ADVERTISEMENT

Nimrata vs. Barack Hussein Obama

So she's a phony and doesn't stand for anything but what needs to be said at the time?

✔️
Meanwhile, our illustrious VP just compared the streets of Ferguson to the battlefield at Gettysburg. Some genius level shit there, that I'm sure you somehow fully support and agree with. Amazing how you're able to sift through all of the dumb shit and choose which ones are the good ones!

It doesn't matter why they're doing it. What matters is their complete lack of self awareness in that they would 100% take offense to it if someone was doing it to her and she was a Dem.

I disagree, intent matters. It's often the most important aspect of a dispute. And to me, there's a difference between Person A using bigoted language about Person B because Person A genuinely thinks it's a fair punch and Person C mirroring back the bigoted language to Person A about person D, because they know Person A is a bigot. My impression is that the libs are using a mirror and returning the taste of the medicine.

I also think you're misidentifying the self awareness and taking offense charges.

When the teapartiers/pre-MAGAs constantly used "Hussein" as a dig at Obama, libs/left/normal people didn't take personal offense, they weren't offended on behalf of Obama, the takeaway was an indictment of the pre-MAGAs. The pre-MAGAs were either bigoted for trying to score points on the foreign/Muslim sounding name or they were dumb for believing in the Birther theory and thinking the name Hussein was compelling evidence.

Now, rather than a Dem Obama there's a GOP Haley - and previously Ted - who have foreign sounding birth names. And now some libs will feed back the same sort of lines to the people who first uttered them against Obama to see if they're consistent.

I realize all this will be wasted because to you intent doesn't matter - but to me - Intent, whether they're genuinely a bigot/birther/xenophobe or if they're mocking a bigot/birther/xenophobe is important.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
I disagree, intent matters. It's often the most important aspect of a dispute. And to me, there's a difference between Person A using bigoted language about Person B because Person A genuinely thinks it's a fair punch and Person C mirroring back the bigoted language to Person A about person D, because they know Person A is a bigot. My impression is that the libs are using a mirror and returning the taste of the medicine.

I also think you're misidentifying the self awareness and taking offense charges.

When the teapartiers/pre-MAGAs constantly used "Hussein" as a dig at Obama, libs/left/normal people didn't take personal offense, they weren't offended on behalf of Obama, the takeaway was an indictment of the pre-MAGAs. The pre-MAGAs were either bigoted for trying to score points on the foreign/Muslim sounding name or they were dumb for believing in the Birther theory and thinking the name Hussein was compelling evidence.

Now, rather than a Dem Obama there's a GOP Haley - and previously Ted - who have foreign sounding birth names. And now some libs will feed back the same sort of lines to the people who first uttered them against Obama to see if they're consistent.

I realize all this will be wasted because to you intent doesn't matter - but to me - Intent, whether they're genuinely a bigot/birther/xenophobe or if they're mocking a bigot/birther/xenophobe is important.
Spot on

I know exactly what you are saying and you're not wrong about the intent of those who used it. But you're ignoring the fact that EVERYTHING involving race is racism to the other side when coming from the opposition. You are working under the assumption that they would make that distinction. They certainly never did with any of the other criticisms. Just look how current ridicule of Kamala is handled. Completely warranted criticism, mind you, on pretty much all of it. Same with KJP. Same with Harvard Pres. And often with Squad dopes. It's always "Because they are brown".

Not to mention the fact they are using "Nimrata" here is for equally as a stupid reason.

We're dealing with Chis here. I have trouble believing that the thought process is that sophisticated.

I know exactly what you are saying and you're not wrong about the intent of those who used it. But you're ignoring the fact that EVERYTHING involving race is racism to the other side when coming from the opposition. You are working under the assumption that they would make that distinction. They certainly never did with any of the other criticisms. Just look how current ridicule of Kamala is handled. Completely warranted criticism, mind you, on pretty much all of it. Same with KJP. Same with Harvard Pres. And often with Squad dopes. It's always "Because they are brown".

Not to mention the fact they are using "Nimrata" here is for equally as a stupid reason.

If you know exactly what I'm saying and that I'm not wrong, then we're good. You're right that I aim ignoring all the other stuff, I was only intending to comment on my impressions of the Hussein/Nimrata/Raphael and how they are used by right vs left.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
I notice that the people using "Nimrata" for Nikki Haley are many of the same types who used to wet themselves anytime someone used Obama's middle name.

Actually, this would only be equivalent, if Barack used a nickname like "Barry Obama" and abandoned his actual name as a politician.

But unsurprising that you're incapable of understanding that point.

You do realize the right is doing this to Nikki currently and to Ted in the last election cycle. If anyone n the left or either side for that matter does it, it is wrong. The right is doing it as a political strategy to their own.

• Love
Reactions: Tom Paris
Multiple posters, including Chis, have been referring to Haley as Nimrata going back at least to July 2022. Her recent comments on slavery don’t excuse slanders that were written more than a year before she made those remarks.

Actually, this would only be equivalent, if Barack used a nickname like "Barry Obama" and abandoned his actual name as a politician.

But unsurprising that you're incapable of understanding that point.
Nikki is her actual name.

But unsurprising that you’re incapable of understanding that point.

• Haha
I notice that the people using "Nimrata" for Nikki Haley are many of the same types who used to wet themselves anytime someone used Obama's middle name. I'm glad to see they've gotten over their phobia of people using ethnic names in order to bring attention to the fact that a brown person is "different". Very "Colonialist" of them. In honor of that, I will share with you, Elon Musk making fun of Elizabeth Warren and Native Americans at the same time with this video of...well...whatever's going on here.

The difference of course is Barrack Hussien Obama didn't change his first name and most people don't go around using their middle names a lot. The only people that do are usually people who want to differentiate themselves from someone else in their family. (IE George W. Bush and even then he just used an initial). Barrack still isn't a normal name in this country, but Obama still went with it.

Now I don't mind that Haley anglicized her first name. But I would say her anglicization of her first name is more notable than Obama simply not using his middle name as it's not common to use one's middle name in conversation unless you are differentiating yourself from another person of the same name.

We're dealing with Chis here. I have trouble believing that the thought process is that sophisticated.

I won't attempt to think for Chis, but I've seen a number of posters who I know don't give a shit whether someone has a foreign sounding name or if Haley prefers one name over the other - I mean they're willing to refer to men as she/her or they/them - but will use "Nimrata" or "Raphael" because they think it will agitate the MAGAs, because the MAGAs had been agitated before about Hussein.

Of course, now I've wasted multiple paragraphs on something trivial.

Reactions: HawCory
No; it is not.

Nimrata was her given name at birth. Just like Barack.

Only Barack did not have the need to change his name to "Barry".
Nimrata is I believe also still her official legal name. Like her social security card likely says Nimrata on it.

I don't mind if someone chooses to anglicize their name though. But I would point out that her choice to do so is more notable than Obama because people don't normally use their middle names.

No; it is not.

Nimrata was her given name at birth. Just like Barack.

Only Barack did not have the need to change his name to "Barry".
Even for you this is a remarkable level of stupidity. Her full given birth name is Nimarata Nikki Randhawa. Nikki is not a nickname, it’s her middle name. Five seconds on Wikipedia could have spared you from looking like a moron.

You do realize the right is doing this to Nikki currently and to Ted in the last election cycle. If anyone n the left or either side for that matter does it, it is wrong. The right is doing it as a political strategy to their own.

I didn't realize that, but I suppose similar to with Obama years ago, they believe that it will resonate with some portion of their base. Which to me illustrates the difference between trying to utilize bigotry and trying to mock those that are susepectible to bigotry.

Reactions: IANDFAN
As previously mentioned, there's a difference to try and use someone's middle name to trigger people vs using someone's given first name.

Republicans =Trash

Nimrata is I believe also still her official legal name. Like her social security card likely says Nimrata on it.

I don't mind if someone chooses to anglicize their name though. But I would point out that her choice to do so is more notable than Obama because people don't normally use their middle names.
Precisely.

TJ and his buddies cannot understand this key difference.

Nimrata chose (or felt the need) to Anglicize her given name.
Barack did not.

Reactions: MitchLL
The difference of course is Barrack Hussien Obama didn't change his first name and most people don't go around using their middle names a lot. The only people that do are usually people who want to differentiate themselves from someone else in their family. (IE George W. Bush and even then he just used an initial). Barrack still isn't a normal name in this country, but Obama still went with it.

Now I don't mind that Haley anglicized her first name. But I would say her anglicization of her first name is more notable than Obama simply not using his middle name as it's not common to use one's middle name in conversation unless you are differentiating yourself from another person of the same name.
She has always been called Nikki by her immigrant parents.
If that is all Trump and his inbred crew have against her let ‘em at it. The far far left loves it too.
It’s interesting because it’s just become a thing of late that coincides with her poll numbers in NH and SoCar, where she’s become an obstacle to Trump and his followers.
Kamala has Indian heritage too. Why wasn’t that an issue? Oh, because she stressed her African heritage?

1hVo.gif

She has always been called Nikki by her immigrant parents.
If that is all Trump and his inbred crew have against her let ‘em at it. The far far left loves it too.
It’s interesting because it’s just become a thing of late that coincides with her poll numbers in NH and SoCar, where she’s become an obstacle to Trump and his followers.
Kamala has Indian heritage too. Why wasn’t that an issue? Oh, because she stressed her African heritage?

Did Kamala change her name?

As far as Haley changing her name I wouldn't think much of it except for the fact that she recently tried to talk about the causes of the civil war without mentioning slavery and she claimed that America was NEVER a racist country.

She certainly seems to be going out of her way to appease racists.

Nope. And neither did Nikki. I don’t know how to make this any simpler for you guys to understand - Nikki is her given middle name. She goes by Nikki just as Senator Raymond Jon Tester goes by Jon and just as Senator Thomas Jonathan Ossuff also goes by Jon.

Reactions: goldmom

As far as Haley changing her name I wouldn't think much of it except for the fact that she recently tried to talk about the causes of the civil war without mentioning slavery and she claimed that America was NEVER a racist country.

She certainly seems to be going out of her way to appease racists.
Now we jump from someone’s name to the Civil War and you expect us to believe there’s no agenda on your part to trash her in general.

Trumpys trash her because she is in his way in NH.
Lefties trash her for the same reason because they’re aware that Joe is in trouble and his only hope of winning is if Trump is his opponent.

Ah…unity.

Nope. And neither did Nikki. I don’t know how to make this any simpler for you guys to understand - Nikki is her given middle name. She goes by Nikki just as Senator Raymond Jon Tester goes by Jon and just as Senator Thomas Jonathan Ossuff also goes by Jon.
Don’t you realize they won’t agree because there’s an agenda and what they have been told to parrot. You’re wasting your time.

Now we jump from someone’s name to the Civil War and you expect us to believe there’s no agenda on your part to trash her in general.

Trumpys trash her because she is in his way in NH.
Lefties trash her for the same reason because they’re aware that Joe is in trouble and his only hope of winning is if Trump is his opponent.

Ah…unity.

Actually I would prefer her as the nominee to Trump. But I'm not going to ignore the fact that she was just factually wrong on the civil war and racism. To me what is more telling about all of it is that she's smart enough to know America has a long history of racism and she's smart enough to know that slavery caused the civil war. So her ignoring of these things appears to be very intentional.

Reactions: Joes Place
This cat that hangs out on my porch calls himself Kevin but I’ve always known him as Junkyard.

I notice that the people using "Nimrata" for Nikki Haley are many of the same types who used to wet themselves anytime someone used Obama's middle name. I'm glad to see they've gotten over their phobia of people using ethnic names in order to bring attention to the fact that a brown person is "different". Very "Colonialist" of them. In honor of that, I will share with you, Elon Musk making fun of Elizabeth Warren and Native Americans at the same time with this video of...well...whatever's going on here.

Trump calls her Nimrata.

That’s the name I gave him. He’s got a big scar on one eye and sometimes he missing fur but nobody can take him out for good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT