ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern president says he ‘may have erred’ with 2-week suspension for football coach Pat Fitzgerald

"I haven't done one iota of research whatsoever on this topic but I am going to go ahead and make a determination that this is no big deal and that Fitzy has a strong case for litigation anyway."
The usual Colon "'I'm such an edgy contrarian" schtick.

BAU :rolleyes:

"I haven't done one iota of research whatsoever on this topic but I am going to go ahead and make a determination that this is no big deal and that Fitzy has a strong case for litigation anyway."
Oh, well I want Fitz to win, of course. I almost always want to see the popular public take fail. Ala Duke Lacrosse. Mostly because it's easy to wax moralistic and jump to conclusions without evidence. Enjoy seeing people kept honest.

So yes, that's my bias.

@torbee ... Is a heard animal. Nothing to be proud of.

I've agreed with your assessment of "college sports" from day 1. To call them student athletes or collegiate athletes is a joke. None of them are remotely there for an education and half of them can't string along a complete sentence.
Only a small percentage of the 105 guys on a roster are stars. Those top guys are probably not in it for the education but a majority of them know they have no future in football and care about the education, especially at a place like Northwestern

• Haha
Reactions: bIhawk
Only a small percentage of the 105 guys on a roster are stars. Those top guys are probably not in it for the education but a majority of them know they have no future in football and care about the education, especially at a place like Northwestern
Even those now are rare enclaves. College athletics has become a big joke.

Oh, well I want Fitz to win, of course. I almost always want to see the popular public take fail. Ala Duke Lacrosse. Mostly because it's easy to wax moralistic and jump to conclusions without evidence. Enjoy seeing people kept honest.

So yes, that's my bias.

Idk, usually want to read up on the subject matter before staking a claim. At least know what is alleged and by how many witnesses. You were posting under the assumption Northwestern would fire Fritz based on one person's word. Maybe u need to keep yourself honest here.

So yes, that's my bias.

I know the difference between herd and heard. And you are the kind of idiot that would walk off a cliff instead of following the rest of the smart animals - agree with you there.

I know the difference between herd and heard. And you are the kind of idiot that would walk off a cliff instead of following the rest of the smart animals - agree with you there.
200w.gif

Reactions: GOHOX69
Even those now are rare enclaves. College athletics has become a big joke.
Hot take there. A 97 pct graduation success rate is pretty damn impressive for a bunch of guys that supposedly don't care about education

Guess the hazing didnt effect them that much either then.
Not enough to lose sight of what the long term value of a degree from NW is worth, evidently. Those NW boys are no dummies, if they didn't care about academics they would have chosen a different school

• Haha

Yeah, I had no idea the difference between herd and heard. Learned something new today, thanks talking herd animal!

And, oh please. Please please please. I'm obviously rather transparent about my thought process here -- I'll take down popular opinion if I can. But I'm obviously not going to attach myself to bullshit of any importance. This is why I vote democrat but mostly focus on pissing them off.

Now go back to munching grass. Don't want to be skinny for your big day!

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Yeah, I had no idea the difference between herd and heard. Learned something new today, thanks talking herd animal!

And, oh please. Please please please. I'm obviously rather transparent about my thought process here -- I'll take down popular opinion if I can. But I'm obviously not going to attach myself to bullshit of any importance. This is why I vote democrat but mostly focus on pissing them off.

WTF? LOL at you.

Reactions: nelly02 and win4jj
Counterpoint ---- stfu about someone's background, clothing and hair appearance. It has nothing to do with their football abilities.

It's the same thing I said about the Iowa situation: was it outright racist behavior based on antipathy towards all black people? I don't think so at all. But my God, how hard is it to be at least somewhat sensitive and aware that folks from different backgrounds and cultures should be respected and not forced to comply with what YOU think they should look like, how they should speak and how they should wear their hair?

If you are coaching in the year 2023 and you can't meet that bare minimum of cultural and social respect, you are frankly in the wrong job.
I know, right?

After a sensational second season at the helm for Jackson State, head coach Deion Sanders has big plans for his team in 2022. To that end, he wants his players to dress appropriately.

In a YouTube video, Coach Prime is telling his players that he wants them to dress nicer during classes and become better role models in the classroom. To that end, he's telling them to stop wearing sandals, sleeveless shirts and any clothing that exposes their armpits.

“No slides (sandals). No slides. No armpits exposed. No wife-beaters,” Sanders says to his team. “Sit in the front of the classroom and be the perfect gentleman because when it comes down to it, and you need help, that professor is going to recall your character and who you’ve been consistently in that class... No slides, no sleeveless shirts, no armpits, none of that.”

Sanders added that he wants his players to demonstrate good hygiene too. He made it a point to tell his players to shower before class.

“Make sure you shower before you go to class,” Sanders continued. “I don’t want to get a report that you was in some bull-junk in our apparel, representing us. Kids in the back of class making noise, he’s free-styling to the whole class while I was trying to teach it with a Jackson State football shirt on. Not going to happen.

The Prime Rules: Wrong Socks, Wrong Team

The reporter Jon Wertheim mentioned how he was “surprised by how old school” Sanders is. Wertheim told Sanders, “you’re talking about socks can’t be too low.” Then he added, “you don’t want it too baggy; what do they know not to do?”

Sanders leaned in and revealed exactly how his players must show up.

“No earrings in uniform. No hoodies in uniform. No sagging in uniforms. No one sock up, no sock down. Let your game separate you, not your dress code,” Sanders said with no emotion.

When Sanders was asked, “What’s that all about?” he answered like a true general.

“Structure and discipline,” Sanders continued. “When you go into the NFL, all the things that I’m teaching them are mandated. I’m preparing them for the next level. So if they come and matriculate, and they go into UPS, do you think they can wear any uniform they want? How they want? If you’re on Wall Street, you think you can just fall into the office and just walk in there anyway you want? No, there’s structure and rules to this thing.”

Noted. From the resident know it all.

I know, right?

After a sensational second season at the helm for Jackson State, head coach Deion Sanders has big plans for his team in 2022. To that end, he wants his players to dress appropriately.

In a YouTube video, Coach Prime is telling his players that he wants them to dress nicer during classes and become better role models in the classroom. To that end, he's telling them to stop wearing sandals, sleeveless shirts and any clothing that exposes their armpits.

“No slides (sandals). No slides. No armpits exposed. No wife-beaters,” Sanders says to his team. “Sit in the front of the classroom and be the perfect gentleman because when it comes down to it, and you need help, that professor is going to recall your character and who you’ve been consistently in that class... No slides, no sleeveless shirts, no armpits, none of that.”

Sanders added that he wants his players to demonstrate good hygiene too. He made it a point to tell his players to shower before class.

“Make sure you shower before you go to class,” Sanders continued. “I don’t want to get a report that you was in some bull-junk in our apparel, representing us. Kids in the back of class making noise, he’s free-styling to the whole class while I was trying to teach it with a Jackson State football shirt on. Not going to happen.

The reporter Jon Wertheim mentioned how he was “surprised by how old school” Sanders is. Wertheim told Sanders, “you’re talking about socks can’t be too low.” Then he added, “you don’t want it too baggy; what do they know not to do?”

“No earrings in uniform. No hoodies in uniform. No sagging in uniforms. No one sock up, no sock down. Let your game separate you, not your dress code,” Sanders said with no emotion.

When Sanders was asked, “What’s that all about?” he answered like a true general.

“Structure and discipline,” Sanders continued. “When you go into the NFL, all the things that I’m teaching them are mandated. I’m preparing them for the next level. So if they come and matriculate, and they go into UPS, do you think they can wear any uniform they want? How they want? If you’re on Wall Street, you think you can just fall into the office and just walk in there anyway you want? No, there’s structure and rules to this thing.”

The only problem with Deion is he was always flashy and attention-seeking. Telling kids not to do it is wildly hypocritical.

Deion-Sanders-090322-getty-ftr.jpg

I know, right?

I think Deion's a dumbass and will flop at Colorado.

Thanks for agreeing with my position.

I know, right?

Yes, instituting a dress code is exactly the same as making a Latino player shave “cinco de Mayo” in their hair.

And they might be…..right now it is nothing more than “he said, she said….”This complaint came out AFTER Fitz’s “suspension” was announced…there just seems to be a disconnect of some sore here, to me…….
WOB.

I feel like in order to keep this thread going we're going to need much more detail, and maybe even video evidence, of the hazing practices of the women's volleyball and cheerleading squads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT