ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern Game @ Wrigley

JLDHAWK

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
Des Moines
Has any information been posted on tickets for this game? Sorry if there is another thread. I don't live on these boards, at least not off season. Will it be just in the away game applications or work like a bowl game selection? I had honestly forgotten about it until my daughter asked me today. Did I miss all already or is it still coming out? Anyone heard?

As far as I know, Iowa is not yet accepting applications. On the football page at hawkeyesports.com, it says June 30 is the last day for season ticketholders to order away tickets. But ambiguous when the first day is/was.
On one of these boards, people are talking about buying Northwestern season tickets to get there.

Reactions: JLDHAWK
As far as I know, Iowa is not yet accepting applications. On the football page at hawkeyesports.com, it says June 30 is the last day for season ticketholders to order away tickets. But ambiguous when the first day is/was.
On one of these boards, people are talking about buying Northwestern season tickets to get there.
I checked for the away game and do not see the application for that. I emailed the ticket office and will share. I actually checked out the season ticket route a little bit and was surprised they were getting as much as they were. Plus, you might as well burn the other tickets because I doubt there is much of a secondary market outside of one or two of their big games.

Wrigley seats 46,000, that might be a very expensive ticket. The novelty, being right in Chicago, access to rail into the center city all make this an attractive/fun game.

Reactions: hawkhockey
I bought 8 tickets to Wrigley Field and two season tickets to Northwestern paid $1190 total… I’m going to donate my two Northwestern tickets back to some organization
All you have to do is call the Northwestern ticket office… And that was with taxes and everything

I bought 8 tickets to Wrigley Field and two season tickets to Northwestern paid $1190 total… I’m going to donate my two Northwestern tickets back to some organization
All you have to do is call the Northwestern ticket office… And that was with taxes and everything
Did you get confirmation on the Wrigley tickets? I bought a season ticket and 8 as well. It didn’t say the 8 were confirmed tickets yet.

Did you get confirmation on the Wrigley tickets? I bought a season ticket and 8 as well. It didn’t say the 8 were confirmed tickets yet. If you’re asking if I have eight tickets forsure to the game 100% i do You got to pick what section you wanted You just don’t know the seat number
They already took it out of my credit card.
I ordered them like three weeks ago… You can’t buy more than al8 Wrigley Field tickets

football games should NEVER be played in baseball stadiums
Or armorys, but sometimes you had to work with what you had..............

Also, way back in the day, CFB games in baseball venues were either considered major drawing events, or even the place teams called their home.

Even into the late 90s and early 2000s, multiple NFL teams were playing home games at these dual venues.

Wrigley Field held the record for the most NFL games hosted of any stadium until Giants Stadium passed it in 2003.

There have been 365 NFL games played at Wrigley. I think it is good enough for the Hawkeyes.

Reactions: hawkhockey
Has any information been posted on tickets for this game? Sorry if there is another thread. I don't live on these boards, at least not off season. Will it be just in the away game applications or work like a bowl game selection? I had honestly forgotten about it until my daughter asked me today. Did I miss all already or is it still coming out? Anyone heard?
That game has all the appeal of a spring game 😴😴😴😴

Just a word of warning everyone...I just spoke to a friend of mine who is a NW season ticket holder....last time they did this at NW, the season ticket EXCLUDED the Wrigley game...just wanted to pass this along and hope it's not working that way this season....

They already took it out of my credit card.
I ordered them like three weeks ago… You can’t buy more than al8 Wrigley Field tickets

I called the ticket office on this...they are allowing people to "order" up to 8 tickets and are charging their cards for the full amount, but they said none of the tickets are guaranteed at this point. If people don't get the tickets they requested they will be refunded the money.

• Haha
Reactions: dean_oliver222
Just a word of warning everyone...I just spoke to a friend of mine who is a NW season ticket holder....last time they did this at NW, the season ticket EXCLUDED the Wrigley game...just wanted to pass this along and hope it's not working that way this season....
It is excluded, I purchased the ticket hoping to get the 8 additional tickets to Wrigley.

• Wow
Well we now know only big donors are getting rhem on the away apps.. Haven't checked outsides sources yet

Wrigley seats 46,000, that might be a very expensive ticket. The novelty, being right in Chicago, access to rail into the center city all make this an attractive/fun game.
Probably. I don't recall the games at Soldier Field being to horrible. About like bowl game costs. Wrigley will factor in to it.

I would assume they would still allow rooftop seating but take a cut in the sales just like the Cubs do.
Granted it was back in 2010, but I went to the first game at Wrigley when Illinois played Northwestern. NU only let season ticket holders attend and allotted Illinois the standard 3,000 tickets to keep it a “home game.” While tens of thousands of Illini fans DID buy season tickets or get tickets from StubHub, the rooftop seats were completely full of them, too. The rooftops will be open.

This will be NU’s third game there, and they drew a crap crowd for Purdue last year.

I called the ticket office on this...they are allowing people to "order" up to 8 tickets and are charging their cards for the full amount, but they said none of the tickets are guaranteed at this point. If people don't get the tickets they requested they will be refunded the money.
I get free player tickets, 35 yard line in like the 2nd row. Give me your contact info and maybe I can chip one in for you sometime 👍🏻

Come on man ! You're just jealous that it has more appeal than that fusker debacle in Ireland last August !
50 people killed in Chicago over the Memorial Day weekend. I used to live in Chicago and I would love to return to the see the Hawks. Now I think I will pass on spending any time in Chicago.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
50 people killed in Chicago over the Memorial Day weekend. I used to live in Chicago and I would love to return to the see the Hawks. Now I think I will pass on spending any time in Chicago.
50 shot, not killed. 11 killed, fwiw.

Iowa should never agree to play in Wrigley. It is a horrible venue for football. It is nice baseball park. I went to a Bears game many, many years ago and sat in the 1st row behind the first base dugout - the end zone for football. Being a baseball park it is designed for water runoff. From that end zone seat players around the far 30 yard line could be seen from only the knees up. You had no idea where the line of scrimmage was. I would never go back there to see a football game even if the ticket was free. NW's stadium is nothing to like either. If Iowa is not to play at NW the game should then play in the Bear's current venue. We can count on the NFL insisting oh having a decent stadium in Chicago for teams to play. Never Wrigley.

Wrigley Field held the record for the most NFL games hosted of any stadium until Giants Stadium passed it in 2003.

There have been 365 NFL games played at Wrigley. I think it is good enough for the Hawkeyes.
The Bears haven't played at Wrigley since 1970. It was a very different game back then. The place is 50 years+ outdated for football.

Last edited:
Iowa should never agree to play in Wrigley. It is a horrible venue for football. It is nice baseball park. I went to a Bears game many, many years ago and sat in the 1st row behind the first base dugout - the end zone for football. Being a baseball park it is designed for water runoff. From that end zone seat players around the far 30 yard line could be seen from only the knees up. You had no idea where the line of scrimmage was. I would never go back there to see a football game even if the ticket was free. NW's stadium is nothing to like either. If Iowa is not to play at NW the game should then play in the Bear's current venue. We can count on the NFL insisting oh having a decent stadium in Chicago for teams to play. Never Wrigley.
I don’t think the layout is the same

Inside the 30 yard line on the East end/South sideline is an accident waiting to happen. Look how close the wall is.
111621-Wrigley-Walkthrough-RK0111.JPG

Even worse look at the back of the end zone on the same end.

106954057_original.jpg

Wrigley amenities have been completely gutted and rebuilt since you saw the Bears play there 55 years ago.

The Bears layout had the end zones near the first base dugout and the LF bleachers.

The recent NW layout had the end zones near the third base dugout and the RF bleachers.

Wrigley ain't the best place to watch a football game, but the field in Evanston is a dump so there isn't really a loss in moving the game.

Wrigley amenities have been completely gutted and rebuilt since you saw the Bears play there 55 years ago.

The Bears layout had the end zones near the first base dugout and the LF bleachers.

The recent NW layout had the end zones near the third base dugout and the RF bleachers.

Wrigley ain't the best place to watch a football game, but the field in Evanston is a dump so there isn't really a loss in moving the game.
All true, but it's still football in a baseball stadium. I'm not big on fitting square pegs into round holes (so to speak). Ryan field is pretty weak, but at least you can see the game from all the seats.

Have fun at Wrigley, always love the experience when it's the Cubs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT