ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska TEs that Iowa Recruited

percyland

HB MVP
Apr 16, 2011
I never can understand why any college football prospect would consider that dumpster fire of a program but especially at TE prospect over Iowa. A few years back we had some recruiting battles with little Debbie with the likes of Thomas Fidone. Who was unfortunately injured a lot and hasn't quite recovered and has NE fans already doubting him. Then there was a James Carnie who I was high on and almost an Iowa lock until NE came in with a late offer. He now hit the transfer portal in the spring and hasn't found anywhere to go. Then there was Chris Hickman who was that Henrich's teammate in HS that was also recruited by Iowa but chose NE and now has left the team. Makes you wonder if there was any regret.

I know Iowa does a good job of developing TEs but I don't understand how we can't get higher recruits when we throw to TEs 2x as much as WRs. And the highest paid TEs in the NFL come from Iowa.

Some kids just like to go to schools that were good when their dads were young!

Maybe they thought there were better chances to see the field earlier at downtrodden programs like Nebraska?

Maybe the kids are just stupid?

I never can understand why any college football prospect would consider that dumpster fire of a program but especially at TE prospect over Iowa. A few years back we had some recruiting battles with little Debbie with the likes of Thomas Fidone. Who was unfortunately injured a lot and hasn't quite recovered and has NE fans already doubting him. Then there was a James Carnie who I was high on and almost an Iowa lock until NE came in with a late offer. He now hit the transfer portal in the spring and hasn't found anywhere to go. Then there was Chris Hickman who was that Henrich's teammate in HS that was also recruited by Iowa but chose NE and now has left the team. Makes you wonder if there was any regret.

I know Iowa does a good job of developing TEs but I don't understand how we can't get higher recruits when we throw to TEs 2x as much as WRs. And the highest paid TEs in the NFL come from Iowa.
Because they are stupid. If you ever checkout Fi-DONE's twitter, you will find he is one of the simplest SOBs to ever walk upright....when he's not getting knocked on his ass.....

The tight end thing is perplexing given Iowa's unparalleled success with putting them in the league. You'd think that TE recruits would be beating the door down but that's not the case. Not every recruit has NFL placement as the number one thing they're looking for. Most of them are looking for things like overall team success and cultural fit along with connection to a coach. The Iowa offense might be good for tight ends specifically but I'm sure opposing schools are using Iowa's dysfunctional offense and the racial discrimination cases (of which Brian was a party to) against them. That's what I'd be doing anyways.

Classic Nebraska board east thread.

Imagine if online forums had existed in the 80s and 90s. You’d have never been over here trolling. Why would you have bothered? You’d have had big things to talk about in regard to your own program. We don’t have an every day Michigan troll here. We don’t have an every day Ohio State troll here. We don’t have an every day Penn State troll here. We seldom see any at all. Yet, here you are. Every day. Honestly, look what you and your program have been reduced to. It’s sad man.

In hindsight, maybe some of our success comes from missing out in these guys🤷‍♂️

Ask around there’s a bunch of smart guys on here who think they’ve got it figured out 😂

Imagine if online forums had existed in the 80s and 90s. You’d have never been over here trolling. Why would you have bothered? You’d have had big things to talk about in regard to your own program. We don’t have an every day Michigan troll here. We don’t have an every day Ohio State troll here. We don’t have an every day Penn State troll here. We seldom see any at all. Yet, here you are. Every day. Honestly, look what you and your program have been reduced to. It’s sad man.

It’s honestly shocking

The tight end thing is perplexing given Iowa's unparalleled success with putting them in the league. You'd think that TE recruits would be beating the door down but that's not the case. Not every recruit has NFL placement as the number one thing they're looking for. Most of them are looking for things like overall team success and cultural fit along with connection to a coach. The Iowa offense might be good for tight ends specifically but I'm sure opposing schools are using Iowa's dysfunctional offense and the racial discrimination cases (of which Brian was a party to) against them. That's what I'd be doing anyways.

I don’t think the racial stuff has the greatest legs at this point in time… And they shockingly still sign a lot of good players for the dysfunctional offense thing to be working very well!

It still is shocking to me how many good things his players continually stay about him considering how loud and obnoxious a certain segment of our fans are you talk about a disconnect…..yowza!!

Players, seemingly love him 20% of our fans want him gone

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan

It’s honestly shocking

Just put him on ignore, Don’t give him the attention he craves.

• Haha
I know folks on this board love their rivals recruiting stars, but I'll take Lachey and All over any highly-rated NE TE listed in this thread.
Not sure what you're getting at. All was a 4 star tight end, ranked #12 in the country on 247's composite. Lachey was a 4 star tight end ranked #11 on 247's composite. Those are pretty high aren't they?

• Haha
I don’t think the racial stuff has the greatest legs at this point in time… And they shockingly still sign a lot of good players for the dysfunctional offense thing to be working very well!

It still is shocking to me how many good things his players continually stay about him considering how loud and obnoxious a certain segment of our fans are you talk about a disconnect…..yowza!!

Players, seemingly love him 20% of our fans want him gone
Who are you talking about?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT