ADVERTISEMENT

New Joe Toussaint video: "Meet the Freshman"

I give him a year or two before he transfers out. He sounds pretty urban to me, and this team is heavily rural-white.

Hope I'm wrong.

Is my projection poorly contextualized? I think it’s perfectly contextualized, given our history with early departures.

Why the hell would anyone speculate about whether an incoming freshman, who hasn't played a solitary second of basketball at Iowa, will transfer? And why make it about race? Brady Ellingson left early. Was that about race? Have any former players said "I left because there were too many white kids"? I don't think the players care what race their teammates happen to be.

Is my projection poorly contextualized? I think it’s perfectly contextualized, given our history with early departures.

Why the hell would anyone speculate about whether an incoming freshman, who hasn't played a solitary second of basketball at Iowa, will transfer? And why make it about race? Brady Ellingson left early. Was that about race? Have any former players said "I left because there were too many white kids"? I don't think the players care what race their teammates happen to be.

Ellingson sucked, and yes, white or black, players leave due to suckiness. Smart observation.

I’m just preparing folks to steel themselves against the likelihood of Toussaint leaving early.

I give him a year or two before he transfers out. He sounds pretty urban to me, and this team is heavily rural-white.

Hope I'm wrong.

giphy.gif

Hope I'm wrong.

giphy.gif

During my semester at Iowa, why did all the black kids hang out together in virtually every circumstance? Don’t be naive.

Alan looks like a great player and I hope he sticks around, but the Bronx is the home of
hip hop and people who talk and look like him. I wonder why Vivian Stringer and George Raveling left.

During my semester at Iowa, why did all the black kids hang out together in virtually every circumstance? Don’t be naive.

Alan looks like a great player and I hope he sticks around, but the Bronx is the home of
hip hop and people who talk and look like him. I wonder why Vivian Stringer and George Raveling left.
Now I know you're high on crack.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: perryhawk
I always get a kick out of the red herrings and ad hominem attacks that result from those who refuse to comment honestly on my statement.

The onus isn’t on me. It’s on everyone else who thinks Toussaint will stay in IC for 4 years.

and I wonder why so many black players have stayed and played. Give me a break. You're jumping the gun pretty early on this.

I always get a kick out of the red herrings and ad hominem attacks that result from those who refuse to comment honestly on my statement.

The onus isn’t on me. It’s on everyone else who thinks Toussaint will stay in IC for 4 years.
? His name isn't Alan. Doh!

and I wonder why so many black players have stayed and played. Give me a break. You're jumping the gun pretty early on this.

But haven’t an unusual number left?

A good poster’s job, first and foremost, is to avoid cliche and the pedestrian observation. They should raise concerns and points others haven’t brought up, so chill.

Sorry for the Alan mistake earlier. That is a little embarrassing. I’m a huge fan of Alan Touissant’s music, and he’s been on heavy rotation since he died.

? His name isn't Alan. Doh!

And Vivian Stringer stayed for a long time and didn't leave until her husband passed away, and then it was to be closer to her family so that they could help her care for her special needs child.
George Raveling was a single man who had a chance to coach at USC in Los Angeles. He left for opportunity.

A good poster’s job, first and foremost, is to avoid cliche and the pedestrian observation. They should raise concerns and points others haven’t brought up, so chill.

Sorry for the Alan mistake earlier. That is a little embarrassing. I’m a huge fan of Alan Touissant’s music, and he’s been on heavy rotation since he died.
Is that hip hop?

;)

Name one player who left Iowa under McC and transferred to team in a bigger, more East Coast city.

Is that hip hop?

;)

Name one player who left Iowa under McC and transferred to team in a bigger, more East Coast city.

It doesn’t have to be a bigger, east coast city. Literally any college basketball program and town has greater diversity than Iowa’s. I work with college basketball players daily, and they sit in my classroom and I read their personal essays, and being where they feel “culturally” comfortable is a big, BIG deal to them. Hopefully Joe will feel that way about IC and our majority white team.

It doesn’t have to be a bigger, east coast city. Literally any college basketball program and town has greater diversity than Iowa’s. I work with college basketball players daily, and they sit in my classroom and I read their personal essays, and being where they feel “culturally” comfortable is a big, BIG deal to them. Hopefully Joe will feel that way about IC and our majority white team.
Or another spin might be that JoeT helps open the door to some other NYC players... Some truth to what you are saying, but not the time to be saying it.

So no one? Can't think of one other than coaches from the last century who left for other reasons?

I’m guessing that Joe was fully aware of the roster composition at the time he committed, so that would be a weird reason to transfer out

Do you ever wonder why you have over 15,500 posts and yet your likes are 494,,,hmmm

Reactions: WildIowaCat
Do you ever wonder why you have over 15,500 posts and yet your likes are 494,,,hmmm

I've posted only a handful of times since the "like" feature was added. The bulk of my posting time (2001-2007) there was no "like" feature.

Do you dig, wiseass?

Since 2011, Iowa's lost to early departure Ingram, Dickerson, Dale Jones, Christian Williams, Wagner, Hutton, Moss, Dailey, and Cook.

That's about one a year, and you can take the public exit interviews for what they are--a PR dick dance, imo--and I'll read between the lines and assume this is likely systemic. Especially for a program that often runs 10-deep any given game.

Since 2011, Iowa's lost to early departure Ingram, Dickerson, Dale Jones, Christian Williams, Wagner, Hutton, Moss, Dailey, and Cook.

That's about one a year, and you can take the public interviews for what they are--a PR dick dance, imo--and I'll read between the lines and assume this is likely systemic. Especially for a program that often runs 10-deep any given game.

Maybe there's something there, maybe there isn't. But speculating about a transfer before Toussaint has even played is like going to a wedding and placing bets on when the couple will get divorced.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Maybe there's something there, maybe there isn't. But speculating about a transfer before Toussaint has even played is like going to a wedding and placing bets on when the couple will get divorced.

That's a pretty good analogy, so I'll grant you that and respectfully bow out of this thread.

I really hope Joe loves our great state and program, and stays for the duration of his eligibility.

Cheers.

That's about one a year, and you can take the public exit interviews for what they are--a PR dick dance, imo--and I'll read between the lines and assume this is likely systemic. Especially for a program that often runs 10-deep any given game.
Again, anyone who played more than a backup roll?

Again, anyone who played more than a backup roll?

Wait, what? You are lumping COOK in there? Get real...

Maybe, but the Aaron Fullers are definitely out there.

Lickliter. Period. You neglected to.mention the several white players that left under him. Bad argument.

Using the terms red herring and ad hominem doesn't make your argument any less stupid. And yes the onus is on you. You were the one suggesting something that hasn't happened and may not happen, which puts the onus 100% on you. You are a predicting a possible eventuality, that is not reality and has not come to pass. That is 100% speculation, nobody has to disprove your speculation. That's not how logic and arguments work. You are positing something that isn't reality and want people to disprove unreality. Your argument is no different and no more valid than my saying Santa Claus is real and then saying the onus is on you to disprove me.

giphy.gif

Each individual is unique so no assumptions can be made about Joe or any players comfort zone at college but Howlers observations on human nature are valid .
Hope we achieve more diversity in coming recruiting classes.
Looking at Frans targets if he has success it will happen.

Reactions: the Howler
Damn, I have seen the word "onus" more in this thread than previously my entire life, and I have been around a while and read a lot.

Social engineering is a ****ing disease, and those that prescribe to it are mentally weak. Diversity should happen organically, people should flow to where they feel comfortable and not rely on melanin levels to make them “happy”. Anyone who tells you differently is a damn fraud.

People need to just focus on having an open heart and open mind, and let all that other race garbage fall away... leave it for wisecracks and laughs later down the road when we all are friends or at least cordial..

Plenty of young people from all walks of life, ethnicities and skin tones work closely together in life and death situations every day as a team in our completely VOLUNTEER military... they don’t effing whine about “culture” and cry for their tribal security blanket... it’s a bunch of bullshit...

Ball don’t lie...you can play or you can’t... skin color don’t matter.

Last edited:
Social engineering is a ****ing disease, and those that prescribe to it are mentally weak. Diversity should happen organically, people should flow to where they feel comfortable and not rely on melanin levels to make them “happy”. Anyone who tells you differently is a damn fraud.

Plenty of young people from all walks of life, ethnicities and skin tones work closely together in life and death situations every day as a team in our completely VOLUNTEER military... they don’t effing whine about “culture” and cry for their tribal security blanket... it’s a bunch of bullshit...

Ball don’t lie...you can play or you can’t... skin color don’t matter.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT