ADVERTISEMENT

Not a favorite topic...

Jimmy McGill

HR Legend
Sep 9, 2018
Earth
I've been on suicide watch twice now in the past 2 weeks. First one was service related. Tonight was a high school classmate that doesn't think anyone will give him a second chance. No attorney = Client privilege as I said so much. I managed to talk both down, Both for HROT lawyers and Med providers, at what point do I try to reach to family? Betray the trust or move on?

Last edited:
Depends on how well if at all you know the family members and how you plan on contacting them.

Tread carefully...

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I've been on suicide watch twice now in the past 2 weeks. First one was service related. Tonight was a high school classmate that doesn't think anyone will give him a second chance. No attorney = Client privilege as I said so much. I managed to talk both down, Both for HROT lawyers and Med providers, at what point do I try to reach to family? Betray the trust or move on?
Oof that is tough stuff. The only remotely similar thing I have encountered was when a high school classmate of mine was posting a lot of things on Facebaook which seemed suicidal. I didn't even really know her but she had three daughters. I called the cops (not 911) to check up on her. Also, this is not the proper way to do it:

Oof that is tough stuff. The only remotely similar thing I have encountered was when a high school classmate of mine was posting a lot of things on Facebaook which seemed suicidal. I didn't even really know her but she had three daughters. I called the cops (not 911) to check up on her. Also, this is not the proper way to do it:

Online class for training at the University of Phoenix......LMAO

Reactions: Tenacious E
Betray the trust. This is an all hands experience. You may catch unmitigated grief, and it may last for a long time, and you'll just have to sit there and take it without really pushing back. But here's the thing: love is like running water - with time, it finds it way in. And, it's an armor that will allow you to take the grief.

-speaking from personal experience

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
never ignore the signs. I would let the family know immediatelly.

we have had 4 in my family and there were a lot of mistakes made.

• Sad
Reactions: hawkbirch
If you knew the family, you might understand why I didn't. He seems like he is good today. I've included him to be color commentator on our fantasy football league. He seems excited by being included. Divorce and custody cases can bring any man or woman to their knees.

If you knew the family, you might understand why I didn't. He seems like he is good today. I've included him to be color commentator on our fantasy football league. He seems excited by being included. Divorce and custody cases can bring any man or woman to their knees.
Forget the family, if they make serious threats you should take them to the ER and have them evaluated. In patient treatment will make life hard for a few days but it's better than regretting getting them real help.

Forget the family, if they make serious threats you should take them to the ER and have them evaluated. In patient treatment will make life hard for a few days but it's better than regretting getting them real help.

I know. I got it under control, we are not there.

Somebody needed someone to vent to and when your family is shit and your soon to be ex-spouse is shit, and you are in between jobs. He just needed someone to talk to, I think. He is doing therapy, and I told him not to be scared of meds. They were a lifechanger for me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT