ADVERTISEMENT

New Story "No Changes In Our Staff Moving Forward"

Don't worry....the announcement for a new OC is still coming! I was told that Kirk didn't actually want to announce the staff change during the signing day press conference out of respect for the incoming recruits

Lol it's great stuff

So look for an OC change announcement soon!

Watching Waldorf Warrior NAIA football is a much more entertaining , watchable, affordable option UNTIL the Ferentzi are gone.
Then, back to Iowa City on Saturdays.

Had to sleep on it, but I wrote about yesterday's presser and the things Kirk did (and didn't) say about his offense and how 2022 went.

Obviously most of y'all hated it and I can see why. But some of the things he said were entirely valid — and some, less so.

Ferentz: No Changes In Our Staff Moving Forward
I didn't need to sleep on it at all. You didn't say anything that other posters on this board said already. He was a slick politician up there avoiding questions and spewing out the coach speak that makes me sick. That's OK, I'll continue to DVR the games and then decide later if I should watch them.

I didn't need to sleep on it at all. You didn't say anything that other posters on this board said already. He was a slick politician up there avoiding questions and spewing out the coach speak that makes me sick. That's OK, I'll continue to DVR the games and then decide later if I should watch them.
Smart choice, it is just a game. Why do people take it so seriously?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Had to sleep on it, but I wrote about yesterday's presser and the things Kirk did (and didn't) say about his offense and how 2022 went.

Obviously most of y'all hated it and I can see why. But some of the things he said were entirely valid — and some, less so.

Good piece.

The big thing getting lost in all this is the treatment of Phil Parker. Absent in Kirk's little 24-point stat was the context that the defense is typically responsible for at least some of those points. But he presents it as Iowa being 55-3 when his boy gets us 24 points. And it was pretty despicable yesterday when he essentially implied that Brian and Phil have brought, and continue to bring, the same level of performance. Unreal. I don't imagine Phil is going to get charged up over that, but what a slap to his face from the head coach.

Once upon a time Kirk's way to run a program was copied endlessly by programs especially in the B1G footprint. Mark Dantonio, Wisc Bret Bielema, Lovie, Bill O'Brien at PSU, etc. Now you couldn't find one other team that wants to run offense this way besides Iowa. A reporter would be doing a good job asking Kirk why he persists when Paul Chryst was the last one out the door on that.

Reactions: Iron Doc
Any coach involved with the offense should have been on paper thin ice going into last year, but lets roll with the same coaching core makes sense.

Reactions: blhawk

KF is going to bury the program worse than Fry did before he finally got lost. Tell him to get lost, build the damn statue for whatever reason, have your tearful for whatever reason KF day, and be done with it.

Reactions: DewHawk
Dont think for a second that Kirk does not respect Phil Parker and that Phil does not respect Kirk. Where do some of you come up with this garbage? If you really think that you need to find a new hobby. It just sounds so childish and not very well thought out to make the accusations I see flying around this forum.

Kirk is so subborn, arrogant, narcissist, etc. he'd rather go 0-12 with HIS guys than go 12-0 and make staff changes.
When has KF gone 0-12?
You predicting that for next season?
That's what I thought.

KF is going to bury the program worse than Fry did before he finally got lost. Tell him to get lost, build the damn statue for whatever reason, have your tearful for whatever reason KF day, and be done with it.
I was waiting for this comparison to pop up.

For the last time, Hayden did not "bury" the program. Recruiting lost its steam in his last couple of years and the overall talent on the team dropped, no question. When the team slid to 3-8 he realized it was time to step down and He left a brand and a product that was respected around the country. All that was needed was a refreshed roster and more talent.

Kirk is turning Iowa (and himself) into a program people laugh at...and he doesn't seem to care. Big difference.

The 8 teams Iowa beat on the were not laughing.
The 50-60 programs that had losing records were envious of Iowa.
It is ridiculous to suggest that Haydens 3-8 season was better than KFs 8-5 season.

Yeah raising the specter of 0-12 is completely unfair when Ferentz has been, objectively, one of the most successful coaches in one of the two best football conferences in America. He's earned SOME benefit of the doubt. That doesn't make how he's handled Brian Ferentz any better or worse but let's not lose contact with reality.

Dont think for a second that Kirk does not respect Phil Parker and that Phil does not respect Kirk. Where do some of you come up with this garbage? If you really think that you need to find a new hobby. It just sounds so childish and not very well thought out to make the accusations I see flying around this forum.
Who's saying KF and Phil don't respect each other? I was saying that KF trying to put his son on the same level as Phil in terms of the job they've done as coordinators is a slap in Parker's face. Phil is arguably the best in the country. Brian is arguably the worst in the country.

Who's saying KF and Phil don't respect each other? I was saying that KF trying to put his son on the same level as Phil in terms of the job they've done as coordinators is a slap in Parker's face. Phil is arguably the best in the country. Brian is arguably the worst in the country.
Jesus, let that sink in. We have the best and worst coordinators. How does that happen? Mary knows…

Don't worry....the announcement for a new OC is still coming! I was told that Kirk didn't actually want to announce the staff change during the signing day press conference out of respect for the incoming recruits

Lol it's great stuff

So look for an OC change announcement soon!

QAnon vibes here.

Trust the plan! Iowa patriots in action! We will win the day!

KF might as well compare Brian to Tom and Terry Brands while he is at it.

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
On a related note, here is another baffling stat about the sons of Kirk Ferentz. Senior Ferentz has never won 10+ games in a season without contributions from at least one of his sons in some capacity another. That’s right, Kirk’s best seasons (2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2015, 2019, 2021) all involved a junior ferentz.

On a related note, here is another baffling stat about the sons of Kirk Ferentz. Senior Ferentz has never won 10+ games in a season without contributions from at least one of his sons in some capacity another. That’s right, Kirk’s best seasons (2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2015, 2019, 2021) all involved a junior ferentz.
Baffling? When you surround yourself with family for the vast majority of your tenure that can happen

Edit: In 24 years the only seasons he had to field a team without a son on roster or staff were 99, 00, 01, 06, 07. So baffled.... 😂

Last edited:
I was waiting for this comparison to pop up.

For the last time, Hayden did not "bury" the program. Recruiting lost its steam in his last couple of years and the overall talent on the team dropped, no question. When the team slid to 3-8 he realized it was time to step down and He left a brand and a product that was respected around the country. All that was needed was a refreshed roster and more talent.

Kirk is turning Iowa (and himself) into a program people laugh at...and he doesn't seem to care. Big difference.
JHF left about 12 NFL players in the pipeline, there have been worse transitions talentwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT