ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Flipped #1 QB

Again, this is why it's fun to talk to Iowa fans. I didn't say anything about big brother / little brother. That kind of talk is lazy and kind of stupid. I said that talking to you guys is like talking to Missouri fans from days of yore. When I say this, it means that at least a pretty large plurality of Iowa fans seem take more joy in other teams losing than they do in Iowa winning.
' more joy in other teams losing ' funny you say that about Iowa fans . I lived in Omaha for 10 years . If you took a poll on your boards or in your neighborhood on who Neb fans 'second or third favorite teams are , you would hardly get any answers because their hatred for everybody else is or so ev er present.
I mean ,they have always hated Oklahoma, then Missouri, Colorado, K State, N Dame , . Of course they hated alll the Florida teams that beat them in bowl games . They even hated Iowa before they got to the big ten . So singlet , don't come over here and tell us we take pride in other teams losing because if you had your choice you would hope every team loses every game . I did learn fast while over there that Neb had according to them , the best fans, the best facilities,, the refs were always against them , the schedulers were always against them . My gosh ..dont even

Reactions: kwik44
I witnessed and thoroughly enjoyed all 5 National Titles, I'll die a happy man no matter what the future holds, I'll living on house money!
Iowa was a national power back in the 50's... when they handed out bags of cash like Nebby did during their Blueblood years.

There were a couple of head scratchers irt clock management. I remember losing my shit on NU's last drive in the first half of the Illinios game. Lol.

Still, I think he is building a pretty good culture. So, like I said....the jury is still out on him.

Anyway....I'm on the Iowa board. I don't want to hijack a thread talking all about Nebraska.

So, I'm actually curious....
What do you all think about a Scott Frost hire as OC, if it happens? If not, what kind of offense would you all like to see at Iowa?

I'll admit....I think SF could do a decent job as an OC, but Iowa seems like a weird fit to me. It's just not the offense that I think Ferentz would be very comfortable running. Jmo.

I would be extremely shocked if Frost was hired as the new OC. Character is such a huge part of Iowa's football culture and I'm not sure his character traits would be a good fit.

That, and I think Scott is an alcoholic with a lot of baggage in tow.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
' more joy in other teams losing ' funny you say that about Iowa fans . I lived in Omaha for 10 years . If you took a poll on your boards or in your neighborhood on who Neb fans 'second or third favorite teams are , you would hardly get any answers because their hatred for everybody else is or so ev er present.
I mean ,they have always hated Oklahoma, then Missouri, Colorado, K State, N Dame , . Of course they hated alll the Florida teams that beat them in bowl games . They even hated Iowa before they got to the big ten . So singlet , don't come over here and tell us we take pride in other teams losing because if you had your choice you would hope every team loses every game . I did learn fast while over there that Neb had according to them , the best fans, the best facilities,, the refs were always against them , the schedulers were always against them . My gosh ..dont even
Disagree on Oklahoma, Nebraska fans liked and respected them.

I would be extremely shocked if Frost was hired as the new OC. Character is such a huge part of Iowa's football culture and I'm not sure his character traits would be a good fit.

That, and I think Scott is an alcoholic with a lot of baggage in tow.
Agree with the first part of the highlighted.

The second part....I am not sure if it is so much "being an alcoholic", or giving a 42 yo that kind of money as being the second coming of TO. Rather than work, he believed his own hype and partied.

I don't think that would fly working under Ferentz.

The poster might have gleaned something from the joy that Iowa fans feel specifically in watching the Huskers lose. There is no more perfect football weekend than watching the Hawkeyes win and the Huskers lose. From that perspective it's been a pretty glorious 10 years, especially with respect to Black Friday.

Does that change the Ohio state Qb's decision on Nebraska? I guess he is a 1 year transfer. If they get both of those Rhule may prove to be the real deal. A lot of swing and misses in the past.
He has been there one year. How a lot of swings and misses in one year? Rhule recruits circles around KF. Just another season or two to fix the Frost mess.

He has been there one year. How a lot of swings and misses in one year? Rhule recruits circles around KF. Just another season or two to fix the Frost mess.

You guys remind of the dad in My big fat Greek wedding. Everything I mean everything good either came from Greece or Nebraska.

The names of the coaches are fairly interchangeable. Next year it will be staff changes, probably the OC, followed by another off season national championship. Throw in some ‘weight room results’ and ‘bringing back the glory’ tidbits and the cycle repeats itself.

I actually agree with you on Rhule. The guy can recruit. The swings and misses were prior staffs.

Oklahoma, no issues with them. I actually miss that game. Colorado and Missouri? A lot of jackass douchebags that would cut your tires or start shit for wearing the wrong colors on a road visit.

The rest of the old Big 8/12? I really had no issue with. I never went to an away game in Waco, A&M or TT, though. So....I really can't give an opinion about those three.

That is hilarious. Nebraska fans hated Oklahoma (still do) in the 60's and 70's. I grew up amongst many Neb. fans. I hated Oklahoma too, and rooted for Nebraska when they played them.
Every fan base has their assholes as does Nebraska. Stop with the made up bullshit.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
Oklahoma, no issues with them. I actually miss that game. Colorado and Missouri? A lot of jackass douchebags that would cut your tires or start shit for wearing the wrong colors on a road visit.

The rest of the old Big 8/12? I really had no issue with. I never went to an away game in Waco, A&M or TT, though. So....I really can't give an opinion about those three.
Hard to have issues with teams when you were beating them 77-3. Just admit that it is tough when teams you used to run the score up on are now beating you on a regular basis. Entirely different dynamic. Iowa fans lived through a couple of decades of ridicule from other programs and it was no fun. Nebraska fans are finding that out now.

Looks like their original QB commit canceled MSU visit and is staying on with unL.

McCord to Syracuse.
Fleming to Penn State.
Raiola has a bidding war going on.

Could the unL media & goofy fanbase jumped the gun, again?? Color me shocked...

Reactions: Legs94
Alot of their 4 stars weren't exactly the 4 stars everyone else was after. unL has star fished for years now, to appease the fanbase & their goofy media.
I think there is a lot of truth to this comment. I have often said all four stars are not created equal. Development has also been a major problem.

Reactions: kwik44
Looks like their original QB commit canceled MSU visit and is staying on with unL.

McCord to Syracuse.
Fleming to Penn State.
Raiola has a bidding war going on.

Could the unL media & goofy fanbase jumped the gun, again?? Color me shocked...
I suspect Huskers will not be outbid for this legacy recruit...fix is in. Helluva get for NU.

Has played for multiple high schools. On his way to his 3rd school he’s committed to before ever stepping foot on campus as a student. Odds are the kid doesn’t end his career to where he commits to. Won’t be shocked come 25’ or 26’ seasons if he’s on to his next school with his 5* ego if he has to sit initially or playing for an irrelevant 5-7/6-6 team that is an after thought.

As for those argument would never leave being a legacy all I have to say is look at Bo Nix. Dad played qb at auburn and he still left and flourished after 2 years playing for not very great auburn teams.

Obviously I could be wrong but I'm not sold on the kid. Multiple HS's and multiple decommits. Obviously he is talented but seems like a frontrunner. Plays for a good school in GA and didnt win the title. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he faces a tough game or adversity.

Obviously I could be wrong but I'm not sold on the kid. Multiple HS's and multiple decommits. Obviously he is talented but seems like a frontrunner. Plays for a good school in GA and didnt win the title. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he faces a tough game or adversity.
Except people who know, know that his OL was bad and WR’s dropped a lot of easy passes. Georgia has very good HS football and teams with just a couple great players aren’t going to win if they don’t win in the trenches. Some very talented teams down there with the best QB’s don’t win titles. Julian Lewis who some regard as the best HS QB regardless of class lost in the same round as Raiola and Buford.

Except people who know, know that his OL was bad and WR’s dropped a lot of easy passes. Georgia has very good HS football and teams with just a couple great players aren’t going to win if they don’t win in the trenches. Some very talented teams down there with the best QB’s don’t win titles. Julian Lewis who some regard as the best HS QB regardless of class lost in the same round as Raiola and Buford.
That's fine but what is with the constant moving around? Does he want things easy or whats the deal?

Has played for multiple high schools. On his way to his 3rd school he’s committed to before ever stepping foot on campus as a student. Odds are the kid doesn’t end his career to where he commits to. Won’t be shocked come 25’ or 26’ seasons if he’s on to his next school with his 5* ego if he has to sit initially or playing for an irrelevant 5-7/6-6 team that is an after thought.

As for those argument would never leave being a legacy all I have to say is look at Bo Nix. Dad played qb at auburn and he still left and flourished after 2 years playing for not very great auburn teams.

My thoughts exactly. This kid smells like a nightmare, but I'm sure we'll be seeing this sort of thing every year. He could very well be using Neb just to get GA to pony up more money.

Either way, if he doesn't play immediately he'll be in the portal in 25 or 26 looking for his next big deal.

I actually agree with you on Rhule. The guy can recruit. The swings and misses were prior staffs.
Now days any coach can recruit if they have a bunch of rich NIL people willing to buy players......JTT
Just the truth....How much did Neb. spend on their new QB?

McCord to Syracuse, Texas wins women’s volleyball championship, and Railoa likely to stay with Georgia….

shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

It’s not that we relish your loses, it’s the arrogance in your arrival and tone when you constantly put Iowa fans down for being Iowa fans that makes us love when your programs fail over and over again in such dramatic fashion.

McCord to Syracuse, Texas wins women’s volleyball championship, and Railoa likely to stay with Georgia….
Is there a confirmed link to this? I would be jacked if this were the case, but I am not sure I see it happening. I saw a link discussing Thompson back to Debby, not sure if there is any weight to that either.

Is there a confirmed link to this? I would be jacked if this were the case, but I am not sure I see it happening. I saw a link discussing Thompson back to Debby, not sure if there is any weight to that either.
It is inevitable that this will happen and he stays with the sure thing in Georgia. Hell of a lot easier to be the qb there with 4/5 star talent at offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends, and running back than at Nebraska where he will be running for his life with each snap of the ball.

Part of the story:
After putting up dominant numbers for Burleson High School in Texas, Raiola played last season at Chandler High School before committing to Pinnacle High School in Phoenix in December.

Something happened at Chandler High School and something like 10 players besides DR were leaving the team for other schools.

Despite never playing a game for Pinnacle, Raiola's departure was expected. Raiola had not yet been given a hardship from the Arizona Interscholastic Association, meaning he could have been ineligible to play in Pinnacle's first half of the regular season. A ruling wouldn't be made until a week before the season began, and facing uncertainty, the Raiola family moved to Georgia so he wouldn't miss any time for his senior season.

Reactions: wadeo24
It is inevitable that this will happen and he stays with the sure thing in Georgia. Hell of a lot easier to be the qb there with 4/5 star talent at offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends, and running back than at Nebraska where he will be running for his life with each snap of the ball.
Well it’s official he flipped to Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT