*****Penn St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8pm BTN
Iowa -8.5
O/U 161.5

Penn State (14-14, 8-9) visits Carver riding a two game winning streak. Iowa (16-12, 8-9) is clinging to narrow NCAA bid.

LAST 10 GAMES: Hawkeyes: 5-5, averaging 78.8 points, 32.3 rebounds, 13.5 assists, 5.7 steals and 4.1 blocks per game while shooting 47.8% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 80.2 points per game.

Nittany Lions: 5-5, averaging 73.3 points, 29.6 rebounds, 13.2 assists, 7.6 steals and 3.8 blocks per game while shooting 45.1% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 73.7 points.

Both of these teams are Meh. Give me 83-74 Hawks only because the home crowd is going to be jacked up on sugary Carver cones.

EnuoUpk.jpeg

Have a full game performance equivalent to the first 3/4th of a game performance at Illinois.
Owen....stay clean on fouls

Any chance - no matter how remote - for an at-large bid rests on tonight's result.

Win = still a resident in the outskirts of Bubbleville.

Lose = moving to a 3 tiny rooms & a half-bath apartment with bad plumbing in NIT town.

I like Patrick as a role player but he can't be out there if the going gets tough at the end and Penn State just starts driving the ball to the basket. He simply can't body someone up when the game gets physical.
I hold my breath every time he dribbles into traffic It’s like watching a child crawling across a high ledge - high risk and imminent danger but the kid might actually somehow make it through safely.

Like the kid and all that (of couse!) ... but did anyone notice last game when Pmac sauntered into the lane, got into the air to make a short pass and it closed, so he "shot it" two-handed like a soccer throw in? Lol.

It would be tempting to say he plays out of control but that kinda implies moving too fast. Nope, this all happens in slow motion.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Our guards didn't play well in the first PSU game, if I remember correctly. PSU is down a starting guard, which has to help. Gotta win out in the final 3 to dance.

Took the kittens getting 9. Just think they’re gonna hang all night cuz they seem to give us fits

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT