ADVERTISEMENT

New potential OL transfer

BigOHawk

HR Heisman
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
Barnett coached him at Miami of OH and was a four year starter there, including C and G experience. For those wondering how he can enter portal, I think the rule is a grad transfer can go anytime or outside the normal portal windows, similar to Cade last fall.

Is he any good, beyond being a starter at Miami, OH last year? Looks like he was an Academic All-MAC, that's the only post-season recognition I saw.

Any veteran OLmen helps at this point. Depth on the OL has been poor for almost a decade now. The past 2 seasons have been our worst OL's in the KF era. We have guys that have now started 2 or 3 years on the OL that have barely made any progress if any. Iowa needs more depth and more talent.

He was new comer offensive player of the year on the team his freshman year. He looks like a huge improvement at center but maybe goes to gaurd. I'd prefer him at center. I think bouncing from guard to center may have something to do with lack of awards

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Barnett coached him at Miami of OH and was a four year starter there, including C and G experience. For those wondering how he can enter portal, I think the rule is a grad transfer can go anytime or outside the normal portal windows, similar to Cade last fall.

That should guarantee us the national championship!! :D

Any veteran OLmen helps at this point. Depth on the OL has been poor for almost a decade now. The past 2 seasons have been our worst OL's in the KF era. We have guys that have now started 2 or 3 years on the OL that have barely made any progress if any. Iowa needs more depth and more talent.
last year was a combination of the worst ol in b1g and the least pocket-aware and least agile qb in cfb. it is amazing to think that with only one of those deficiencies we likely would’ve muddled into an outstanding (10+ wins) season last year

He was new comer offensive player of the year on the team his freshman year. He looks like a huge improvement at center but maybe goes to gaurd. I'd prefer him at center. I think bouncing from guard to center may have something to do with lack of awards
Maybe he would make a great right tackle which is where a real problem has been.

last year was a combination of the worst ol in b1g and the least pocket-aware and least agile qb in cfb. it is amazing to think that with only one of those deficiencies we likely would’ve muddled into an outstanding (10+ wins) season last year
I agree. However Iowa is also lucky to be in a weak power 5 division. Iowa definitely benefits in the W-L department by being in the B1G West. I want to see Iowa improve to the level where they're a legit top 20 team and can compete with the top teams. A real legit top 20 team that isn't just winning a weak B1G West only to get blown out in the B1G Championship or bowl game by actual good teams. KF and Iowa had those legit top 20 teams in his first 10-11 years or so of coaching. KF needs to improve the offense in a lot of areas to get the program back to where he once had it. In my opinion KF's best Iowa teams were 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008 and 2009.

I agree. However Iowa is also lucky to be in a weak power 5 division. Iowa definitely benefits in the W-L department by being in the B1G West. I want to see Iowa improve to the level where they're a legit top 20 team and can compete with the top teams. A real legit top 20 team that isn't just winning a weak B1G West only to get blown out in the B1G Championship or bowl game by actual good teams. KF and Iowa had those legit top 20 teams in his first 10-11 years or so of coaching. KF needs to improve the offense in a lot of areas to get the program back to where he once had it. In my opinion KF's best Iowa teams were 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008 and 2009.
Offense does need to improve a lot no question but with either a middleof the pack oline OR middle of pack qb we put up a respectable showing against anyone with the D we had.

Lol Iowa fans begging for average MAC players all while Nebraska and Wisconsin rack up 4 and 5 star recruits and transfers from legit power 5 programs.
I know Nebraska's win with Rouse was huge. I couldn't believe he chose Nebraska because, well, you know...because Stanford guys are supposed to be pretty smart. Wait...why is Rouse wearing an Oklahoma uniform in his latest Twitter feed.

Also...you should do some research on 4th and 5th year MAC guys...especially OL / DL guys. Take a look at Jack Heflin's play at Iowa...great add to the defense...and still with the Packers I believe.

I know Nebraska's win with Rouse was huge. I couldn't believe he chose Nebraska because, well, you know...because Stanford guys are supposed to be pretty smart. Wait...why is Rouse wearing an Oklahoma uniform in his latest Twitter feed.

Also...you should do some research on 4th and 5th year MAC guys...especially OL / DL guys. Take a look at Jack Heflin's play at Iowa...great add to the defense...and still with the Packers I believe.
As was VVB a solid addition to the DL...

All guys who weren't playing at their old schools. So, maybe they were just stuck on a great team, and maybe they were just over rated in the first place......

They definitely weren’t good enough to start at Georgia. But then again Georgia has like eight 5* recruits on both sides of the ball…so…probably still don’t suck. Believe the 5* has three years to play & the 4* has four years to play. Certainly wouldn’t turn them down if they chose Iowa. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jones is a great athlete and a weight room Warrior. He will be outstanding .
Good deal. We need him to anchor the line and understand that a switch like that to center couldn't have been easy. I thought he played his best game in the bowl despite some monster dtackles for Kentucky.

Because that's a realistic goal for Iowa given the current landscape.
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Reactions: Bishop1971
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT