ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Flipped #1 QB

Not sure what this is doing on the Iowa board, but with that said, they deserve credit for reeling in a big time legacy recruit that could possibly change their fortunes.

Reactions: wkato
I don’t understand why Raiola would go to neb when they don’t have the pieces in place like Georgia. If it’s JUST the $$ - it’s a sad portrait of our country. And Raiola…..
His dad played at Nebraska, so I understand why he’d like to go there. My question is: was his dad anti-Frost (and were they teammates)?

Once the current Georgia QB announced he was returning, I'm sure Raiola started looking for a new home.
Would guess he wanted a guarantee that he'd start on Day 1.

Sounds like a family situation that most schools wouldn't tolerate.

But Nebby is desperate, so they sold their soul.

Kid is gonna learn real fast that the surrounding cast in Lincoln is a slight level below.

I think he will have a promising year at Nebraska before hitting the portal. He will do well. The team won’t. He will want a bigger pay day and a chance to win.

On one hand, it’s a lot to ask by putting all eggs in one basket with a freshman QB and big NIL spend. He could blow a knee. Be could be a bust. He could opt for a bigger payday after year one. But then again, it’s id rather have that big fish than not. A top tier QB can absolutely raise an entire team’s performance and compete for a conference title. I thought Adrian Martinez would do that for them after seeing his freshman year. Turns out Frost was a poor total-team builder. Rhule on the other hand seems to have the defensive side figured out.

Side note - Nebraska has a very favorable schedule next year imo. They could start 7-0, gain confidence and experience, and create some momentum going into their challenging back-end schedule.

I’m not saying it’s likely, but at some point the stars just might align for them.

Oh my bad "12-0" talk. We don't talk like that though. We would have been happy with 8 wins this year. No matter if it's 12-0 or the 90s, it's still Iowa fans projecting for some reason. I haven't met one Iowa fan who isn't miserable.
Then why are you here?

Do you actually think this kid is gonna have a big year as a true freshman in the Big Ten? Have you seen Nebby’s 2024 schedule?

I don’t see it lol.
Not at all. I think he will be a redshirt year one. Then he can play a year and leave. The kid and his family has been jumping from one school to the next. The, he commits and backs out w Georgia. I don’t think for one second he stays at Nebby unless he is a bust.

This family is going to cash in.

On one hand, it’s a lot to ask by putting all eggs in one basket with a freshman QB and big NIL spend. He could blow a knee. Be could be a bust. He could opt for a bigger payday after year one. But then again, it’s id rather have that big fish than not. A top tier QB can absolutely raise an entire team’s performance and compete for a conference title. I thought Adrian Martinez would do that for them after seeing his freshman year. Turns out Frost was a poor total-team builder. Rhule on the other hand seems to have the defensive side figured out.

Side note - Nebraska has a very favorable schedule next year imo. They could start 7-0, gain confidence and experience, and create some momentum going into their challenging back-end schedule.

I’m not saying it’s likely, but at some point the stars just might align for them.
Want to make a bet?

And after those first 7 games there’s a very high chance they lose out.

Part of the story:
After putting up dominant numbers for Burleson High School in Texas, Raiola played last season at Chandler High School before committing to Pinnacle High School in Phoenix in December.

Something happened at Chandler High School and something like 10 players besides DR were leaving the team for other schools.

Despite never playing a game for Pinnacle, Raiola's departure was expected. Raiola had not yet been given a hardship from the Arizona Interscholastic Association, meaning he could have been ineligible to play in Pinnacle's first half of the regular season. A ruling wouldn't be made until a week before the season began, and facing uncertainty, the Raiola family moved to Georgia so he wouldn't miss any time for his senior season.
Nothing out of the ordinary happened at Chandler, lets put that one to bed. 6 freshman and 2 sophomores (none of which had ever played a varsity down) transferred to Chandler Prep here in Chandler, 3 juniors transferred including Dylan.

The fact of the matter is Dominic Raiola had difficulty accepting that he could not dictate his desires to staff. Staff of a Top 25 nationally ranked High School football program 8 of the past 10 years. Chandler HS, Hamilton HS, Basha HS and others in the Chandler Unified School District are not Burleson HS.

The decision to transfer from Chandler was not exclusively decided by the Raiola's. Dominic felt he could hardship his son's case to the AIA and avoid the 5 game suspension. Their appeal case was slated for August 15th, well before then Dylan was already enrolled at Buford HS in Georgia.

This kid is a good HS QB. He played behind one of the top HS Olines in the Country here. His season numbers were about half of what he put up at Burleson.

I sense his father, days after hiring an agent and meeting with Georgia staff, once again tried to dictate, and could not accept what he was told. Leading to the newest commitment.

Last edited:
Not at all. I think he will be a redshirt year one. Then he can play a year and leave.
If he redshirts, I’m betting he never plays at down in Lincoln.

This entire move has nothing to do with “restoring the glory” in Lincoln as many Nebby fans want to believe. It’s all about Dylan and early playing time. This kid and his dad will hightail it to another school the second things don’t go his way.

Good luck to Nebby on this one.

I’d be pretty pumped landing #1 5 Star QB but let’s be honest these are the types of off season things Nebraska thumps it’s chest over and like anything they touch high star or coaching wise it turns out to be a complete train wreck. We will see on way or the other.

If he redshirts, I’m betting he never plays at down in Lincoln.

This entire move has nothing to do with “restoring the glory” in Lincoln as many Nebby fans want to believe. It’s all about Dylan and early playing time. This kid and his dad will hightail it to another school the second things don’t go his way.

Good luck to Nebby on this one.
This has train wreck written all over it.

Once McCord gave Nebby a big FU, the Raiola's had leverage for an increased NIL.

Good chance Rhule had to pay >$2M.

They better get an O Line also or he won’t make it to the end of the season.
Nebraska’s o line isn’t bad. Hell, they held Iowa to maybe like one sack. And then Iowa wreaked havoc on Michigan’s o-line a week later. Nebraska just had quarterbacks that turn the ball over when they feel a slight wind and lack of playmakers on offense.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
This has train wreck written all over it.
Very much so. If his dad is the asshat he seems to be micromanaging his kid, 3 high schools in 3 states and also, who decommits from both Ohio St and GA? Agree that I think they tried to strong arm both those schools and neither one would have it. The family then realized he could play immediately on that shit offense and became Husker fans again. This is going to blow way up.

To Nebraska and their fans…

taken-liamneeson.gif

Very much so. If his dad is the asshat he seems to be micromanaging his kid, 3 high schools in 3 states and also, who decommits from both Ohio St and GA? Agree that I think they tried to strong arm both those schools and neither one would have it. The family then realized he could play immediately on that shit offense and became Husker fans again. This is going to blow way up.
This is honestly how I see it playing out. Big money, lots of promises made, helicopter father, history of showing zero loyalty to his school or team. What could go wrong?

Also, I’m not saying Nebby fans shouldn’t be excited about this - I certainly would if I were them. But it’s not the automatic thing they think it is - the expectations the Nebby faithful has already put on this kid is insane. I’m not sure he truly understands the Husker fanbase - he’ll find out soon enough.

Restore the glory! 😂

Reactions: littlez
Casey Thompson has returned and could walk on with NIL to be insurance QB..along with Purdy and Herbert and the other QB recruit...they are stocked at QB.

They won't start 7-0. Raiola won't even be the best QB on the field when they face Colorado.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened at Chandler, lets put that one to bed. 6 freshman and 2 sophomores (none of which had ever played a varsity down) transferred to Chandler Prep here in Chandler, 3 juniors transferred including Dylan.

The fact of the matter is Dominic Raiola had difficulty accepting that he could not dictate his desires to staff. Staff of a Top 25 nationally ranked High School football program 8 of the past 10 years. Chandler HS, Hamilton HS, Basha HS and others in the Chandler Unified School District are not Burleson HS.

The decision to transfer from Chandler was not exclusively decided by the Raiola's. Dominic felt he could hardship his son's case to the AIA and avoid the 5 game suspension. Their appeal case was slated for August 15th, well before then Dylan was already enrolled at Buford HS in Georgia.

This kid is a good HS QB. He played behind one of the top HS Olines in the Country here. His season numbers were about half of what he put up at Burleson.

I sense his father, days after hiring an agent and meeting with Georgia staff, once again tried to dictate, and could not accept what he was told. Leading to the newest commitment.

Opinion on your part. The only opinion from me was the Chandler portion, the rest is posted on multiple news sights. Either way, makes no difference to me as I was just answering the question asked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT