ADVERTISEMENT

New evidence suggests burial cloth ‘showing imprint of Jesus’ is REAL

One simple thing you are overlooking in asking those questions about innocent children being murdered is this, The Bible and Jesus himself stated that Satan the Devil is the ruler of this disaster of a world.
1John 5:19-" We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."
Jesus stated, "I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me". John 14:30
Earlier at John 12:31 he said "Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out".
So its pretty clear that even Jesus acknowledged that Satan was in control of the world at this present time. That is even more clear when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness by Satan, who offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world in exchange for an act of worship. If Satan was not in control, he could not have offered Jesus those kingdoms.
Another factor to consider is the sinful human condition that we inherited from our first parents' wrong choice. Some of the things that happen are just "time and unexpected events overtake them all"( Ecclesiastes 9:11)
To blame God for any murderous act goes against His very being of being a God of Love.
James 1:13 says"When under trial, let no one say: "I am being tried by God." For with evil things God cannot be tried, not does he himself try anyone.
You earlier mentioned the account of Noah and the flood. The world that was destroyed was filled with violence and not with just people. It included a group of demon/human hybrid offspring who were violent and destructive. So for God to say the earth was "ruined" in His sight is pretty telling. It must have been REALLY bad.
Noah and his family were spared because the Bible says "he walked with the true God".
Satan is a cop out. Either your god created Satan to take the fall or Satan exists as ANOTHER uncaused cause independent of God. How many of those are there? If Satan controls your god-created world, one of two things must be true - either your god allows it for his own purposes which is simply evil or your god is unable to take back his own creation and is not omnipotent.

And that last bit is just woo-woo.

Reactions: BelemNole
I do.
That's another argument entirely as @BrianNole777 will tell you with him and me..LOL
😁 I’ll let you guys settle your vast theological differences derived from the same source material. It does make one wonder who gets it right and how you must wonder what will happen at the end if you guessed wrong. Even worse…what if you’re BOTH wrong?!?!?

😁 I’ll let you guys settle your vast theological differences derived from the same source material. It does make one wonder who gets it right and how you must wonder what will happen at the end if you guessed wrong. Even worse…what if you’re BOTH wrong?!?!?

My friend @the24fan is a Jehovah's Witness. They don't believe on Hell even though Jesus spoke of it 30 times.

So, the stakes are lower for me being wrong. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheelbybirth
There is also a temple in Bethlehem dedicated to the spilled breastmilk of the virgin mother.

acc14bff-489b-4b6f-9d02-52419cc2d041-1058x1536.jpg

I’m not “starting to get” anything. My views haven’t changed one iota. You’re still throwing out a word salad to justify purely evil acts attributed to your god.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart…but your heart is deceitful in all things…but your god-given sense of judgement is in your heart…but your heart is desperately sick. SMH and yours should be spinning.

I do like the inclusion of Plato given that he lived hundreds of years before Jesus. The clearest indication that our sense of right and wrong exists independent of a Christian god. FTR, I’ve suffered no loss or pain that I attribute to any godly action or inaction. I don’t have to tie myself into knots to excuse a Uvalde based on some mysterious godly plan that you acknowledge with one voice and deny with another. This child lives…praise God! That child dies…not God!

*shrug* OK…as Brian has stated.
You're funny. Obviously, our hearts can deceive us (need I provide evidence this is true) and God meant we have to re-orient our hearts to trust Him and not ourselves. My middle schooler understands this concept. Not really up for debate.

God is incapable of evil since He is Holy. Therefore, no evil acts have been done by Him. You cannot judge God based on your standard afterall. I suppose the exception would be if you create the universe and life then you might have a leg to stand on, until then.

Where do you think it gets humanity if we all run around creating our own standard of morality? Would not one great, best standard work best? Or, do you believe everyone doing "right in their own eye" can truly work? If so, what evidence do you have to support this? Just curious Tar.

So Jesus was complicit in every genocide ordered by your god. There you go. The justification for what was ordered is immaterial - to murder every man, woman, and child in a city is inexcusably evil if you have a shred of morality.

And I reject the very idea of a god-in-the-flesh entity sent to one small group to reveal God’s truth. That should answer your question.

So Jesus was complicit in every genocide ordered by your god. There you go. The justification for what was ordered is immaterial - to murder every man, woman, and child in a city is inexcusably evil if you have a shred of morality.

And I reject the very idea of a god-in-the-flesh entity sent to one small group to reveal God’s truth. That should answer your question.

Jesus was sent to the whole world.

2,000 years later and we're still talking about him. :)

Jesus was sent to the whole world.

2,000 years later and we're still talking about him. :)
An omnipotent god could have sent a Jesus to every population in the whole world to spread “the good news”. That would have been a lot harder to dismiss. That would have prevented a lot of internecine bloodshed and atrocities between various religious groups over the centuries.

An omnipotent god could have sent a Jesus to every population in the whole world to spread “the good news”. That would have been a lot harder to dismiss. That would have prevented a lot of internecine bloodshed and atrocities between various religious groups over the centuries.

How many Churches are in the world? A whole bunch.

In America, there are churches on every city block almost. We know about Jesus for the most part.

As to religious wars, that's on humans, not God.

God could have prevented thousands of wars that we will never know about.

Although I again respectfully disagree with Jesus' identity here, he was sent first to the lost sheep of Israel. It was only when the nation as a whole rejected him as the Messiah did he turn his attention to the "nations" or gentiles.

As far as this genocide you describe, when God judged the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and was going to destroy them for their wickedness Abraham asked if it was just. He asked God if he would “sweep away the righteous with the wicked.” If you remember God told him that if there were even ten righteous people in Sodom, He would spare the city on their account. (Genesis 18:20-33) So considering that only Lot and his daughters survived God had searched through the hearts of those people in Sodom and and determined they were truly wicked. —1 Chronicles 28:9.

Also as far as the land of Caanan, God judged the Canaanites and rightly ordered their destruction. The Canaanites were known for their cruelty, which included burning children alive in sacrificial fires. (2 Kings 16:3) The Canaanites knew that God had commanded Israel to take possession of all the land. Those who chose to remain and wage war were taking a deliberate stand against not only the Israelites but also Jehovah, who had given powerful evidence that he was with his people.

Moreover, God extended mercy to those Canaanites who abandoned their wickedness and accepted Jehovah’s high moral standards. For example, Rahab was saved, along with her family. Also, when the inhabitants of the Canaanite city of Gibeon sought mercy, they and all their children were spared.—Joshua 6:25; 9:3,
24-26

What would be the fun in that? The way God set it up through His chosen people allows for billions of humans to share the good news!

Better to be on the field than on the bench, no?

How many houses of worship that aren’t Christian? A lot more.
In America, there are churches on every city block almost. We know about Jesus for the most part.
Many sitting empty as your rhetoric drives people away.
Of course it is. Like I said: this child lives - praise god! That child dies - that’s on us!!
Could have. Could have had a finger in the Pulse nightclub shooting as many Christians believed. Mysterious ways, you know.

How many houses of worship that aren’t Christian? A lot more.

Many sitting empty as your rhetoric drives people away.

Of course it is. Like I said: this child lives - praise god! That child dies - that’s on us!!

Could have. Could have had a finger in the Pulse nightclub shooting as many Christians believed. Mysterious ways, you know.

We all have free will.

Have a good evening.

Although I again respectfully disagree with Jesus' identity here, he was sent first to the lost sheep of Israel. It was only when the nation as a whole rejected him as the Messiah did he turn his attention to the "nations" or gentiles.

As far as this genocide you describe, when God judged the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and was going to destroy them for their wickedness Abraham asked if it was just. He asked God if he would “sweep away the righteous with the wicked.” If you remember God told him that if there were even ten righteous people in Sodom, He would spare the city on their account. (Genesis 18:20-33) So considering that only Lot and his daughters survived God had searched through the hearts of those people in Sodom and and determined they were truly wicked. —1 Chronicles 28:9.

Also as far as the land of Caanan, God judged the Canaanites and rightly ordered their destruction. The Canaanites were known for their cruelty, which included burning children alive in sacrificial fires. (2 Kings 16:3) The Canaanites knew that God had commanded Israel to take possession of all the land. Those who chose to remain and wage war were taking a deliberate stand against not only the Israelites but also Jehovah, who had given powerful evidence that he was with his people.

Moreover, God extended mercy to those Canaanites who abandoned their wickedness and accepted Jehovah’s high moral standards. For example, Rahab was saved, along with her family. Also, when the inhabitants of the Canaanite city of Gibeon sought mercy, they and all their children were spared.—Joshua 6:25; 9:3,
24-26
Everyone who ever practiced genocide justified it. Every single one. And they’ve done it by calling out the wickedness of the people they’re murdering. I do find it interesting that you justify the order to exterminate the Canaanites because they supposedly sacrificed their own children. Seems that, given the order by god to kill every man, woman, and child among them…they were just doing your God’s work. We had to kill the children to save them?

And the Canaanites decided to defend their homes against invaders??? That’s unheard of.

Everyone who ever practiced genocide justified it. Every single one. And they’ve done it by calling out the wickedness of the people they’re murdering. I do find it interesting that you justify the order to exterminate the Canaanites because they supposedly sacrificed their own children. Seems that, given the order by god to kill every man, woman, and child among them…they were just doing your God’s work. We had to kill the children to save them?

And the Canaanites decided to defend their homes against invaders??? That’s unheard of.
It's pretty clear we will never reach any kind of agreement on it. Sorry you see God as a tyrant.
But make no mistake the Canaanites and other nations around them were not innocent bystanders. They were involved with practices that God hates. And as for the children, they obviously didn't care about them enough to burn them on Baal's altar.
They received just penalty for their wickedness

Fortunately the archeology and genetics indicate that there was no annihilation. The isrealites developed out of Canaanites.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-canaanites-werent-annihilated-they-just-moved-to-lebanon/

Don't you want eternal bliss in Heaven, tarheel?

It's pretty clear we will never reach any kind of agreement on it. Sorry you see God as a tyrant.
But make no mistake the Canaanites and other nations around them were not innocent bystanders. They were involved with practices that God hates. And as for the children, they obviously didn't care about them enough to burn them on Baal's altar.
They received just penalty for their wickedness
I don’t see god as a tyrant…I see the Christian version of the god they created as a tyrant…and this god uses the same propaganda to dehumanize the people he wants destroyed as every tyrant has through history. It’s not surprising that the OT Jews would conceive of such a god…it is exactly the same kind of rule they had been subjected to for their entire lives and the lives of their ancestors. They couldn’t imagine any different kind of ruler.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
I don’t see god as a tyrant…I see the Christian version of the god they created as a tyrant…and this god uses the same propaganda to dehumanize the people he wants destroyed as every tyrant has through history. It’s not surprising that the OT Jews would conceive of such a god…it is exactly the same kind of rule they had been subjected to for their entire lives and the lives of their ancestors. They couldn’t imagine any different kind of ruler.
So the canaanites were dehumanized by God for sacrificing their own children to a demon god? They were punished but God didn’t force them to burn their own children. You’re making excuses for those people?
And the Jews didn’t enslave themselves. The Egyptians did that and they too suffered Gods punishment for mistreating his people. Have you read thru the Old Testament? The exodus? How God cared for his people, protected them over and over again , even when they rebelled? He sent prophet after prophet to try and turn them around time and time again?
Let’s not forget the Jewish people promised to be God’s nation and follow his laws. They said they were willing to do all that God said.
I’d say that God is far from the one you consider cruel .
I’m not sure why you have such a negative view of God but IMO it’s way off base.
I’m not sure if it’s the propaganda and conduct of those who call themselves Christians that made you bitter, and if so I can’t say I blame you, but the God I’ve come to know is not the one you describe.

Reactions: BrianNole777
it's a 12 century fake. It's been dated. and why would a shroud, wrapped over a body, show a body and hair lying flat? A wrap would show a warped image. and it isn’t a true photographic negative. The color of the hair is reversed, so that in a positive image Jesus would be a white-haired and white-bearded old man.

the notion that its is lol.

Fortunately the archeology and genetics indicate that there was no annihilation. The isrealites developed out of Canaanites.
Good stuff…but none of that changes the fact that the Old Testament says they were ordered by their god to do it. And more…

Debut 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations—the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites,Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you—and when the Lord your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

And what does that mean?

Deut. 20:16-17 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

Now that’s Moses delivering the command but he’s speaking for “the Lord their God”. That can’t be dismissed because the Israelis didn’t actually do it. It really doesn’t matter how Christians try to dress that up…that’s an order to commit genocide. And then do it again and again and again.

Here’s their out as your links indicate. None of that happened. There was no Moses (there is absolutely zero evidence he existed). No Jewish slaves in Egypt ( no evidence anywhere). There was no exodus ( a million Jews wandered the Sinai for forty years and left not a trace). Most historians also discount the story of Joshua’s conquests. The Israelis made up a history based on previous myths they had heard or stories from other civilizations and imagined a ruthless god based on the despotic kings who ruled over them - except THIS vicious king was on their side. Accept that and they don’t have any problem trying to explain a psychotic god. It doesn’t exist.

And your links between the Israelis and the Canaanites make sense. Of course they’re related.

Reactions: bdcolt45er
So the canaanites were dehumanized by God for sacrificing their own children to a demon god? They were punished but God didn’t force them to burn their own children. You’re making excuses for those people?
Who says they were sacrificing their own children? The god who wants them exterminated. The god who then proceeds to order that all of their children be killed.
And the Jews didn’t enslave themselves. The Egyptians did that and they too suffered Gods punishment for mistreating his people. Have you read thru the Old Testament? The exodus? How God cared for his people, protected them over and over again , even when they rebelled? He sent prophet after prophet to try and turn them around time and time again?
There is absolutely no evidence of any kind that the Israelis were ever enslaved in Egypt. None. No evidence for Moses. No evidence for an exodus. And of course the god they made up wouldn’t be cruel to them - he was THEIR god.
I’m not sure why you have such a negative view of God but IMO it’s way off base.
I’m not sure if it’s the propaganda and conduct of those who call themselves Christians that made you bitter, and if so I can’t say I blame you, but the God I’ve come to know is not the one you describe.
*sigh* I’m not bitter in the least. I’ve simply applied basic logic and factual evidence to the myths of the Bible. And I don’t give a flip what foolishness people choose to believe as long as they don’t try to force those beliefs on others and their beliefs don’t harm others. On that score, I have a negative view of Protestantism…Roman CatholicIsm…Islam…pretty much every organized religion that ever existed. I’m glad you’ve come to “know” a god who gives you comfort. I have absolutely no need for that kind of comfort.

Let’s not forget the Jewish people promised to be God’s nation and follow his laws. They said they were willing to do all that God said.
I’d say that God is far from the one you consider cruel .
I don't understand how one can read the old testament and come away with a positive picture of that God. I guess if you are okay genocide and generational punishment. This is a God that David's son because his David sinned. The mental gymnastics are impressive.

These stories were developed by a culture trying to explain their plight sandwiched between the Egyptians and the Mesopotamian societies. It justifies their own violence to outsiders, which was to be fair a consequence of the precarious position they were situated in.

Who says they were sacrificing their own children? The god who wants them exterminated. The god who then proceeds to order that all of their children be killed.

There is absolutely no evidence of any kind that the Israelis were ever enslaved in Egypt. None. No evidence for Moses. No evidence for an exodus. And of course the god they made up wouldn’t be cruel to them - he was THEIR god.

*sigh* I’m not bitter in the least. I’ve simply applied basic logic and factual evidence to the myths of the Bible. And I don’t give a flip what foolishness people choose to believe as long as they don’t try to force those beliefs on others and their beliefs don’t harm others. On that score, I have a negative view of Protestantism…Roman CatholicIsm…Islam…pretty much every organized religion that ever existed. I’m glad you’ve come to “know” a god who gives you comfort. I have absolutely no need for that kind of comfort.
So I’m assuming with your viewpoint you pretty much believe you have your 70-80 years of existence and that’s it huh? Glad you don’t need any comfort. I’m sure life is nothing but grand for you full of purpose and meaning .
Well all I can say is enjoy those short years. They go quick as you for sure know. Have a good evening.

Not a single eyewitness recorded their account. So, no, we don’t know there were eyewitnesses to anything.

The greatest scientist of all time wrote more about the Bible than he did science.

Sir Isaac Newton. :)

As Christopher Hitchens pointed out, the absurdity of the lies in the Gospels tortuously created in order to make Jesus match prophecy suggests that rather than making up the story entirely, there likely was some delusional, charismatic rabbi wandering around. But that is about as much as we can honestly deduce.

The gospels agree on many things, so it's patently false to say there were no eyewitnesses. At least 6 did record their accounts: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, Peter in the new testament.

If other accounts existed, they apparently don't now, but to say nobody recorded any is just wrong.
There are no, 0, zilch. First hand accounts of Jesus.
Oral history is terribly unreliable, especially 30-60 years later. Christ eyewitness testimony in court is flawed.

In my 74 years I have noticed that the non-believers are much louder than the believers...it proves nothing of course, its just an observation.
I have to disagree for the following reasons. You will never hear an atheist on a street corner with a bullhorn proselytizing about nothing.

I think your perceptions are that way due to a number of reasons:
1. Atheists are a minority and as such have to be more vocal about our positions.

2. Religious people harass you. Muslims call you the infidel and try to take you hostage or blow you up. Jehovah witnesses come knock on your door. Mormons take two years off their life to go bother other people. It's so important to them it's called a "Mission". Hare Krishnas try to give bracelets and flowers away at the airport. Us atheists have tried politely telling folks to leave us alone but they keep coming.

3. Finally, when Christian fundamentalists starting asserting their view in politics via the post Reagan Republican Party, then us atheists became vocal because the religious folks are attempting to suppress our rights, take away our freedoms, and assert their religion on us.

Stop putting up nativity scenes at town halls. Stop posting the 10 commandments in schools. Stop knocking on my door. Then you won't hear a peep from me.

There are no, 0, zilch. First hand accounts of Jesus.
Oral history is terribly unreliable, especially 30-60 years later. Christ eyewitness testimony in court is flawed.

Why does there need to be first hand accounts?

There aren't any first hand accounts of Alexander the Great, either.

30 years ago was 1993. I'm sure you can remember much from that year. :)

Heck, ask a Vietnam Vet about the war.

1968 was 56 years ago.

So I’m assuming with your viewpoint you pretty much believe you have your 70-80 years of existence and that’s it huh? Glad you don’t need any comfort. I’m sure life is nothing but grand for you full of purpose and meaning .
Well all I can say is enjoy those short years. They go quick as you for sure know. Have a good evening.
You guys make all kinds of assumptions and you are universally wrong. I know exactly as much about what happens after we die as you do…specifically not one single thing. All I can do is enjoy my “short years” and try to live as moral a life as possible…pretty much the same thing you’re doing. I don’t worry about what comes after…it makes no sense to me to worry about something I can’t possibly understand. Other people find comfort by telling themselves they have some special insight into what comes next. If you need that, good for you. The idea that I HAVE to practice that self-comfort is exactly what I was talking about earlier. Stop pushing your needs and beliefs on others. And stop assuming you know something others are missing. You really don’t.

Why does there need to be first hand accounts?

There aren't any first hand accounts of Alexander the Great, either.
There are multiple independent second hand accounts that reference the writings of historian Kallisthenes of Olynthos who accompanied Alexander on all his travels and knew him personally. Those various references are consistent with each other in their details. There is a tremendous amount of archeological evidence attesting to the existence for Alexander the Great as a real person. The idea that the evidence of Alexander is no better than the evidence for Jesus is laughable.

FTR, it’s almost certain there was a radical rabbi preaching in the Middle East. The stories in the Bible are based on a real person (or possibly multiple people) but the Bible quotes Jesus. So let’s say some Vietnam vet related a story to you about some guy he spoke to over there 50 years before. Now you have to record that story. Do you trust his memory on those quotes? Seriously?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldogs1974
There are multiple independent second hand accounts that reference the writings of historian Kallisthenes of Olynthos who accompanied Alexander on all his travels and knew him personally. Those various references are consistent with each other in their details. There is a tremendous amount of archeological evidence attesting to the existence for Alexander the Great as a real person. The idea that the evidence of Alexander is no better than the evidence for Jesus is laughable.

What year was the first biography of Alexander the Great written?

300 or 600 years after he died?

The Gospels were written only decades after Jesus died.

Anyways, I'm not sure what your point in this thread is. If you want to be an atheist, I wouldn't recommend it, but you have free will.

If you're arguing Jesus didn't exist, that's a battle you will lose. :)

What year was the first biography of Alexander the Great written?

300 or 600 years after he died?

The Gospels were written only decades after Jesus died.

Anyways, I'm not sure what your point in this thread is. If you want to be an atheist, I wouldn't recommend it, but you have free will.

If you're arguing Jesus didn't exist, that's a battle you will lose. :)
You really don’t pay attention to anything I post, do you?

Good stuff…but none of that changes the fact that the Old Testament says they were ordered by their god to do it. And more…

Debut 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations—the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites,Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you—and when the Lord your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

And what does that mean?

Deut. 20:16-17 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

Now that’s Moses delivering the command but he’s speaking for “the Lord their God”. That can’t be dismissed because the Israelis didn’t actually do it. It really doesn’t matter how Christians try to dress that up…that’s an order to commit genocide. And then do it again and again and again.

Here’s their out as your links indicate. None of that happened. There was no Moses (there is absolutely zero evidence he existed). No Jewish slaves in Egypt ( no evidence anywhere). There was no exodus ( a million Jews wandered the Sinai for forty years and left not a trace). Most historians also discount the story of Joshua’s conquests. The Israelis made up a history based on previous myths they had heard or stories from other civilizations and imagined a ruthless god based on the despotic kings who ruled over them - except THIS vicious king was on their side. Accept that and they don’t have any problem trying to explain a psychotic god. It doesn’t exist.

And your links between the Israelis and the Canaanites make sense. Of course they’re related.
I would argue there is indeed evidence for the Jewish ancestors in captivity in Egypt and a subsequent exodus.

Reactions: the24fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT