ADVERTISEMENT

'Nothing short of domestic terrorism': Police officers file civil suit against 6 people associated with DSM BLM

Good, I'm glad that the protestors on the left that broke the law are being punished.

Now you go.
They're not being punished, they're being sued for punitive damages with interest.

If they interfered with an official act they should be charged criminally and face punishment by the state, not individual police officers and their lawyers.

They're not being punished, they're being sued for punitive damages with interest.

If they interfered with an official act they should be charged criminally and face punishment by the state, not individual police officers and their lawyers.

Why not both?

Half of the united states have basically said eff the police, the courts are taking the side of the criminal in too many cases.

I hope these cops win. Being a cop is a hard job and they dont make near enough money to put their lives in danger.

Half of the united states have basically said eff the police, the courts are taking the side of the criminal in too many cases.

I hope these cops win. Being a cop is a hard job and they dont make near enough money to put their lives in danger.

It's possible that your desired outcome makes all of that worse for everyone, especially police.

I completely agree with your last sentence, but I don't think it's a reason to open the door for civil litigation by police officers performing their official duties against members of the public.

How much is "enough money"?

It's possible that your desired outcome makes all of that worse for everyone, especially police.

I completely agree with your last sentence, but I don't think it's a reason to open the door for civil litigation by police officers performing their official duties against members of the public.
I can appreciate that.

I am discouraged to see these cops found guilty when they are making split second, potentially life saving decisions.

We have to be willing to give police the benefit of the doubt in most situations otherwise we are stripping them of their status. And this only leads to more problems as well.

I dont care if its 1 dollar. The money doesn't matter (at least to me). IMO it is about holding those people accountable. Criminals should not be allowed to get away with this type of stuff.
But you're the one that mentioned money?

The more relevant question would be, what actions do the police have available to them if they're being choked?
In Libbyland you give the perp(s) your service revolver and offer to buy them milk and cookies and send them on their merry way. (assuming they don't shoot you of course)

In the Land of the Sane, common sense would tell you Law Enforcement has a lot of options. (use your imagination, but don't take long)

In Libbyland you give the perp(s) your service revolver and offer to buy them milk and cookies and send them on their merry way. (assuming they don't shoot you of course)

In the Land of the Sane, common sense would tell you Law Enforcement has a lot of options. (use your imagination, but don't take long)
I am a liberal and your second paragraph is exactly the point I was making. I don't know why you have to be a partisan @ss, especially since we agree that police officers currently possess a scope of legal options when it comes to dealing with someone choking them.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2

BS. Half the country my ass. BS about the courts as well. Get back to me when a court doesn’t give blanket sovereign immunity to a police officer from a civil suit, short of shooting someone in cold blood.

Half of the country does not hate cops.

I dont care if its 1 dollar. The money doesn't matter (at least to me). IMO it is about holding those people accountable. Criminals should not be allowed to get away with this type of stuff.
Just asking, how do you feel about the suit filed by the Capitol Hill cops against Donald Trump?

IPR is doing a segment on this suit on Talk of Iowa on Friday. Just a PSA for the OP. Hopefully they compare this suit with the one filed by the DC cops against Trump. I expect Northern to be deeply conflicted tomorrow. Or, blindly oblivious.

• Haha
IPR is doing a segment on this suit on Talk of Iowa on Friday. Just a PSA for the OP. Hopefully they compare this suit with the one filed by the DC cops against Trump. I expect Northern to be deeply conflicted tomorrow. Or, blindly oblivious.

Thank you. I'm a regular listener to IPR. I'm sure it will be a balanced delivery, LOL!

I've repeatedly condemned January 6.

If you're trying to compare the lawsuits, shouldn't the troopers then be filing suit on the numerous leftwing political leaders that spurred on and fomented the activities of that time frame?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT