ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix - Our Father

A buddy did one of these and found he was ai conceived at a clinic in Cali via a serial donor. Has scores of half siblings he never knew of. There’s a whole Facebook page for them which continues to grow. Some get terribly disturbed by it.

Watched it last night as well. It was an interesting story but went on too long.

Here was what walked away thinking about…they were trying to find something to charge the guy with, and I couldn’t understand why the fathers that were there shooting blanks didn’t sue the guy under some kind of fraud statute. They were told they had sired their children but it was not true. He lied to them and it ruined their lives. Those were the people with damages, more so than the children.

Watched it last night as well. It was an interesting story but went on too long.

Here was what walked away thinking about…they were trying to find something to charge the guy with, and I couldn’t understand why the fathers that were there shooting blanks didn’t sue the guy under some kind of fraud statute. They were told they had sired their children but it was not true. He lied to them and it ruined their lives. Those were the people with damages, more so than the children.

Was thinking the exact same thing. I think a lot of the artificial inseminations were known to be someone other than the father (med students were the supposed donors), but it made it seem like a number of them thought that it was donated by the husband. Smells like fraud to me.

It did get a little long, but the kicker at the end where the one woman was his daughter unbeknownst to her and went to him for his obgyn services was the part that just showed how depraved this guy was. His little christian façade, the bullying by wearing a gun on his hip, his woe is me whining on the phone calls…he’s a total piece of shit. Also, that Jacoba was a dog with a bone - I’d hate to be in her crosshairs for anything!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT