ADVERTISEMENT

Nov. 7 Doubleheader

Hawkbiz

HR MVP
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2012
This may have been covered before and I missed it. For tomorrow's men's/women's doubleheader, does a men's ticket get you in to the women's game, also? And vice versa. Or, do they clear out Carver in between games?

This may have been covered before and I missed it. For tomorrow's men's/women's doubleheader, does a men's ticket get you in to the women's game, also? And vice versa. Or, do they clear out Carver in between games?
Always has before. The idea of doing doubleheaders is to get more crossover of fans.

In the past where it was reversed you will have to leave your seat. Those that have women season tickets are entitled to their seats. Those with a game ticket as well. Open seats remaining are available to those wishing to stay. My question as a womens season ticket holder when can we enter.

Doors to Carver-Hawkeye Arena will open at 4:30 pm CT. The Iowa men's game tips off at 6 pm CT. The women's game is scheduled to tip off at 8:30 pm CT. The arena will not be cleared between games. For those fans wishing to stay and watch the women’s basketball game versus Southern, seating is available in sections FF, GG and HH.

Go here for more information:

Reactions: BBHawk
Doors to Carver-Hawkeye Arena will open at 4:30 pm CT. The Iowa men's game tips off at 6 pm CT. The women's game is scheduled to tip off at 8:30 pm CT. The arena will not be cleared between games. For those fans wishing to stay and watch the women’s basketball game versus Southern, seating is available in sections FF, GG and HH.

Go here for more information:

With neither game being televised and dictating the tipoff time, I don't know why they put the men's game first. Always in the past it has been the other way around. With a late weeknight starting time for the women, it will have a smaller than usual crowd. Maybe they are hoping men's fans will stay around.

With neither game being televised and dictating the tipoff time, I don't know why they put the men's game first. Always in the past it has been the other way around. With a late weeknight starting time for the women, it will have a smaller than usual crowd. Maybe they are hoping men's fans will stay around.
I think the women’s fans will surprise you…. lotta buzz about the women’s team

Aren’t the games on BIG+ though?

The men's game is televised. It's on ESPNU

I think the women’s fans will surprise you…. lotta buzz about the women’s team

Aren’t the games on BIG+ though?

The men's game is on ESPNU (6 pm CT tip), so ESPN dictated why the men's game gets played first.

The women's game is on BTN Plus (8:30 pm CT tip)

They sold more season tickets for the womens team this year than for the mens.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT