ADVERTISEMENT

New Iowa Baseball Stadium: The $27.4 million Renovation Was Supposed to Start after 2024 Season & Be Done by 2025 Season

paying the event people is figured into cost of the ticket and my numbers were based on 10,000 not 7,500
10,000 X $15 = 150,000
10,000 X $20 = 200,000

and that did not count the money from concession sales.if it cost more than planned then the have the option of charging more,

the price of admission is determined by the event. the craft shows don't cost as much to get in,

I have no idea about getting into a craft show but I would guess around $5.00 each and less for children, then the vender pays for their booth, same thing with the sport show in the UNI Dome the venders pay to set up in the Dome and the patrons have to pay to get in.

after awhile that started to bite the UNI Dome people in the ass. as the venders stop going and held their own special to get the people to come into their building.

sometimes you can charge yourself out of a good thing with how much you charge and who you charge.

I took some of my sporting goods to display and sell to a couple of the UNI Dome sports shows till it no longer paid as they kept wanting more each year. same thing Cattle Congress toward the end they wanted not only rental on the booth but they also wanted a % of the money the venders made.

the vender slowly stopped showing up and even some of the rides stopped showing up.

I remember going and the livestock barns were full the entire the fair ran, now if there were any lifestock being shown they just stay for their animals to be shown and then they leave because it got to expensive to stay longer talk about killing the golden goose.

this was over 10 years ago. since then Mesqraki bought the grounds and buildings and the CC is a shadow of what it once was.

my idea of a domed baseball field was a simple idea, now it has been hijacked and morphed into a unrealistic produc, that is going to generate millions per event.

this board has dropped to the depths of hell. where a simple idea is twisted to the point of making millions per event.

god help us all.
Got it.

So we're only going to average, at best, 7,000 empty seats for baseball.

I wish there was a practical way to have small baseball stadiums with retractable roofs on them. It opens the door to being able to host tournaments in February/March and takes some advantage away from southern teams.

But there isn’t and the baseball program doesn’t have deep pocket donors like football has to make something like that possible. It’s fun to think about in a fantasy world.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I wish there was a practical way to have small baseball stadiums with retractable roofs on them. It opens the door to being able to host tournaments in February/March and takes some advantage away from southern teams.

But there isn’t and the baseball program doesn’t have deep pocket donors like football has to make something like that possible. It’s fun to think about in a fantasy world.
any Idea of how much it cost UNI to build the dome? that would give us a rough Idea what it might cost.

any Idea of how much it cost UNI to build the dome? that would give us a rough Idea what it might cost.

Yes, it cost $7.5 million and they broke ground in 1974, finished in 1976. I wish it only cost that much as that would be feasible, in today's dollars that's $38.6 million so it isn't happening.

$38.6 million and they say $20 million to $30 million for the upgrades to the current stadium. it is very doable. here I was thinking along the lines of $75 million.

if they can raise $80 million to redo the north end zone then raising $39 million for a new Baseball stadium should be very easy to do,

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
$38.6 million and they say $20 million to $30 million for the upgrades to the current stadium. it is very doable. here I was thinking along the lines of $75 million.

if they can raise $80 million to redo the north end zone then raising $39 million for a new Baseball stadium should be very easy to do,
I've already given $25,000 (this round). Why don't you pony up half that much to get us going?

my dome would have 5,000 in the grand stands
2500 down the right side line
2500 down the left side line,

most of the crowd will be in the grand stand. so its not that outrages of a idea.
You may want to reevaluate your use of ‘most’. 10,000 seats, 5,000 in the grandstand would be the equivalent of half the crowd in the grandstand. Pesky mathematical facts.

FYI the ISU stadium seats 2,000 and had some empty seats tonight

You may want to reevaluate your use of ‘most’. 10,000 seats, 5,000 in the grandstand would be the equivalent of half the crowd in the grandstand. Pesky mathematical facts.

FYI the ISU stadium seats 2,000 and had some empty seats tonight
actually it was actually a factual statement. since the majority of the posters doubt that the stadium will be full. going off that
say if they only get 4,000 fans to show up "most" will sit in the grandstand.

now if 8,000 show up the majority will sit in the grandstand again the word "most" still applies to my statement.

still trying to start a fight/argument over a simple use of a word.

boy do you have a serious problem

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
actually it was actually a factual statement. since the majority of the posters doubt that the stadium will be full. going off that
say if they only get 4,000 fans to show up "most" will sit in the grandstand.

now if 8,000 show up the majority will sit in the grandstand again the word "most" still applies to my statement.

still trying to start a fight/argument over a simple use of a word.

boy do you have a serious problem
I was using your thought (?) process that if you will build it they will come. Sell outs as the rule rather than the exception. Probably need overflow seating for B1G games and the Taylor Swift type of concerts.

Reactions: GolfHacker1
I was using your thought (?) process that if you will build it they will come. Sell outs as the rule rather than the exception. Probably need overflow seating for B1G games and the Taylor Swift type of concerts.
you were using your own thought process. as for overflow there always plans to accomidate any overflow.

depending on how the sidelines are set up. extra seating can be set up along both sidelines, or if you want to get imaginative again on how the building is set up thy have the whole out field to use.

since I don't know how much space they have to build on will limit how much space they will have for seating and what they are going to use for the fans to sit in, from I gather they intend to expand the seats and the leg room.

just like they did in the North End Zone.

you were using your own thought process. as for overflow there always plans to accomidate any overflow.

depending on how the sidelines are set up. extra seating can be set up along both sidelines, or if you want to get imaginative again on how the building is set up thy have the whole out field to use.

since I don't know how much space they have to build on will limit how much space they will have for seating and what they are going to use for the fans to sit in, from I gather they intend to expand the seats and the leg room.

just like they did in the North End Zone.
Dude, see post 11 in this thread....

USC joins the B1G in 2024, of course.

“USC baseball will receive an upgraded baseball stadium with a capacity of around 2,500. The stadium features include fan experience enhancements such as a variety of seating options, outdoor social spaces, an indoor hospitality space, multiple concession locations, expanded restrooms, a video board and an audio system. The stadium will also include a brand-new press box, coaching and support staff offices, and a team meeting space.”

USC joins the B1G in 2024, of course.

“USC baseball will receive an upgraded baseball stadium with a capacity of around 2,500. The stadium features include fan experience enhancements such as a variety of seating options, outdoor social spaces, an indoor hospitality space, multiple concession locations, expanded restrooms, a video board and an audio system. The stadium will also include a brand-new press box, coaching and support staff offices, and a team meeting space.”

Not holding a Taylor Swift concert in that dump, no dome? No thank you. If you build it they will come 😜

Figured they could build up to get to 10,000 seats. Probably can't even get a good craft show in their proposal.
I see no reason you couldn’t put seats on the bottom of the domed roof. Could easily get to 8k and have room for expansion. Build it and you’ll easily draw those crowds.

my vision for a domed stadium looks like this,
5000 in the grand stands, 2500 down the RFL, 2500 down the LFL

then depending on how much more room you have down each line for setting up bleacher, for any over flow,

IA does have the ground space to build it,, the question is the cost and can they raise that much
that big a stadium would be about the biggest stadium in the BT. maybe that would be enough to draw the top talent in the nation to IA. that would be their gimmick to draw the top talent in.

these days you seem to need a gimmick also make it camera friendly so the TV's want to Televise in there.

TV is the biggest draw for top players.

my vision for a domed stadium looks like this,
5000 in the grand stands, 2500 down the RFL, 2500 down the LFL

then depending on how much more room you have down each line for setting up bleacher, for any over flow,

IA does have the ground space to build it,, the question is the cost and can they raise that much
that big a stadium would be about the biggest stadium in the BT. maybe that would be enough to draw the top talent in the nation to IA. that would be their gimmick to draw the top talent in.

these days you seem to need a gimmick also make it camera friendly so the TV's want to Televise in there.

TV is the biggest draw for top players.
Needs to have more seating if Taylor Swift is ever coming.

• Haha
Reactions: karnack1955
The domed stadium might do it
Retractable dome is what I’ve been pushing in the planning meetings. But I’m a small donor, so could use all the help I can get.

I’m thinking 20,000 and bring in WWF and boxing. Not just Taylor Swift. We need to think big here.

Retractable dome is what I’ve been pushing in the planning meetings. But I’m a small donor, so could use all the help I can get.

I’m thinking 20,000 and bring in WWF and boxing. Not just Taylor Swift. We need to think big here.
Craft shows are very profitable

At 20,000 seats, Karnack would like to know what your plan would be for overflow seating during early March baseball games?

• Haha
I think the plan is to move the games to Kinnick.
You’re in luck, as Iowa Baseball has history at Kinnick: spring of 2012 was very warm and most practices were on the turf at Kinnick. With home plate in the north end zone, even a Dahm squad could put a pop fly into the east or west stands. Good for offense.

According to this forum’s recent prolific poster., the trouble is Heller has 15 pitchers on the bench for regionals who otherwise could throw zeros. Pick your poison.

You’re in luck, as Iowa Baseball has history at Kinnick: spring of 2012 was very warm and most practices were on the turf at Kinnick. With home plate in the north end zone, even a Dahm squad could put a pop fly into the east or west stands. Good for offense.

According to this forum’s recent prolific poster., the trouble is Heller has 15 pitchers on the bench for regionals who otherwise could throw zeros. Pick your poison.
CSB- When I was at U of Iowa they had mandatory PE classes so I took a "Slow Pitch Softball" elective. We played a game in Kinnick for class.

The full text of the tweet:

The University of Iowa Athletics Department plans to renovate Duane Banks Field, the home of the University of baseball team, pending approval by the Board of Regents, State of Iowa, next week. The planned $27.4 million renovation to the existing space -- funded by athletic department gifts and revenue -- are expected to significantly improve the game day experience by increasing stadium capacity, improving ADA access and seating, and enhancing the fan experience with premium seating opportunities, additional concessions and restrooms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT