ADVERTISEMENT

New Iowa Baseball Stadium: The $27.4 million Renovation Was Supposed to Start after 2024 Season & Be Done by 2025 Season

Which brings up the question- What will the rotation look like assuming Iowa makes the tourney?

@AuroraHawk
Morgan is the weekend starter. He will pitch all 3/4 games.

In all seriousness, I assume will look the same as a regular weekend series, in terms of starting rotation. Maybe there will be a surprise?

No, Morgan couldn't have gave 6-7 innings.
why not? he looked quite good on the mound. don't tell me anything about the rotation either as Heller still had Brecht to start the region off with, then he had Langenberg the 3rd pitcher in the weekeng rotation
depending on when the region begins Morgan would 5-7 days rest before he would have been needed.

Which brings up the question- What will the rotation look like assuming Iowa makes the tourney?

@AuroraHawk

Really good question.
Given that he pitched on Tuesday, Morgan’s bullpen day would have been yesterday. 30 pitches is essentially a bullpen session and Morgan was sharp. He should be full strength on Friday.

I suspect that Heller will go with Morgan against UNC and Brecht will be lined up for game 2 and not vice versa. Pretty confident that Langenberg would pitch game 3.

why not? he looked quite good on the mound. don't tell me anything about the rotation either as Heller still had Brecht to start the region off with, then he had Langenberg the 3rd pitcher in the weekeng rotation
depending on when the region begins Morgan would 5-7 days rest before he would have been needed.

Morgan was on 4 days rest. He normally pitches on 6 days rest. Yesterday would have been his normal bullpen day after pitching on Tuesday.

Heller was protecting the rotation - as he should have been.

Reactions: Packer54
Really good question.
Given that he pitched on Tuesday, Morgan’s bullpen day would have been yesterday. 30 pitches is essentially a bullpen session and Morgan was sharp. He should be full strength on Friday.

I suspect that Heller will go with Morgan against UNC and Brecht will be lined up for game 2 and not vice versa. Pretty confident that Langenberg would pitch game 3.
At what point did Heller flip the rotation?

It changed a few times during the season.

Lang started the season as the Friday starter, but struggled. Brecht then moved into the role, but also started to struggle. Morgan moved into the role later in the season, and thrived in the Friday spot.

Reactions: AuroraHawk
back on topic of thestadium up grades, any projected costs? plus how much money has been raised?
$30MM off the top of my head. Almost all of the money has been donated to date. I haven’t checked in a while so the above are from memory.

eta the U says $20MM but I thought is increased to either $25MM or $30MM. I know the majority of funds have been raised.

$30MM off the top of my head. Almost all of the money has been donated to date. I haven’t checked in a while so the above are from memory.
thx now what I would like to know how much space they have to build on. as that will determine how big it can be.

for the BT Championship game there were over 8,000 Iowa fans there.

with most of them from the IC area. they could had seats to the grand stand and put more seats down the 1st base line and the 3rd baseline to hold more seats,

if Iowa has the success this year. it could lead to larger crowds in the spring. the crowds will come if their is seating space. going to just 3,000 from what 2500 seats
wow a whole 500 seats. talk about being narrow minded.

thx now what I would like to know how much space they have to build on. as that will determine how big it can be.

with most of them from the IC area. they could had seats to the grand stand and put more seats down the 1st base line and the 3rd baseline to hold more seats,

if Iowa has the success this year. it could lead to larger crowds in the spring. the crowds will come if their is seating space. going to just 3,000 from what 2500 seats
They are just tearing down and rebuilding on the current site.

If they built an 8,000 seat stadium, it’s possible they would never sell a game out.

They rarely sell out now. 2,000 is generally a very good crown for them.

hmmm they just had 8000 in Omaha on Sunday and just a few years they had 10,000.

this year tickets were scarce due to the possibility of Nebraska making the Finals. just like ticket sales are exploding for the women's BB team afterreaching the FF it would not surprise me to see ticket sales do the same for the Base Ball team.

if the men finally reach the sweet 16 the men attendance would go up as well.

hmmm they just had 8000 in Omaha on Sunday and just a few years they had 10,000.

this year tickets were scarce due to the possibility of Nebraska making the Finals. just like ticket sales are exploding for the women's BB team afterreaching the FF it would not surprise me to see ticket sales do the same for the Base Ball team.

if the men finally reach the sweet 16 the men attendance would go up as well.
They don’t play the B1G Championship game in Iowa City. You’re comparing apples and oranges. They rarely sell out 2,500 for home games, which are never B1G championship games.

If they start making CWS regularly, then maybe you expand? Even then, the weather is so bad for the college baseball season up here. Even when they get good crowds, it’s just for the last month of the season.

You’re reasoning for building an 8,000 seat baseball stadium would be like expanding Kinnick to 92k, just in case they host a playoff game someday.

Screw it. I’m with Karnack. Let’s build a 300,000 seat baseball stadium.

The weekend rotation started:
Langenberg (pre-season B1G Pitcher of Year)
Brecht
Morgan

After Langenberg got roughed up against Texas Tech, it changed to:
Brecht
Morgan
Langenberg

After Brecht struggled with command following the Nebraska series, Heller went with the following for the MSU series:
Morgan
Langenberg
Brecht

They don’t play the B1G Championship game in Iowa City. You’re comparing apples and oranges. They rarely sell out 2,500 for home games, which are never B1G championship games.

If they start making CWS regularly, then maybe you expand? Even then, the weather is so bad for the college baseball season up here. Even when they get good crowds, it’s just for the last month of the season.

You’re reasoning for building an 8,000 seat baseball stadium would be like expanding Kinnick to 92k, just in case they host a playoff game someday.

Screw it. I’m with Karnack. Let’s build a 300,000 seat baseball stadium.
You sir, get it. Well done!

if any of you have dreams of hoating regional you better embrace the thought of a 7500 seat or bigger staidium, a 3,000 seat stadium seat just won't draw a sniff,

they got a number 2 seed this year and return their top 2 pithers and as of now the only starters they lose is 1st Basemen Dorighi. after that there are just 1 other senior
a pitcher
LHP Simpson

the rest that are eligible we will have to wait on.

if any of you have dreams of hoating regional you better embrace the thought of a 7500 seat or bigger staidium, a 3,000 seat stadium seat just won't draw a sniff,

they got a number 2 seed this year and return their top 2 pithers and as of now the only starters they lose is 1st Basemen Dorighi. after that there are just 1 other senior
a pitcher
LHP Simpson

Indiana State is hosting a regional and their stadium holds 2500.

a pitcher
LHP Simpson

Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

a pitcher
LHP Simpson

Once again, you're wrong on everything, blathering, and no one knows WTF you are talking about.

Be better, and move along to another message board.

Reactions: shoot_the_three

Historically, baseball hasnt been a big draw. I would guess it is 3k with the option to bring in additional seati g as needed. Most crowds the past few yrs have bee in the 1k range, lest a few exceptions.

we shall see now won't we.
We don’t have to see. The size of a school’s stadium is not a consideration for hosting a regional. We already know the answer. If Iowa removes all the seats from their stadium, but is a top 16 seed, they will host a regional.

Yes or no, you understand this?

a pitcher
LHP Simpson

One of the costs of Iowa’s baseball success this year is the “coming out of the woodwork” folks who seem to suddenly care about the program.

While increasing the fanbase and support is a good thing, there will always be a segment who don’t know much about what they are claiming.

Perfect example here.

If you’ve been following the program, you’re aware of the campaign to upgrade Banks Field. You’d know that they aren’t building from the ground up in a new location. Simply going to the Iowa Baseball page on the Iowa Athletics webpage would allow you to look at exactly what is planned and, if interested, how to contribute to the effort.

If you’ve followed B1G baseball, you’d also know that Maryland hosted a Regional last year and a quick Google search would inform you that the stadium capacity in College Park is 2,500.

Suggesting that 7,500 capacity is some sort of pre-requisite to host a Regional is utterly meritless.

But those seats would not be full, and those seats were not free to build.
Doesn’t cash flow even if they were full. Making your point for you. I guess it doesn’t need to cash flow, but you get what I’m posting .

Reactions: Birky
there are a lot of baseball in the area. CR has a minor league team as does Waterloo. Dubuque and in Des Moines the Cubs have their Triple A Farm Club team. Baseball is a hot ticket in the state.

with the best pitcher in state going to Iowa the locals fans will go to the games. its in Iowa's best interest to keep the locals happy as they are also boosters, who support the program money wise.

• Haha
there are a lot of baseball in the area. CR has a minor league team as does Waterloo. Dubuque and in Des Moines the Cubs have their Triple A Farm Club team. Baseball is a hot ticket in the state.

with the best pitcher in state going to Iowa the locals fans will go to the games. its in Iowa's best interest to keep the locals happy as they are also boosters, who support the program money wise.
They are happy, and none of those places have issues with turning away fans. Including Iowa.

It’s just you that has this weird unrealistic, and costly fantasy.

They are happy.

It’s just you that has this weird unrealistic, and costly fantasy.
its only costly if they build it and nobody shows up. or they don't build it and there are people who wanted to watch. even at $2.00 a ticket with 7500 tickets sold equals $15,000 in ticket sales plus income from concession sales.

• Haha
It’s not costly since the entire cost was placed on donors.

Now take $20 -$25MM and divide it by what you think the revenue is going to be?

Now figure out the cost for your 8000 seat stadium and divide that by what you think the increased revenue is going to be?

I’m not opposed to differing opinions but you haven’t thought through the finances one bit.

its only costly if they build it and nobody shows up. or they don't build it and there are people who wanted to watch. even at $2.00 a ticket with 7500 tickets sold equals $15,000 in ticket sales plus income from concession sales.
They already don’t show up to a 2,500 seat stadium.

Are you reading these posts?

It’s not costly since the entire cost was placed on donors.

Now take $20 -$25MM and divide it by what you think the revenue is going to be?

Now figure out the cost for your 8000 seat stadium and divide that by what you think the increased revenue is going to be?

I’m not opposed to differing opinions but you haven’t thought through the finances one bit.
oh but I have, it is my opinion that the future income outweighs the cost. also since donors will finance the construction of the new Stadium vs the University paying for it, the prospects of hosting a super regional now goes up.

not to mention the attracting of better recruits outweighs any negative. its like the field of Dreams if you build it they will come. if 8000 to 10000 fans will drive to Omaha to watch them it only makes sense that they will drive to Iowa City to watch.

but that is what seperates us, you think small really small where I think of the future, and possible expansion.

its called building for the future. ideally I would like a indoor baseball stadium then Iowa not have to go south for the southern tourney's, in fact Iow could hold their own tourney,

oh but I have, it is my opinion that the future income outweighs the cost. also since donors will finance the construction of the new Stadium vs the University paying for it, the prospects of hosting a super regional now goes up.

not to mention the attracting of better recruits outweighs any negative. its like the field of Dreams if you build it they will come. if 8000 to 10000 fans will drive to Omaha to watch them it only makes sense that they will drive to Iowa City to watch.

but that is what seperates us, you think small really small where I think of the future, and possible expansion.

its called building for the future. ideally I would like a indoor baseball stadium then Iowa not have to go south for the southern tourney's, in fact Iow could hold their own tourney,
Season tickets are currently $75.00. If that went to $300, that is still a 200 year term. If a 2000-3000 seat stadium renovation is going to cost between $20MM and $25MM, what do you think a new 10,000 seat stadium would cost?

Again, it doesn't matter becuase it was all donor funded. But how many times can they come back to us and ask for more? You'll notice I used the word us, as in including myself. How many people do you think are in this thread that would give even $2,500?

Barta raised over $80,000 to rebuild the North End Zone, over $80,000 to add to Carver. $120,000,000 to build a new practice facility for the FB team as well as additions to the sports complex,

Iowa fans will support this as well. some of you want a new BB Arena built and that will cost far more than a new Base Ball stadium even with a roof.

Barta raised over $80,000 to rebuild the North End Zone, over $80,000 to add to Carver. $120,000,000 to build a new practice facility for the FB team as well as additions to the sports complex,

Iowa fans will support this as well. some of you want a new BB Arena built and that will cost far more than a new Base Ball stadium even with a roof.
Kinnick lowered capacity
Carver lowered capacity
Banks increased

This thread is starting to remind me of one last year which involved the question of whether Omaha was a good location for the B1G baseball tournament.

Kinnick lowered capacity
Carver lowered capacity
Banks increased
Kinnick went from 72,000 to 70,000 a whole drop of 2,000 fans,
Carver started out at 15,500 and guess what it is still 15,500 fans so I don't see this drop.

Banks field never knew how many fans it held in the 1st place but it increased because they started winning.. shocking how that how that works.

if you look at Kinnick if they redo the South End zone they could add 5,000 more seats just by filling in the corners. and it would not interfer with the wave.

• Haha
Kinnick went from 72,000 to 70,000 a whole drop of 2,000 fans,
Carver started out at 15,500 and guess what it is still 15,500 fans so I don't see this drop.

Banks field never knew how many fans it held in the 1st place but it increased because they started winning.. shocking how that how that works.

if you look at Kinnick if they redo the South End zone they could add 5,000 more seats just by filling in the corners. and it would not interfer with the wave.
Literally none of your numbers are correct. Not a single one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT