ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley surges past DeSantis in New Hampshire as Trump maintains lead

Fact remains that unless one of the others gets within 10 points of Trump in Iowa or NH, it’s game over. This primary will be done by second week of February.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Disagree.

That line works against Trump....ain't gonna land with Nikki.

Gonna have to rewrite the playbook.

That's why she'd be dangerous in a general...3/4 of the Dem play book goes out the window.
Nikki is the one most capable of beating Biden imo. I think she would. She would get the suburban soccer mom vote.

I don't understand how Rs can't see this but given the state of the party, it shouldn't surprise me.

Nikki is the one most capable of beating Biden imo. I think she would. She would get the suburban soccer mom vote.

I don't understand how Rs can't see this but given the state of the party, it shouldn't surprise me.
Yep...if they actually want to win, vote Haley in the primary.

Reactions: srams21
It is going to be interesting to see the real results vs poll results this time around. I just cannot see 50% of Republicans voting for Trump...but then I see posts here and hear the people where I live talk...and maybe I am wrong.

Reactions: tumorboy
Heard Christie question the tiny sampling size of this poll.
I think he will be #2 in NH.
Haley's column in Sunday's DMR was total pander to Iowa farmer
and full of misinformation.
She could be viable if she was not such a liar and lacks courage to hammer Trump.

For a current republican nominee Haley isn't bad. I would put Christie ahead of her for me personally. He seems more genuine and is more willing to call out Trump than any other candidate. I could live with either of those candidates becoming president. Vivek and Trump are the no-go's for me.

For a current republican nominee Haley isn't bad. I would put Christie ahead of her for me personally. He seems more genuine and is more willing to call out Trump than any other candidate. I could live with either of those candidates becoming president. Vivek and Trump are the no-go's for me.
Unfortunately, there is no way either Christie or Haley will get the nomination.

She has proven during this cycle she is by far the most competent and capable candidate to take on Biden. Unfortunately the Maga Crew will not allow it to happen.
You and I agree on something. I don’t agree with her on everything by a long shot but she’s not a complete psycho either. And she would have competent people around her.

But it ain’t happening with Trump still breathing.

Reactions: hawkland14
Well if Nikki Haley gets your panties in a bunch it might be a you problem Tom.
She doesn't. It's people who would vote for her...after she acknowledges she would vote for the biggest PoS politician in US history...a guy who tried to overturn the election and encouraged people to attack our nation's capitol, that irritate me. Again, as much as you say you don't care for him, supporting a candidate who would, while he's in prison, says a lot about her and you for being fine with it. That's on you. Be proud. Gross.

She would at least behave like a normal person and try policy (I think).

The problem she has, and the others have, is that several million people are going to vote for Trump in Nov 2024. On the ballot or not.
If Trump is not on the ballot, does anyone really think that he won't be screaming about a rigged primary, and how he was cheated, and Haley is a Soros controlled plant, and the Marxists are trying to keep him from saving America? He will burn any other candidate to the ground versus support them. It's yet another of the fundamental errors that Ronna McDaniel and the rest of the establishment have failed to see in courting Trump and his cult.

She doesn't. It's people who would vote for her...after she acknowledges she would vote for the biggest PoS politician in US history...a guy who tried to overturn the election and encouraged people to attack our nation's capitol, that irritate me. Again, as much as you say you don't care for him, supporting a candidate who would, while he's in prison, says a lot about her and you for being fine with it. That's on you. Be proud. Gross.
When did she say she’d vote for him if he was in prison?

She's got very little shot at beating Biden, imo. Trump is kicking her ass. Biden beat his ass. So where do the votes come from? Even her own party is lukewarm on her. GOP Enthusiasm would probably plummet if she became the GOP nominee.

You and I agree on something. I don’t agree with her on everything by a long shot but she’s not a complete psycho either. And she would have competent people around her.

But it ain’t happening with Trump still breathing.
I do think it’s even money that Trump makes it alive to Election Day ‘24. Dude is looking worse each and everyday.

It is going to be interesting to see the real results vs poll results this time around. I just cannot see 50% of Republicans voting for Trump...but then I see posts here and hear the people where I live talk...and maybe I am wrong.
I think the ones supporting Trump are the ones motivated to vote in the primary. If voting was mandatory he wouldn't stand a chance. Apathy will nominate Trump a third time.

Fact remains that unless one of the others gets within 10 points of Trump in Iowa or NH, it’s game over. This primary will be done by second week of February.
It's been game over since Trump declared his candidacy. It's not known as the Retrumplican party for nothing.

For someone who doesn't like Trump, you'd vote for someone who bent the knee to him, because cowardice, and raised her hand when asked if she would vote for him again. Gross.
I would say she is acknowledging that his economic program/tax rate reductions in combination with his full-blown support of domestic drilling leads to prosperity. She will probably want to incorporate this stuff into her own administration.

This bent-knee hyperbolic rhetoric is simply spin from the radical Left. (Is she supposed to change her position on things or ignore the successes of President Trump? ... just to show that she is her own woman?) A candidate needs to take what was good under Trump and get back to that in a hurry once elected. Burned bridges hinder that. There was a lot of good in the Trump administration, but it was hidden behind the Russia nonsense.

Last edited:
Trump calling for Miley to be executed for treason isn't disqualifying. According to Haley. That appears to be still bending the knee.

I would say she is acknowledging that his economic program/tax rate reductions in combination with his full-blown support of domestic drilling leads to prosperity. She will probably want to incorporate this stuff into her own administration.

This bent-knee hyperbolic rhetoric is simply spin from the radical Left. (Is she supposed to change her position on things or ignore the successes of President Trump? ... just to show that she is her own woman?) A candidate needs to take what was good under Trump and get back to that in a hurry once elected. Burned bridges hinder that. There was a lot of good in the Trump administration, but it was hidden behind the Russia nonsense.
Sorry. There was and is nothing good about Trump. He is the worst threat to our nation since the Civil War, and those who continue to support him are complicit.

Desantis is not a no-go? He sure ought to be.

She said she would support him even if convicted of every crime of which he has been accused. She said she would pardon him of everything if she were president.

She bent the knee. And she did it because GOP voters across the country are so despicable they won’t support anyone who does not bend the knee to their idol.

Given the state of the GOP, we're not going to see a candidate that appears to be of decent character or someone who will take a principled take on Trump or even reveal their honest feelings about him.

Those types of candidates are not viable given the repulsive nature of the GOP base. With that understood you have to just hope that the relatively better ones rise to the top, that would be at least a sign of progress and Haley certainly seems to be among the relative best.

That said, it is almost certainly hopeless unless Trump dies, which depending on the circumstances would be absolutely terrific news.

I am not a radical lefty and I simply cannot support any politician that looks past Trump’s attempts to dismantle our democracy. Let alone says they would support him again. One of my best friends is a Haley fan and I get it on so many levels. There is a lot to like about her on many fronts. But sometimes in life you have to draw a line in the sand and I don’t believe it is hyperbolic at all to say Trump attempted to overthrow a free and fair election.

I don’t look down on Haley supporters, but she crossed my personal line in the sand. It’s honestly too bad as I know several people that feel the same. I guess she hopes we will forget about this come November 2024…and she is probably right, maybe most will. I will not.

She said she would support him even if convicted of every crime of which he has been accused. She said she would pardon him of everything if she were president.

She bent the knee. And she did it because GOP voters across the country are so despicable they won’t support anyone who does not bend the knee to their idol.
No Republican should pardon Trump. He wouldn’t quietly go away. We all know that. He’d immediately declare he’d the true leader of the party and issue edicts and opinions on everything, and attempt to browbeat whoever the president is.

Anyone but Trump….except Haley, DeSantis, Pence, Scott…oh we will accept Christie, but not Ramaswamy.

Every liberal on this board.

It doesn’t matter who the Republican’s pick in the primary, they won’t remotely support. Even if it is Christie, they are voting Biden. JFC, you all argue the same points every day, every week, every month. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: CaboKP
Anyone but Trump….except Haley, DeSantis, Pence, Scott…oh we will accept Christie, but not Ramaswamy.

It doesn’t matter who the Republican’s pick in the primary, they won’t remotely support. Even if it is Christie, they are voting Biden. JFC, you all argue the same points every day, every week, every month. Rinse and repeat.
Christie is no longer a trump bootlicker, but he once was. The rest of them all suck, although at one time, I would have liked Haley.

The GOP went all in on Trump and isn't worthy of a vote. You're finally starting to get it. Miracle

It's one of those things where I don't believe anything a politician says in a primary. I actually don't think Haley believes most of what she's saying in this primary. I plan on caucusing Republican and I'll probably vote for her.

Why would you expect us to support someone of the opposite political party?

What a weird statement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT