ADVERTISEMENT

not looking good for brecht

no it is his long gevity that pisses me off, he has coached long enough that coaching like a T-Ball coach is inexcusable. considering Heller has coached for over 25 years vs Brian who has been coaching FBS level FB since 2012.

there is a hell of difference between the 2, the more experience the more critism you are going to get,

Brian 1st 6 years as the OC has resulted in 52 wins, 4 top 25 finishes, 6 straight winning seasons one of the best stretches in the FBS recent history.
You might want to look at Hellers record at Iowa when comparing him to the worst OC in the entire football landscape. And while you're at it, look at the record of the coaches before Heller.

This should be good.

Karnak, 19 posts in this thread and 14 are from you. You are tiresome. Maybe Heller should have put Pemsyl in to pitch.
Pemsyl would have crushed it. I don't know why he's so underappreciated. He had like a 2-1 touchdown to interception ratio and led the nation in assists to turnovers. Not sure what else he could have done to make these idiots happy 🤷

no he needs to coach like he wants to win. he is not paid to coddle his pitchers. if they struggle its time to pull them giving the team a chance to win.

but if you are ok with losing big games go for it.
I am sure that he doesn't want to win. You are as clueless as everyone says you are.

as soon as he starts pulling struggling pitchers before they surrender the lead and leaving the bases loaded then I will stop critizing him, even the announcer keep talking about how deep his pitching staff is.
And just like that, Iowa is up. You ride Langenberg as long as you can hope the BP can do it's job and hold the lead.

Reactions: shoot_the_three
is anybody watching the game today? just checked the stat tracker
IA 4
UNC 2
Bottom of the 6th
IA pitcher has thrown 90 pitches how long would you leave in? Heller has not pulled him so far, to me its time to bring in the next pitcher with a short string, as this is a win and move to the next game or lose and go home.

if he can pull a pitcher every inning in a meaningless game then he can damn well do it in the biggest game of the season to date.

is anybody watching the game today? just checked the stat tracker
IA 4
UNC 2
Bottom of the 6th
IA pitcher has thrown 90 pitches how long would you leave in? Heller has not pulled him so far, to me its time to bring in the next pitcher with a short string, as this is a win and move to the next game or lose and go home.

if he can pull a pitcher every inning in a meaningless game then he can damn well do it in the biggest game of the season to date.
And what happened yesterday when we brought in reliever?

What I have learned this morning. Heller's coaching ability is at a T-ball level and that he needs to start coaching to win.

What I already knew this morning but couldn't stop myself from doing. Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Last edited:
What I have learned this morning. Heller's coaching ability is at a T-ball coaches level and that he needs to start coaching to win.

What I already knew this morning but couldn't stop myself from doing. Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The op also doesn't seem to understand this is the football board. Why he won't participate in the existing threads in Off Topic or Hawkeye Catch All is puzzling. Unless he just wants attention, in which case he has succeeded.....and not in a good way.

The op also doesn't seem to understand this is the football board. Why he won't participate in the existing threads in Off Topic or Hawkeye Catch All is puzzling. Unless he just wants attention, in which case he has succeeded.....and not in a good way.
there sure alot of posters interested in this game. this is a case where it would be nice to have just a Base ball board.

Iowa did lose to Indiana ST after they scored 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th, bashing heller for not changing pitchers when it was obvious to even a 5 year old he was struggling. he has one of the deepest bull pens in D1 Basball and refused to use it..

Brian gets ripped for doing less than what you posters want him to do even wanting fired.

heller did the same thing 5X's losing 4X and winning just once. the most embarrassing was in a loss to U of Illinois-Chicago 14-3 in 7 inning 10 run rule when he changed pitchers every inning.

which is what he did in every mid week game. this is not T-Ball where every one gets to play, these are 18-22 year olds
not 4-7 year olds.
Most every non-conference, directional school or the such we play, Heller throws a pitcher per injing to get them reps. I like that to a point, if they don't have game experience it's hard to count on them.

Why do look at so many 3rd strikes? You're taught in 3rd grade, if you have 2 strikes, you better swing at anything close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT