ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Brooks announcement link

boom smile GIF

I will temper my excitement until he plays a game for Iowa. Big commitment however!
Right?

How about until he officially signs that letter and shows up to practice.

Then I'll believe that we actually got a decent OL recruit over those SEC schools.

P.S. watch Bama send Proctor to try to recruit him back away from Iowa.

Reactions: kkhawk
I kind of see this as the beginning of the recruiting process for him. If he totally shuts things down and stays with Iowa, great, but other programs are not going to stop recruiting him.

It's truly wild how miserable some fans can be. Even when we get a win, they still find a way to go full-Eeyore.
why even report a signing until a player actually plays a down? Why even report playing time until they actually start a game? Why even report starting a game until they actually make a play? why even report making plays until they actually make a play to win a game? why even report winning a game until the game actually means something?

Reactions: chuck285
It's truly wild how miserable some fans can be. Even when we get a win, they still find a way to go full-Eeyore.

Yes it is great news that Brooks committed.

I wouldn't go on twitter, but it is in the back of my mind that Piersbacher (sp) and Proctor were also both committed and from Iowa until Alabama came calling. That isn't being miserable, just reality.

I wonder what dipshit poster Ron is here. So many options.

Really good pickup. With some time with our S&C staff I could see him stepping in somewhat early.
Maybe so, but lets face it alot of folks still have a bad taste from the whole Proctor deal still being fresh. I find it hard to get to excited about commits these days until they're actually enrolled, and then we have the portal to deal with should the kid not get early PT....

Kind of crazy there isn't more chatter about his commitment. If he ends up signing with the Hawks that's a huge get.

Reactions: littlez
I know stars are only stars, and our staff has done a ton with 2* guys, BUT it doesn't hurt to start to build a highly ranked class. The reality is some kids do want to know what you are bringing in, and if you can say #20th ranked class instead of #40th ranked class, why not use that on the recruiting trail? It can't hurt. Good deal! Hope he turns into a good one.

Reactions: AlvySinger and Torg
Maybe so, but lets face it alot of folks still have a bad taste from the whole Proctor deal still being fresh. I find it hard to get to excited about commits these days until they're actually enrolled, and then we have the portal to deal with should the kid not get early PT....
Agreed. I have no problem with celebrating a verbal commitment like this, but “Ron” isn’t wrong. We all know verbal commitments are almost meaningless these days and that the recruiting process seldom stops until the kid signs.

In the age of NIL, the school with the biggest bag of money often wins. Facts. Iowa doesn’t have the biggest bag of money. Proctor is obviously fresh in people’s minds, and for good reason — that kind of scenario is playing out across the country repeatedly these days.

Good to hear that Brooks has verbaled. Hope he eventually signs, but forgive many of us if we choose to save our celebrations for when he actually becomes a Hawk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT