ADVERTISEMENT

Noted: Nikki Haley proposes a mental acuity test for lawmakers over 75

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
As she kicked off her campaign for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley proposed on Wednesday that all lawmakers 75 and over be required to take a mental acuity test.
“In the America that I see … we will have term limits for Congress, and mandatory mental competency tests for politicians over 75 years old,” said Haley, 51, to cheers from the crowd.
Haley, a former South Carolina governor, spent a good portion of her speech laying out her vision for the country, arguing that, to achieve a “proud America, strong and proud, not weak and woke,” Americans must try out “some things we’ve never done” — like voting a woman into the Oval Office. That vision also includes limiting older lawmakers’ time in Congress.
In her remarks, Haley encouraged supporters to “look past the failed ideas of leaders in Washington and find the courage to be part of the solution.”
Hypothetically, if enacted in 2022, Haley’s proposal to test the “mental competency” of lawmakers would affect a number of sitting senators, including three members of her own party: 89-year-old Charles E. Grassley (Iowa), 79-year-old James E. Risch (Wis.) and 80-year-old Mitch McConnell (Ky.), the Senate minority leader.
The average age of the Senate is 64.

why just over 75? Mental acuity test for all of those morans!
Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

Reactions: West Duval Nole
iq is overrated. it can be argued that less mental acuity is sometimes more beneficial for the country

• Haha
Reactions: SnootHawk
Took the words right out of my mouth! For real...many jobs have some sort of qualification testing...public office should have something IMO.
Like how awful is the world you live in?

I mean it's one that lacks any logic, complex thought or reasoning.

Like how awful is the world you live in?

I mean it's one that lacks any logic, complex thought or reasoning.
Hmmm...wonder why you didn't have a similar reply for the others that posted essentially the same thing? Your fascination with me is noted...and a little concerning. Are you OK?

Hmmm...wonder why you didn't have a similar reply for the others that posted essentially the same thing? Your fascination with me is noted...and a little concerning. Are you OK?
I'm fine I quoted yours to continue to point out why nobody should listen to you. The others aren't even worth responding to because they are trolls.

Here let's think about this one
Who picks the questions
Who evaluates
What's passing
When is it taken
By whom
Do they get to study beforehand
Would we have to change the constitution

No way to manipulate any of those. So the whole idea is a non starter and anyone who thinks things out can see that. Might have well just said they should all be required to fart rainbows.

Reactions: mientkiewicz
I'm fine I quoted yours to continue to point out why nobody should listen to you. The others aren't even worth responding to because they are trolls.

Here let's think about this one
Who picks the questions
Who evaluates
What's passing
When is it taken
By whom
Do they get to study beforehand
Would we have to change the constitution

No way to manipulate any of those. So the whole idea is a non starter and anyone who thinks things out can see that. Might have well just said they should all be required to fart rainbows.
OK, so in your opinion no one should listen to me huh? Does that make you one of those people that want to "cancel" others that they don't agree with? I think it does, yes. Congratulations.

If you have a mission to discredit me, then be my guest, bring it kid.

iq is overrated. it can be argued that less mental acuity is sometimes more beneficial for the country
This is true. I have a close relative with a genius IQ, and he has very little common sense. He's also a narcissist, though not quite at the Trump level.

All that said, cognitive function is similar but different than IQ. It's about the ability to process information and ideas consistently. Biden might have once had a high IQ, but the connectivity in his brain has undoubtedly diminished.

He sucks. Doesn't make the state suck.

Doesn't seem like people think it sucks anyway...

The hundreds of thousands migrating from NE blue states every year seemed to agree with you.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT