’t wait.

Yep. It’s not like Nebraska is Texas who can let Arch Manning sit in year one and learn.

The funny thing is Nebraska has been getting a lot of highly ranked recruits for a long time now. They still find ways to lose games.

You would think eventually some coach is going to get Nebraska back to being at least decent. I’m sure their fans will let everyone know “they’re back” the first 9-4 season they have. Can’t wait.
“The funny thing is Nebraska has been getting a lot of highly ranked recruits for a long time now. They still find ways to lose games.”
But this time it’s different. This coach is different!!!! They really mean it this time!!! For real!!!

“The funny thing is Nebraska has been getting a lot of highly ranked recruits for a long time now. They still find ways to lose games.”
But this time it’s different. This coach is different!!!! They really mean it this time!!! For real!!!
And Nebraska is a paradise! Who would not want to go there!

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
This is getting cock eyed like the NFL used to be if they will throw over a million at a high school senior to get him to come.

I don't think nebraska has the privilege of saying that to anyone the past 20 years.

Even Northwestern can say unL is little brother.
Again, this is why it's fun to talk to Iowa fans. I didn't say anything about big brother / little brother. That kind of talk is lazy and kind of stupid. I said that talking to you guys is like talking to Missouri fans from days of yore. When I say this, it means that at least a pretty large plurality of Iowa fans seem take more joy in other teams losing than they do in Iowa winning.

Again, this is why it's fun to talk to Iowa fans. I didn't say anything about big brother / little brother. That kind of talk is lazy and kind of stupid. I said that talking to you guys is like talking to Missouri fans from days of yore. When I say this, it means that at least a pretty large plurality of Iowa fans seem take more joy in other teams losing than they do in Iowa winning.
I don’t think that’s completely true. But I do love watching Franklin and fleck lose… also, have you seen how iowa wins???? It’s not the most fun to watch that’s forsure.

Anyone worried about Nebraska needs to remember Matt Rhule is still the HC.

Anyone else beside me laugh at his play calling and clock mgmt this season?

You can have good players and highly rated recruits coming in and still suck.
That's still Husker football.
He has proven to be a subpar game manager.

Frost is Iowa’s OC.

Frost is Iowa’s OC.
If he ends up being the OC at Iowa, I could actually see him being successful in that role. He's just not a HC. He doesn't have that attention to detail that it takes to be a HC. Imo, that's the reason things went from bad to worse from Riley to Frost.

...and that's why you lose almost every single one score game you are in.

He has proven to be a subpar game manager.
There were a couple of head scratchers irt clock management. I remember losing my shit on NU's last drive in the first half of the Illinios game. Lol.

Still, I think he is building a pretty good culture. So, like I said....the jury is still out on him.

Anyway....I'm on the Iowa board. I don't want to hijack a thread talking all about Nebraska.

So, I'm actually curious....
What do you all think about a Scott Frost hire as OC, if it happens? If not, what kind of offense would you all like to see at Iowa?

I'll admit....I think SF could do a decent job as an OC, but Iowa seems like a weird fit to me. It's just not the offense that I think Ferentz would be very comfortable running. Jmo.

Wanting your own to win and certain other teams to lose Is not real unusual in most any fan base.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Nebraska has been below .500 for seven seasons in a row and counting. They are the epitome of irrelevant.

If it weren’t for Iowa fans, no one would talk about Nebraska. No one.

People just need to STFU about Nebraska. At this point, honestly, who cares? I guarantee you Missouri fans don’t.

Iowa has beaten Nebraska nine of the last eleven games. Nebraska has been about as much Iowa’s bitch as Iowa State has. And yet, they are the most talked about team on this board. Why?

This.

Why they are brought up constantly and why do people respond when they show up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT