ADVERTISEMENT

New TV series for wife and I

My biggest problem with cilantro is telling it from Italian parsley...without tasting it, of course.
This is funny. Some cilantro taste terrible but I get some that I really like. Is it a matter of how fresh it is or are there different varieties of it, or what?

Wife (no pic) and I started Peaky Blinders last week and we are already starting season 3. Love this show. We found the accents hard to follow and recently added Closed Captioning. Add CC was a game changer for watching this show. So many times we would ask each other, “what did they just say?”. The great thing about Peaky Blinders was that it didn’t matter what they were saying, we still got the overall message.

As for almost all of the other mentioned series, we’ve seen most, in not all of them. Peaky Blinders was overlooked, I think due to the title. Sounded dumb. Thanks to HROT, we gave it a shot.

For those that are always reommending Bosch...We tried to watch it and thought the acting was poor. I’ve even read a few of the Harry Bosch book series and was hoping to like it. I think it’s the lead. I just don’t care for that guy as an actor. I think we gave it 3 episodes before we bailed on it.

If you watch anything other than Goliath and Billions next, you're doing it wrong. Tin Star after that.

To start, no pic of wife.

We just finished the Americans so we are looking for another series to start after the kids go to bed. We have access to Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO, and some Fx (apparently they have tiers).

We’ve seen (or caught up on):
  • Americans
  • Suits
  • Sopranos
  • Breaking Bad
  • The Crown
  • Jack Ryan

I’m watching without her (on her yoga nights):
  • Vikings
  • Game of Thrones
  • Better Call Saul

We have no interest in:
  • Walking Dead
  • Westworld
  • Making a Murderer
  • Stranger Things
  • House of Cards
  • American Horror Story
  • Mr Robot

Man in the High Castle
Ozark
Homecoming

Is Jack Ryan worth it?
Don't sleep on Mr Robot.

Catastrophe on Amazon Prime was a really funny series. Surprised I haven't seen it listed yet.

Jack Ryan was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. There is kind of a give and take with the plot line of the entire Ryan movie series.
Mr. Robot is awesome. Sometimes creepily awesome.

We made it through Jack Ryan, but found Jim Halpert pretty sketch as the lead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT