ADVERTISEMENT

New Survey of Presidential experts Ranks Biden last place

noleclone2

HR Legend
May 4, 2015
Wait, hold on, my bad-they ranked Trump last place. Biden was 14th. Anyway, Happy Presidents’ Day!

“In a recent survey conducted by a panel of experts specializing in the American presidency, President Biden was ranked 14th-best president, while his likely 2024 presidential opponent former President Donald Trump found himself at the bottom of the list.

The 2024 Presidential Greatness Project Expert Survey which was conducted from Nov. 15 to Dec. 31, included current and recent members of the Presidents and Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which is the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics.”

Trump is worse than Buchanan?
Ya know the guy that protected slavery and decided to do nothing in the face of secession which led to 1 Million+ dead?

Reactions: IANDFAN
Yep.

Trump campaigning in 1861: “Everyone says I own the best slaves. No one knows more about slavery than me. Abe “Stinkin“ Lincoln is weak on slavery.”
"A lot of people are saying it's like summer camp for the slaves, okay. Beautiful slave quarters — that I can tell you. I walk into these slave quarters and I say, "Wow, look at these slave quarters." These slaves get fresh air and sunshine EVERY DAY. AND THE SINGING IN THE FIELDS — am I right? BEAUTIFUL SINGING! If they weren't happy, they wouldn't be singing, okay. A lot of Confederates come up to me, big rebels who never cry. They come up to me, with tears in their eyes, and they say, "Sir, the slaves have it made! You must protect our way of life!" And that's what I'm doing. This isn't about slavery, it's about economics. Believe me — it's about economics. Big, beautiful economics."

Wait, hold on, my bad-they ranked Trump last place. Biden was 14th. Anyway, Happy Presidents’ Day!

“In a recent survey conducted by a panel of experts specializing in the American presidency, President Biden was ranked 14th-best president, while his likely 2024 presidential opponent former President Donald Trump found himself at the bottom of the list.

The 2024 Presidential Greatness Project Expert Survey which was conducted from Nov. 15 to Dec. 31, included current and recent members of the Presidents and Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which is the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics.”

I can't believe that I saw Fox News report this.. I was in shock

Reactions: noleclone2
Yep.

Trump campaigning in 1861: “Everyone says I own the best slaves. No one knows more about slavery than me. Abe “Stinkin“ Lincoln is weak on slavery.”
If we are being hypothetical wouldn't a Democrat be making those comments or claims?
Lincoln was a Republican and wanted an end to slavery.

• Haha
Reactions: PackerHawkeye1
"A lot of people are saying it's like summer camp for the slaves, okay. Beautiful slave quarters — that I can tell you. I walk into these slave quarters and I say, "Wow, look at these slave quarters." These slaves get fresh air and sunshine EVERY DAY. AND THE SINGING IN THE FIELDS — am I right? BEAUTIFUL SINGING! If they weren't happy, they wouldn't be singing, okay. A lot of Confederates come up to me, big rebels who never cry. They come up to me, with tears in their eyes, and they say, "Sir, the slaves have it made! You must protect our way of life!" And that's what I'm doing. This isn't about slavery, it's about economics. Believe me — it's about economics. Big, beautiful economics."
That is pretty good

If we are being hypothetical wouldn't a Democrat be making those comments or claims?

There was a fundamental shift on party views of civil rights - and black rights in particular - after the Civil Rights Act and the civil rights era. Saying the Democratic Party today is weak on civil rights is a bit like saying the Cubs are a bunch of slow white guys because that's who they were sixty years ago.

Besides, this is about Trump; how his brain works, and where he would stand on slaves in this hypothetical situation.

There was a fundamental shift on party views of civil rights - and black rights in particular - after the Civil Rights Act and the civil rights era. Saying the Democratic Party today is weak on civil rights is a bit like saying the Cubs are a bunch of slow white guys because that's who they were sixty years ago.

Besides, this is about Trump; how his brain works, and where he would stand on slaves in this hypothetical situation.
Didn't Biden just create or suggest a program for migrants to come work in homes for their housing?

Maybe the cubs are a bunch or white dudes still eh?

Yeah but hypothetically he could be a Republican and call for end to slavery in that time frame.
Or hypothetically do hypotheticals only work it aligns with a specific narrative?

FWIW, his supporters are the scum of the earth.

I actually disagree. There are a lot of different Trump supporters - even if we narrow it down to the really dedicated and excited ones.

I know several who are good people. Solid citizens, good employees, upright folks. But they are simply not deep thinkers, and are prone to letting their emotions guide them on political issues. They are naïve about our government and the fragility of our democracy, easily fooled by lies on social media, and have a narrow world view and narrow world experiences. They truly do not like "liberals" and enjoy a tough-talking guy who will talk smack to them. They truly are scared of immigrants and enjoy a tough-talking guy who will talk smack about them. But it's just kind of a game to them.

Now, there are also a bunch of true crazies - and we saw them on 1/6. And there are some mean-SOBs like the evangelicals. And white nationalists. Definitely crap people. But a lot of Trump supporters are actually okay people - even though I can't get my arms around this blind spot with them.

Trump is worse than Buchanan?
Ya know the guy that protected slavery and decided to do nothing in the face of secession which led to 1 Million+ dead?

I would argue he is and here is why. The bad from Buchanan came from his in-action. The bad from Trump his intentional attempts to destroy democracy are intentional and are coming from his own action.

I actually disagree. There are a lot of different Trump supporters - even if we narrow it down to the really dedicated and excited ones.

I know several who are good people. Solid citizens, good employees, upright folks. But they are simply not deep thinkers, and are prone to letting their emotions guide them on political issues. They are naïve about our government and the fragility of our democracy, easily fooled by lies on social media, and have a narrow world view and narrow world experiences. They truly do not like "liberals" and enjoy a tough-talking guy who will talk smack to them. They truly are scared of immigrants and enjoy a tough-talking guy who will talk smack about them. But it's just kind of a game to them.

Now, there are also a bunch of true crazies - and we saw them on 1/6. And there are some mean-SOBs like the evangelicals. And white nationalists. Definitely crap people. But a lot of Trump supporters are actually okay people - even though I can't get my arms around this blind spot with them.

Just say they are ignorant piece of shit human... would have been easier

I would argue he is and here is why. The bad from Buchanan came from his in-action. The bad from Trump his intentional attempts to destroy democracy are intentional and are coming from his own action.
You make a good point but we survived 4 years with the mad man. I don't recall a war on U.S. soil where 1,000,000 plus died.

You make a good point but we survived 4 years with the mad man. I don't recall a war on U.S. soil where 1,000,000 plus died.

First issue is could Buchanan have absolutely prevented the civil war and at the same time bring slavery to an end? You seem to be operating under the assumption that if Buchanan acted, the civil war never happens and slavery ends. I don't think you can confidently say that.

Second issue is how many lives is Democracy and all of the rights and prosperity that comes with it worth? Because not only our country but a lot of our allies have expended a lot of lives to maintain their democracy and we generally talk about it as being worth the sacrifice.

I honestly don't want to answer because I don't want to be making that sacrifice myself. But by drawing this comparison you are directly bringing into the equation the loss of democracy vs. lives lost in the civil war.

First issue is could Buchanan have absolutely prevented the civil war and at the same time bring slavery to an end? You seem to be operating under the assumption that if Buchanan acted, the civil war never happens and slavery ends. I don't think you can confidently say that.

Second issue is how many lives is Democracy and all of the rights and prosperity that comes with it worth?
I don't know because we are speaking in hypotheticals but he still did nothing and clearly it wasn't a great move.

Democracy voted Trump in. Democracy voted him out. Why do people keep saying he is a threat to democracy?
He is getting sued out the ass and we have check and balances in place. I also think it's possible since the party stupidly ties him to every possible candidate that Dems will have both the senate and house during his term if he were to win. So nothing gets passed. Also those 3 letter agencies are incredibly gifted at taking out a target when need be.

I don't know because we are speaking in hypotheticals but he still did nothing and clearly it wasn't a great move.

Democracy voted Trump in. Democracy voted him out. Why do people keep saying he is a threat to democracy?
He is getting sued out the ass and we have check and balances in place. I also think it's possible since the party stupidly ties him to every possible candidate that Dems will have both the senate and house during his term if he were to win. So nothing gets passed. Also those 3 letter agencies are incredibly gifted at taking out a target when need be.

He tried to game the system and do a whole bunch of illegal shit to stay in power after that democracy voted him out.

He's absolutely a threat to democracy because a core thing about democracy is that you leave when democracy votes you out. When it votes you and and you try to stay you are fighting against democracy.

And he has enough people who are cultishly subservient to his whims that he will almost certainly try to game the system and break the law again to force his way into power if he loses. And I'm guessing if he wins he will probably try to game the system and do illegal stuff to stay in power after Jan 2029.

Democracy did not vote him in. Our antiquated electoral process did. He is 0/2 on the popular vote yet 1/2 on elections.

Well, based on Trump leaning heavily toward favoring dictatorships vs. Democracy, wouldn’t we hypothetically assume he would side more with the south, and claim to have the biggest plantation in the south, with the most slaves?

He‘s criticized Lincoln as recently as last month, stating he would have done a better job than Lincoln by negotiating. I believe the only negotiation to prevent war would have been to continue with slavery. The south attacked the north first at Ft. Sumter.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
Because he quite literally attempted to undermine the actual vote with illegal acts.
A 'bloodless coup', if you want a term to apply to it.
Yeah and the powers that be made sure he isn't in office. Last I remember Biden resides at 1600 Penn Ave or did something happen before I woke up this morning?

Well, based on Trump leaning heavily toward favoring dictatorships vs. Democracy, wouldn’t we hypothetically assume he would side more with the south, and claim to have the biggest plantation in the south, with the most slaves?

He‘s criticized Lincoln as recently as last month, stating he would have done a better job than Lincoln by negotiating. I believe the only negotiation to prevent war would have been to continue with slavery. The south attacked the north first at Ft. Sumter.
I think hypothetically with his rhetoric you could be correct. I'll look into it but if what you say is true about him doing better than Lincoln that is laughable and just makes him look like an ass, but also hypothetically if he stayed in his party as a R he would be on the good side.

Hypothetically also we could talk about Biden in this situation as well. He is actually the descendant of slave owners.

Why do people keep saying he is a threat to democracy?

You can't be this naïve, can you? Because if he has very electoral votes based on the actual results this November, you are going to be shocked at what happens next. And people like me will be shocked that you are shocked.

Four years ago, with nobody even contemplating the extent to which he would go to overturn the election, there are state, local, and federal officials who gladly jumped on the bandwagon on a minute's notice, claimed the election was rigged, and refused to certify the results. Just imagine what it is going to be like this year, after they have all had four years to plan for it. Absolutely some states, where the GOP controls the legislature but the people vote for Biden, will aggressively move to strike the results.

He wants to be able to overturn the results of a democratic election. He has massive support on that subject. How can you be so obtuse as to not see he is a legitimate threat?

Reactions: BrianNole777
I think hypothetically with his rhetoric you could be correct. I'll look into it but if what you say is true about him doing better than Lincoln that is laughable and just makes him look like an ass, but also hypothetically if he stayed in his party as a R he would be on the good side.

You can't be this naïve, can you? Because if he has very electoral votes based on the actual results this November, you are going to be shocked at what happens next. And people like me will be shocked that you are shocked.

Four years ago, with nobody even contemplating the extent to which he would go to overturn the election, there are state, local, and federal officials who gladly jumped on the bandwagon on a minute's notice, claimed the election was rigged, and refused to certify the results. Just imagine what it is going to be like this year, after they have all had four years to plan for it. Absolutely some states, where the GOP controls the legislature but the people vote for Biden, will aggressively move to strike the results.

He wants to be able to overturn the results of a democratic election. He has massive support on that subject. How can you be so obtuse as to not see he is a legitimate threat?
I think if he was a threat he would still be Prez now when he is clearly not. I just don't buy that he would be a dictator either. I'm not voting for Trump but I find the thought of us turning into North Korea in a 2-4 year span laughable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT