ADVERTISEMENT

Never forget

Bro D

HR Legend
Nov 17, 2003
AR-301189994.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

#cs40forever

I will never forget. Read the book. Cried. Remember his last game. He was one in a million. Nobody did not love Chris.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
I remember waking up my Dad to tell him about Chris’s tragic death. It’s certainly in the top 5 of moments of my life that shook me to my core. I was completely crushed by the news.

I will also never forget the MSU game, the frantic and fernetic comeback that seemed beyond impossible. I was at work, watching the game, completely enraptured by the moment. There were hugs shared and the tears flowed freely.

And then, 3 days later, top 5 Michigan came to Carver. I don’t think a single team in America would have beaten Iowa that day. It was the most magical moment, at least to me, in Iowa basketball history. Thank you for the memories, Chris.

I used to have a cassette tape of Zabel's best calls, I think the University sold it? Anyway, I remember the MSU game was on there, and when it finally became clear Iowa would win in OT, Zabel broke down and said something like, "I could almost cry." Think everyone playing/listening/watching felt the same way.

The worst day of my life as an Iowa fan.

In any sport, there are wins and losses.

This was the worst Iowa loss ever.

Horrible loss. I remember I was in 6th grade about to go to sleep, had sportscenter on and Chris' face showed up on there so I turned the volume up. Couldn't sleep that night.

That last Gary Close comment gives me chills.

Street went out of his way to sign an autograph for me at his last Black and Gold Blowout (I was a "kid") and I can still picture that genuine smile as he signed my program and patted me on the back before heading out.

It's weird. its been 26 years and seeing threads like this and the videos again still choke me up.

I don't think Tom Davis or Gary Close will ever get over it. It's always going to be hard for them.

That last Gary Close comment gives me chills.

Street went out of his way to sign an autograph for me at his last Black and Gold Blowout (I was a "kid") and I can still picture that genuine smile as he signed my program and patted me on the back before heading out.
its crazy; Chris was just 20, about to turn 21.

I think Jordan is 20 or about to turn 21.

Chris would have been just 46 years old today. We will always remember him as that 20 year old kid and wonder "what if" he had made it to age 46.

Mike and Patty Street are a helluva lot stronger than I would have ever been.

its crazy; Chris was just 20, about to turn 21.

I think Jordan is 20 or about to turn 21.

Chris would have been just 46 years old today. We will always remember him as that 20 year old kid and wonder "what if" he had made it to age 46.

Mike and Patty Street are a helluva lot stronger than I would have ever been.

Jordan is 21 and turns 22 in June.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT