ADVERTISEMENT

News Flash..............Iowa is NOT playing PSU tomorrow per CBS

KuwaitHawk

HR Legend
Apr 18, 2004

It's a whiteout! How to watch Iowa State Hawkeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions game​

Story by Meredith Gordon
The No. 24 Iowa State Hawkeyes hit the road this weekend to face an undefeated No. 7 Penn State team. The 1-2 Hawkeyes will be shorthanded for this stellar top-25 matchup, head coach Kirk Ferentz announced this week. Iowa's star tight end Luke Lachey, along with running backs Kaleb Johnson and Jaziun Patterson, will miss one of the seven historic ranked matchups in Week 4 of the 2023 NCAA college football season.
The Hawkeyes ended their non-conference slate last week with a 41-10 win over the Western Michigan Broncos. Fans can expect them to try to build on the success they found in Week 3, as they take on the undefeated Penn State team -- in a whiteout, no less.
A whiteout is a Penn State tradition. During select Nittany Lions home games, spectators come dressed in all white. Your move, Hawkeyes fans.

How to watch the Iowa State vs. Penn State NCAA college football game​

The Iowa State Hawkeyes take on the Penn State Nittany Lions Saturday, Sept. 23 at 7:30 p.m. ET (4:30 p.m. PT). You can watch the game live on CBS.

It's a whiteout! How to watch Iowa State Hawkeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions game​

Story by Meredith Gordon
The No. 24 Iowa State Hawkeyes hit the road this weekend to face an undefeated No. 7 Penn State team. The 1-2 Hawkeyes will be shorthanded for this stellar top-25 matchup, head coach Kirk Ferentz announced this week. Iowa's star tight end Luke Lachey, along with running backs Kaleb Johnson and Jaziun Patterson, will miss one of the seven historic ranked matchups in Week 4 of the 2023 NCAA college football season.
The Hawkeyes ended their non-conference slate last week with a 41-10 win over the Western Michigan Broncos. Fans can expect them to try to build on the success they found in Week 3, as they take on the undefeated Penn State team -- in a whiteout, no less.
A whiteout is a Penn State tradition. During select Nittany Lions home games, spectators come dressed in all white. Your move, Hawkeyes fans.

The Iowa State Hawkeyes take on the Penn State Nittany Lions Saturday, Sept. 23 at 7:30 p.m. ET (4:30 p.m. PT). You can watch the game live on CBS.
Sweet journalism.

Don't keep your day job Meredith. You should know better than to fat finger Iowa into Iowa State. I am sure she is being roasted on social media as I type.

1*HbYaml1WjCIBSw0PI_ou7g.jpeg

Meredith Gordon

shutterstock_245726512-scaled-940x940.jpg

That’s just how irrelevant Iowa football is, no one gives af that Iowa is a slightly taller midget than isu.

Just laziness. Just a lazy "journalist" who gives zero sh*ts about the quality of her work. This is the world we live in.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Did anyone else pick up on the fact that she used iowa states 1-2 record yet she was to dumb to also question why a 1-2 team would be ranked.
She missed the boat on a ton of stuff here. What’s even worse is that this bitch is more then likely getting paid more money then most of us on here.

Last edited:
Did anyone else pick up on the fact that she used iowa states 1-2 record yet she was to dumb to also question why a 1-2 team would be ranked.
She missed the boat on a ton of stuff here. What’s even worse is that this bitch is more then likely getting paid more then I am.
Wow, no one outside the state of Iowa cares about either school enough to know they’re equal, but separate.

Wow, no one outside the state of Iowa cares about either school enough to know they’re equal, but separate.
while I agree, it’s pretty sad that absolutely zero research was done. I’m not even sure how you can be so blind. You look up a record for iowa state and you see 1-2 and you should be able to see cyclones attached to iowa state.
Where do you then get the Hawkeyes and the fact that they are ranked. You don’t even need to be a sports fan that she claims to be. All it takes is 2 seconds to look something up. She apparently only took a second to look it up.

Story by Meredith Gordon

does anybody know of any "alternative" channels than CBS? my DISH network in its infinite wisdom has decided to get into a contract dispute with CBS, so no CBS for now. I guess I will have to try to find a sports bar up here in the mountains of North Georgia. oh, well.

• Wow
Reactions: HawkPocrisy
does anybody know of any "alternative" channels than CBS? my DISH network in its infinite wisdom has decided to get into a contract dispute with CBS, so no CBS for now. I guess I will have to try to find a sports bar up here in the mountains of North Georgia. oh, well.
I had a similar problem with Dish and ABC a couple of years ago. If you live within 50-60 miles of a CBS station, you can buy an over the air antenna and watch the game. It worked very well.

In other games, the Iowa Cyclones (god it's uncomfortable to type that) play at the Penn Quakers.

Not only did she F-up the facts, the writing is terrible. Reading that is like driving down a bumpy gravel road with potholes.

She missed the boat on a ton of stuff here. What’s even worse is that this bitch is more then likely getting paid more money then most of us on here.
Where the hell was their editor or proof readers? Just poor all the way around.

Try the CBS sports app on your phone

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
An award-winning journalist!

Meredith Gordon is changing how the sports world values female consumers. An award-winning digital storyteller who has reached 20MM readers.

Also, LOL:

Just laziness. Just a lazy "journalist" who gives zero sh*ts about the quality of her work. This is the world we live in.
AI probably wrote it and she just put her name on it w/o proofing it or her editor. This is where journalism is in our country. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

In other games, the Iowa Cyclones (god it's uncomfortable to type that) play at the Penn Quakers.

Not only did she F-up the facts, the writing is terrible. Reading that is like driving down a bumpy gravel road with potholes.
While trying to hold a camera and film it and then ask a 10 year old to watch it back for the next 8 hours.........

• Haha
Reactions: HawkPocrisy
Thank you for not disagreeing with the fact that Iowa State = Iowa. You're finally starting to accept reality.
Aren't your edits suppose to try to offend me?

This is just lazy. I'll take that all day if you won't refute that Iowa State is better than Nebraska.

Because copying me and editing everyone's posts because I triggered you doing that once upon a time, just tells me that you've resigned yourself to the fact that Nebraska sucks worse than Iowa State at football.

I need to hear it from you, if you dare to disagree. Not from an edited quote of mine, or anyone else. Otherwise, I just have to assume you've saltily accepted your fate......... :cool:

Aren't your edits suppose to try to offend me?

This is just lazy. I'll take that all day if you won't refute that Iowa State is better than Nebraska.

Because copying me and editing everyone's posts because I triggered you doing that once upon a time, just tells me that you've resigned yourself to the fact that Nebraska sucks worse than Iowa State at football.

I need to hear it from you, if you dare to disagree. Not from an edited quote of mine, or anyone else. Otherwise, I just have to assume you've saltily accepted your fate......... :cool:
Accept? He’ll deny it 25 hours a day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT